THE BROWNS BOARD

Here Come The Suspensions....

miktoxic

well washington got a year for violating the league substance abuse policy by getting popped using weed. sorta like gordon where he has been suspended before.

hill just got 6 games (giants).

waiting on gordon.

would think it'd be any day now.

the league is getting a lot of flak publicly from the player's union pres. about the fairness of players suspensions and what has yet to be done with irsay in indy. don't think any pressure on the league can work favorably for gordon.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gordons was already annouced, just waiting on appeals process to finish.

No, league never announced anything.

They love having us twist in the wind, don't they?

Zombo

All you got to do is NOT smoke weed.....DONE.

for real. i mean in 10 years when your football career is over, smoke all the weed you want, hell invest in a pot farm. just don't smoke weed while you're playing because you've got other players, a whole organization and thousands and thousands of fans you let down if you do.

All you got to do is NOT smoke weed.....DONE.

Or be around people who do and try to claim secondhand exposure. That is a hopeless argument. Don't want a positive? Don't stick around.

well washington got a year for violating the league substance abuse policy by getting popped using weed. sorta like gordon where he has been suspended before.

hill just got 6 games (giants).

waiting on gordon.

would think it'd be any day now.

the league is getting a lot of flak publicly from the player's union pres. about the fairness of players suspensions and what has yet to be done with irsay in indy. don't think any pressure on the league can work favorably for gordon.

I think Washington's case was more severe in that involved domestic abuse.

SC, Mik, & Tex,

I agree with all of you & you all stated it very well.

Gordon put himself UNDER the microscope & should have avoided ANY possibility of reoccurence or further trouble.

Mike

At least he's keeping his nose clean and hanging with good influences:

http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2014/05/30/gordon-issued-speeding-ticket/9785915/

Already in trouble with the National Football League for a reported failed drug test, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon was issued a speeding ticket over the Memorial Day holiday weekend in Strongsville.
According to the citation, Gordon's 2014 grey Mercedes-Benz SUV was clocked going 74 miles an hour in a 60-mile-per-hour zone north of state route 82 on Interstate 71 North at 9:43 p.m. on Sunday, May 25.
Gordon is summoned to appear in court on Wednesday, June 4 to dispute the citation.
"We are gathering information regarding the situation," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said in a statement released by the team. "We will not have any further comment until the appropriate time."
In addition to his speeding ticket, Gordon's passenger was issued a citation for possession of marijuana in an amount under 200 grams during the traffic stop. The marijuana was found in a blue bag with identification, and Gordon's passenger admitted it was theirs on the scene.
Gordon is subject to an indefinite suspension for a failed drug test, according to reports that surfaced on ESPN's Outside The Lines on Friday, May 9.
Last season, Gordon missed the Browns' first two games because of a drug-related suspension, but came back with a vengeance and finished the year as the NFL's leader in receiving yards.
Despite playing with three different starting quarterbacks and missing those first two games, Gordon caught 87 passes for a team-record, and NFL-best, 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns. He led the league in receiving yards, yards-per-game (117.6), longest reception (95-yard touchdown against Jacksonville on Dec. 1), and longest touchdown catch.
The loss of Gordon would be a big blow for a player who had high hopes for himself in 2014.
"If not the same, hopefully better," Gordon said of his expectations for 2014 during mini-camp last month. "That's all I can expect to do, just build on what I've already done and wish for the best. It's a great offense, wide-receiver friendly. Receivers in this offense, they lead the league in receptions all the time, so I'm expecting big things.
"I think you can always top it. There's no peak to any potential or with what you've done before say, 'That's as much as you can do.' You can always build on top of that."
In 2013, Gordon set team records for receiving yards in a season, 100-yard receiving games in a season (seven), and had the best two-, three-, and four-game receiving yardage totals in NFL history.
"You're very glad he's wearing the same jersey," Browns coach Mike Pettine said after mini-camp. "He's a special player. I think he's a guy that can change the game, and defensively, you're always going to evaluate the wide outs and if this is a guy we have to double-team.
"He certainly put it on tape last year, and has shown more than a few flashes of it in these three days of that ability. I think that affects a defense. He could have a very low production game if teams are just rolling their coverage to him, but the affect that that has on the rest of the defense, (is) the benefit that you have offensively."
Gordon earned his first invitation to the Pro Bowl and All-Pro status following his second NFL season, which he said provided him with motivation to continue working hard during the offseason in order to build his name on the football field.
"Going to the Pro Bowl, being selected All-Pro, things like that just give you a lot more motivation to show you can go out there and do it again, build a career, build a resume and just accolades and good things not only individually, but hopefully, compile wins on top of that for the team," Gordon said.

And then there's this:

"Gordon Issued Speeding Ticket, Passenger Had Pot"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2081227-gordon-issued-speeding-ticket

Thats pretty unreal. I really hope this guy gets his stuff together. Going 74 in a 60 around Cleveland happens every minute of the day, so not to big a deal. Having weed in the car after you are about to get suspended, just dumb as hell. Gulity by being an ass.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2014/05/30/gordon-issued-speeding-ticket/9785915/

Gordon should be tested today and if he pops positive, he should be suspended for the year. What a goof.

Gordon should be tested today and if he pops positive, he should be suspended for the year. What a goof.

He hasn't, doesn't, and won't ever get it. One good year and done.......... Dumbass.

This is f*n ridiculous. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but seriously... why would you even put yourself in this kind of position? This will NOT help his appeal...

they said the niners are going to go after the $5mil washington got paid in his extension (or contract whatever). wonder if the browns have any financial recourse with gordon. i mean it seems like he doesn't care so if that's the case the FO should throw in the towel and look elsewhere.

He hasn't, doesn't, and won't ever get it. One good year and done.......... Dumbass.

I tend to agree with u. But idk, maybe a year without pay will snap him out of it. Especially since now he knows he can be an elite player. But ur probably right.

I tend to agree with u. But idk, maybe a year without pay will snap him out of it. Especially since now he knows he can be an elite player. But ur probably right.

If he had any common sense, he would not be driving with a guy that has weed on his persons. Let alone speeding with a guy that has weed. The speeding shit is nothing in this case, I see people on 480 going 80 in a 60, so no big deal. Man I was having a good friday until I read this shit, I was having his back, not now.

I think it's interesting they haven't announced his fate yet since they've announced others. Are there other players in similar situations they have yet to announce, or is he the last? If he's the last l take that as a good sign, like they're thinking long and hard about it.

He is Cris Carter 2.0. Someone else will sign him and he will turn his life around. He will go on to have a HOF career and CLE gets fucked. Typical

my thoughts exactly. if farmer and co. are tired of the BS and cut him, a year from now someone will get him and by then of course, he will have learned his lesson, from afar.

what a dick.

Archived