THE BROWNS BOARD

Here Come The Suspensions....

miktoxic

Chris Carter stated that he doesn't think Gordon has "hit bottom" yet & won't respond to help until he does. Until Gordon decides to get help, it can't be forced upon him.

I also agree that when any substance affects your job, it's a BIG problem. Gordon needs to "man up".

Mike

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone already mentioned this "My bad", but, with the Arizona LB getting a year suspension, doesn't that set a precedent the league has to follow in Gordon's case?

Don't know the specifics of his college travails but at least he was able to pass all his whiz quizzes during camp and the regular season. who the fuck knows, maybe he plays better after a few kush one hits.

well hill got popped 3 times and was just cut by the giants. he only received six games. (which is crazy).

so that's one more failed test than gordon but i don't think he had the extra baggage (as in friends with baggage).

You are making excuses for the guy. I don't care what your views on pot are.....but it is crazy to say it isn't a major problem when your actions start causing you to lose employment.

How is that not a BIG problem? It's like you are telling me and others that robbing banks isn't a problem. Only the consequences of getting caught are the problem.

I don't think smoking weed is the worst thing in the world....unless you are in a job that doesn't allow it and tests for it....then it is a pretty big problem.

So you're saying it's a big problem?

Seriously, bp, we are only disagreeing on what "it" is.

As for me making excuses... no. I am neither making excuses nor jumping to conclusions. What I am doing is waiting for the remaining facts to come out.

Seems to me this is taking entirely too long.

I agree 1000%.

For information that was posted so long ago, the final decision should have been made by now. What has it been, a month?

I still think the length of time to make the decision bodes well, like there are extrenuating circumstances. My thought is that if it's offense number whatever, the book says that means a year. Why aren't they just going with what the book says and be done with it?

Plus, the longer it goes, the more legitimate the beef the Browns would have with the NFL for not making their mind up sooner. It deprives us of time to put a back up plan into place. Not that they would care or anything.

You are making excuses for the guy. I don't care what your views on pot are.....but it is crazy to say it isn't a major problem when your actions start causing you to lose employment.

How is that not a BIG problem? It's like you are telling me and others that robbing banks isn't a problem. Only the consequences of getting caught are the problem.

I don't think smoking weed is the worst thing in the world....unless you are in a job that doesn't allow it and tests for it....then it

is a pretty big problem.

Hey Peen. What's up?

It's amazing how many people are making excuses for Gordon. That's probably part of the reason he is still making the same mistakes over and over and over again. His athletic talent proably always convinced others to defend his poor decisions.

I personally don't care for marijuana. On the other hand, I don't think it is all that bad. If they want to legalize it........fine. However, the NFL says it is a banned substance. And when you have been kicked out of one university and failed another test at a second university and then failed 3-4 more tests in less than 2 years in the NFL, and then are pulled over for speeding w/marijuana in your car...............how can anyone say it is NOT a problem?

Oh, I know.............because he is a good player and we should just look the other way while he continually breaks the rules.

Pfffttttttt...........our society creates it's own monsters. Great example for our youth. It's okay to break the rules as long as you are athletic enough to help us win.

Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Peen. What's up?

It's amazing how many people are making excuses for Gordon. That's probably part of the reason he is still making the same mistakes over and over and over again. His athletic talent proably always convinced others to defend his poor decisions.

I personally don't care for marijuana. On the other hand, I don't think it is all that bad. If they want to legalize it........fine. However, the NFL says it is a banned substance. And when you have been kicked out of one university and failed another test at a second university and then failed 3-4 more tests in less than 2 years in the NFL, and then are pulled over for speeding w/marijuana in your car...............how can anyone say it is NOT a problem?

Oh, I know.............because he is a good player and we should just look the other way while he continually breaks the rules.

Pfffttttttt...........our society creates it's own monsters. Great example for our youth. It's okay to break the rules as long as you are athletic enough to help us win.

Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS!^^^

Hey Mike, how are things in Canton?

I live in SC now, but still own a home in Perry Twp. Had a recent surgery, but am hoping to drive back up to my beloved Buckeye state after Father's Day. We'll see. I heard Klinefelter retired. He was a great coach. The area looks a bit more depressed each year. We buy every-fucking-thing from China and neglect our own. Very upsetting.

Sorry for getting off track..............back to Gordon.

Dude

He had major surgery. He tries to be discreet about it because he doesn't like the attention or anyone to pity him and you are gonna say that.

Are you an internet gangsta or just that heartless?

Seriously maybe you didn't know or maybe you don't care.

Dude

He had major surgery. He tries to be discreet about it because he doesn't like the attention or anyone to pity him and you are gonna say that.

Are you an internet gangsta or just that heartless?

Seriously maybe you didn't know or maybe you don't care.

Fuck yo piano!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/11/mike-pettine-noticed-josh-gordon-doesnt-go-all-out/

Mike Pettine noticed Josh Gordon doesn’t go all-out
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 11, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Josh Gordon
AP
Wide receiver Josh Gordon is still practicing with the Browns while he awaits word on what could be a year-long suspension.
So it might be natural that he’s not practicing with the most urgency.
Browns coach Mike Pettine told 92.3 The Fan that Gordon didn’t always exert himself fully in practice.
“It is something we’ve talked about and from what I understand he’s made some improvement, but it is a work in progress,” Pettine said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I’m a big believer in quality of reps versus quantity of reps. If I’m a player and I know that I’m going to be out there for 40 full-speed team snaps I may have a tendency to pace myself.
“There still needs to be improvement there but we’re aware of it.”
Of course, there’s a chicken-egg quality there too. If Gordon cared enough about his craft to push himself fully, he might not continue to put himself in positions that lead to suspensions.
Pettine also admitted it was a bit frustrating getting ready for the season with the Gordon suspension hanging over their heads.
“There’s certainly a level of frustration because we’ve known the news for so long,” Pettine said. “It’s just a holding pattern and I understand that the league has a process that they have to go through and there’s other things that they’re dealing with and we respect that. But at the same time it is difficult because it really will affect our preparation for the season.”
Not having one of your best players tends to do that.

Interesting to me that he would say that to the media about Gordon. I would think that was something that would stay in the coach's office or locker room.

maybe a little motivating tactic? Or rookie coach naivety? After all, Pettine's certainly a straight shooter.

maybe a little motivating tactic? Or rookie coach naivety? After all, Pettine's certainly a straight shooter.

That'd be my guess... If he's already talked to Josh and has not seen the improvement he wants, then why not take it to the press?

Maybe Gordon figures that he can smoke weed and not go as hard in practice or in games all the time because of his playmaking ability.

He probably just gets bored at times and wants to chill, get high and enjoy the things that come with being a NFL football player.

I would imagine once he wakes up and realizes that those things will fade away if he isn't able to play, it will be too late to get the big money that some are fortunate enough to be paid.

The NFL looks the other way if you take performance enhancing steroids or coldcock your fiance in an elevator ... but smoking pot on your time off can wreck your career.

The Steelers can shoot up and rape, the Ravens can cover up murders and punch women ... But we get the most talented player this franchise has seen since the 60s ... and he cant play because he smokes pot.

Why do the football gods hate us so?

Z

Davone Bess got canned for mental health issues, posted pictures of his weed cigarettes on twitter/instagram, and still managed to not fail a drugs test.

And gordon still wasn't as smart as him.

Archived