THE BROWNS BOARD

OSU/USC under the lights

ballpeen

Buckeyes to play USC Trojans in night game this fall

CantonRep.com staff report

Posted Feb 06, 2009

COLUMBUS —

The Ohio State University football team will go under the lights this fall at Ohio Stadium.

The Buckeyes game against the University of Southern California will kick off at 8 p.m. on Sept. 12, and it will be broadcast nationally on ESPN.

The game time was announced today by Eugene Smith, Ohio State associate vice president-director of athletics

“We want to thank ABC/ESPN for making this announcement early so Buckeye fans can plan their schedules for this exciting matchup,” Smith said.

Ohio State is 6-2 in night games at Ohio Stadium and 32-15 overall when games kickoff after 5 p.m. Columbus time.

The Buckeyes last played a night contest at Ohio Stadium Oct. 25, 2008, a 13-6 loss to No. 3 Penn State.

Here is a list of night games played at Ohio Stadium:

2008: vs. Penn State, L 13-6; 2005: vs. Texas, L 25-22; 2003: vs. Washington, W 28-9; 2001: vs. Northwestern, W 38-20; 1999: vs. UCLA, W 42-20; 1997: vs. Wyoming, W 24-10; 1993: vs. Washington, W 21-12; 1985: vs. Pittsburgh, W 10-7.

Guest ATENEARS

Tressel hates the night games. Most of OSU's night games have been opponents purposely scheduling it to take them out of their element, and OSU being forced to accept (By Big ten Network, etc..).

I'm surprised to hear this ... don't see the Buckeyes being ready again this year that early.

• 1 month later...
Tressel hates the night games. Most of OSU's night games have been opponents purposely scheduling it to take them out of their element, and OSU being forced to accept (By Big ten Network, etc..).

I'm surprised to hear this ... don't see the Buckeyes being ready again this year that early.

My favorite was the year Iowa was ranked #1 and came to Columbus for a nationally televised night game and the Buckeyes spanked them

Archived