THE BROWNS BOARD

what a crock

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2014/06/18/hyper-sensitive-joy-reid-warns-viewers-saying-racial-slur-redskins?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Marketing&utm_term=Facebook&utm_content=Facebook&utm_campaign=MSNBC-Redskins-Warning

I'm aware that the source is NewsBusters but it is an actual clip from MSNBC. I just happened to see it on Facebook.

The hypocrisy of the left is truly astounding.

And it really is a shame that the federal government waste our resources on this kind of shit.

WSS

It's barearsed hypocrisy. But do they actually believe nobody notices?

But it's a given that a lot of corrupt minded libs with happily believe

lies, when they don't mind lies that are politically expedient.

Otherwise..."lies are bad"

Yes, they think nobody notices because, well, not many people do. This particular piece is from a website that is admittedly slanted to the right. However because a source is slanted does not mean the news reported is fake which many here seem to think. The mainstream, which leans left, doesn't bother to report these stories with much gusto. Hence some of these stories are ignored.

But no matter where the report comes from I would think any freedom loving citizen of any country would be concerned about this type of action from the government. No matter whose government it may be.

WSS

Yes, they think nobody notices because, well, not many people do. This particular piece is from a website that is admittedly slanted to the right. However because a source is slanted does not mean the news reported is fake which many here seem to think. The mainstream, which leans left, doesn't bother to report these stories with much gusto. Hence some of these stories are ignored.

But no matter where the report comes from I would think any freedom loving citizen of any country would be concerned about this type of action from the government. No matter whose government it may be.

WSS

In case it wasn't clear, I was agreeing with you, that this is just over-PC bullshit. That kind of thing will go unnoticed because it's relatively minor, hopefully it's just the one person that's desperately trying to avoid saying something that might get her sacked. When it's an initiative from on high - "now we do not say 'Redskins' on MSNBC - CEO, MSNBC" - it becomes a problem. Not a big problem, because after all nobody's getting hurt or anything, but it's just indicative of the stupidity and over sensitivity of the people in charge.

In case it wasn't clear, I was agreeing with you, that this is just over-PC bullshit. That kind of thing will go unnoticed because it's relatively minor, hopefully it's just the one person that's desperately trying to avoid saying something that might get her sacked. When it's an initiative from on high - "now we do not say 'Redskins' on MSNBC - CEO, MSNBC" - it becomes a problem. Not a big problem, because after all nobody's getting hurt or anything, but it's just indicative of the stupidity and over sensitivity of the people in charge.

I thought you were quite clear. I wasn't taking a shot at you.

WSS

It'll be tied up in so much litigation that Obama won't be in power by the time the precedent is set for taking down Chief Wahoo. Or the Browns, or the Chiefs. I'm sure someone somewhere finds the term '49ers offensive.

It'll be tied up in so much litigation that Obama won't be in power by the time the precedent is set for taking down Chief Wahoo. Or the Browns, or the Chiefs. I'm sure someone somewhere finds the term '49ers offensive.

Well yeah but even after the assassination of Osama bin Laden there is still an al-qaeda...

;)

Anyway if there's free shit or attention to be garnered I'll start the crusade against the Fighting Irish or the Boston Celtics!

:D

WSS

Did not venture into this section for this discussion, but WTF...

"Redskin" is a racial epithet.

The Patent & Trademark office did it's job and made the only decision it could under its lawful charge... just as it did years ago.

In the prior case the courts overturned the office's decision... not because there was fault with the decision's basis, but because the petitioners "lacked legal standing" to petition the revocation of the trademark.

Again this will go to the courts, but this time it will be upheld as the petitioners have standing.

I have no idea how one sees hypocrisy in any of this.

Posted Today, 04:24 PM

I think Woody likes English teabags. Diehard

In the Shakespearean sense. I think everybody

on the board at least suspects it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teabagging

so for all you guys, not necessarily you woody, you are so offended that someone might use a term that would be seen as an insult to Native Americans it seems you are more than willing to call everybody queer fag homo bitch, you name it, over on the Browns board. I'd say that's hypocritical.

furthermore I don't believe the washington redskins are meant as a slur but I'm positive but calling everyone to root for a player that you don't like a fag is a slur.

And yet absolutely no outrage.

WSS

so for all you guys, not necessarily you woody, you are so offended that someone might use a term that would be seen as an insult to Native Americans it seems you are more than willing to call everybody queer fag homo bitch, you name it, over on the Browns board. I'd say that's hypocritical.

furthermore I don't believe the washington redskins are meant as a slur but I'm positive but calling everyone to root for a player that you don't like a fag is a slur.

WSS

You say guys as if there are multiple people arguing in favor of changing the name. The only person who is arguing that is Tour.

Yes, they think nobody notices because, well, not many people do. This particular piece is from a website that is admittedly slanted to the right. However because a source is slanted does not mean the news reported is fake which many here seem to think.

WSS

I don't think anyone thinks that. If something gets posted from The Blaze or whatever, it probably isn't a straight up lie. Maybe the OP is acting like it is a factual report when it is just an opinion piece. Maybe it include half truths or whatever. There is a difference between those things and actually being fake.

WSS

Like I said before, didn't the Tea Party embrace the term teabagger for a little bit? Or at least some of them?

I don't agree with people calling others gay, queer, whatever. If I was gay I wouldn't want those terms to be thrown around in a negatively light. At the same time, some of those words are just having their meaning changing. Look at that SouthPark episode around the word fag. Some people growing up don't even equate that to a sexual preference, just something that is negative. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that is how it is used in some cases.

I am not offended personally as I'm not an American Indian but if you can't see why they might be offended I'd say you'd be pretty stupid.

If they DO change it a suitable name might be the Washington warriors. Literally nothing else would have to change.

Or maybe they could be the Washington rednecks. I do like the Washington rednecks logo.

Hella-Tight-Rednecks-Snapback4.jpg

Uh yeah.

Then wait until the attention whores start to cry that their people are being made to seem like a violent race. ....

WSS

If that happens, it happens. Native Americans are a very, very small minority in America. Any outrage they have over this logo will be hard to hear for the most part. I don't really care either way, but like Cysko, I can totally understand why they may not like it. If I had to pick a side I would probably say change it.

you don't? Well if you looked at the rest of the article you can see where the lefties at MSNBC who were too appalled to say the word Redskin had no problem using the word teabagger whitch is a synonym for faggot. So you're up for that?

see below...

Didn't some people in the Tea Party actively use the term teabagger for themselves anyway?

Yes, they did... that is where this new use of the term originated. And I am pretty sure the same cannot be said of "Redskins".

Well first, your link says nothing about teabagging "being a synonym for fag". Same is true for teabagger. So there's that...

Second, I defy you to find one example in over 3300 posts where I have written one of your above listed terms.

Third, in what west-side universe can my original post here be construed as "outrage". I simply stated the facts of the complaint and the ruling, something this thread was sorely in need of.

see below...

Yes, they did... that is where this new use of the term originated. And I am pretty sure the same cannot be said of "Redskins".

Well first, your link says nothing about teabagging "being a synonym for fag". Same is true for teabagger. So there's that...

Second, I defy you to find one example in over 3300 posts where I have written one of your above listed terms.

Third, in what west-side universe can my original post here be construed as "outrage". I simply stated the facts of the complaint and the ruling, something this thread was sorely in need of.

Facts? You're bringing facts in here? This is the politics forum gad dammit, that shit doesn't fly round here! ;)

Tour there are dozens if not hundreds of instances of one players fans being called queer or fag or wanting to suck his dick or whatever ridiculous horse shit you pick. Nope I've never seen one from you specifically but I'd be hard pressed to find the post from you telling everyone how offensive you found it.

Also I'd say that the bulk of the hand wringing and complaining has been from liberal whites. Not the Native American community.

Yes there are lots of things that offend a lot of people. So what?

And while the terms cracker or redneck or hillbilly don't particularly bother me even if they are said with hatred BUT I bet there are some people who are truly bothered by it.

(but fuck them if they don't vote Democrat)

I repeat if you reverse the races and the story sounds stupid, it is stupid.

WSS

And if for no other reason than being bothered by the federal government putting a stranglehold on everything we do or say imagine if a Republican president and administration decided to take action to fuck with the Blue Devils or the Demon Deacons since it was offensive to Christians?

WSS

Archived