THE BROWNS BOARD

Here Come The Suspensions....

miktoxic

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think it is funny that while lots of folks were getting their panties in a wad about qb going to las Vegas, the real problem actually occurred in Cleveland?

uh, way before the draft my friend.

and who btw on here got their panties in a wad?

why don't you send that question to espn or nfl network?

What the Fuck am I missing here? Fagot ass Big ben RAPES and only gets 4 fucking games. Roger G needs to fucking GO! So sick of this shit. Always fucking Cleveland any way they can.

I do recall us have a wide receiver who was drunk and run over and killed a man. his family was paid off and I think his suspension for a year without pay.

Personally I think the stuff should be legalized.. But until then, those are the rules and it's not like they were secret...

Respectable position on the subject.

he doesnt make enough money to party smart? in stead of smoking weed with a dude id be in limo with 2 girls drinkin and being ....legal!

the only way to do it when out on the town. make sure you're home by 12 cuz we all know nothing good happens after midnight at the clubs.

OR

you could invite the ladies back to your new million dollar home and not even involve driving or going out. hell you installed the audio/visual system, got the bar and the liquor is chillin. what else do you need?

so gordon is gonna lose millions and has free time to hang with his bros....good for him....see ya at walmart flash n the pan gordon

I get it, good double meaning! Like he was a flash in the pan, 1 year and done, and that's what a pan handler does, flasing the pan.

for real. i mean in 10 years when your football career is over, smoke all the weed you want, hell invest in a pot farm. just don't smoke weed while you're playing because you've got other players, a whole organization and thousands and thousands of fans you let down if you do.

Not to mention that with every game check missed due to suspension it becomes the world's most expensive weed...

they said the niners are going to go after the $5mil washington got paid in his extension (or contract whatever). wonder if the browns have any financial recourse with gordon.

Looks like $560k is all that was guaranteed for 2015.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/josh-gordon/

I'd actually go the other way and argue that if his behavior cost us a year of his service, the contract should be extended thru 2017.

What you all don't seem to realize that even if it were legal, the NFL could still ban it.

Could, but why would they?

... I see people on 480 going 80 in a 60, so no big deal.

My first thought as well... 480 is a fucking racetrack with potholes (no pun intended).

I think Banner was on to something. We should have traded (Gordon). He's nothing but a problem.

Sure... except for that proven NFL, all-pro talent, nothing at all...

Lotta knee-jerk bailing going on here.

Nothing I've read has said Josh even knew his passenger was carrying.

As for associating with "smokers", the odds are everyone on this board associates with at least one.

I'm willing to wait for the league's verdict.

But meanwhile I'd tab Chris Carter as a consultant for a little sit down with our guy.

Agree with our other fans- I'm on vacation, so got the news on one of my pals cell phones. Beyond Stuipid. We got Ricky Williams II guys. Just leave the team, move to Colorado, and get as high as you want to. You just blew a couple million (at least) Josh. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt- until now.

Maybe he did not know passenger had weed- His history of weed problems make me think he knew.

Tour- you said everyone on here prob hangs with someone smokes weed- 1 difference is i doubt if anyone on here is facing suspension like josh. Simple you think he would be careful of what hes doing knowing hes facing suspension.

Josh Gordon signed a 4 year / $5.34 million contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $2,324,836 signing bonus, $3,727,638 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $1,335,412.

•$3.7 million guaranteed (Signing Bonus + 2012-13 base + $380k of 2014 base)

•Signing Bonus: $2.324 million

•2014-15 Workout Bonus: $50,000

•2013 Suspension (2 Games/4 Games Pay)

•Guaranteed salary voided per suspensions

Can someone explain to me how you get pulled over for kinda speeding and then your friend gets possession? Unless they were smoking it or douche left it on the dashboard how'd a speeding ticket turn into that?

I read somewhere in one of the articles that the officer smelled mary jane when he approached the vehicle. At which time the passenger admitted to having weed. Now my bet would be that the weed belonged to Gordon and the passenger is a paid scapegoat to accept the blame whenever Gordon gets caught.

I read somewhere in one of the articles that the officer smelled mary jane when he approached the vehicle. At which time the passenger admitted to having weed. Now my bet would be that the weed belonged to Gordon and the passenger is a paid scapegoat to accept the blame whenever Gordon gets caught.

The story posted on nfl.com doesn't make it sound that way:

"According to the citation obtained by NFL Media, Gordon was clocked driving 74 mph in a 60 mph zone. The passenger in Gordon's Mercedes received a citation for possession of marijuana in an amount under 200 grams. The marijuana was found in a blue book bag with the passenger's identification in it."

Archived