THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 2nd Round Pick

Base_D_Fence

Guest Aloysius

From a Mike Mayock conference call:

--- About Iowa running back Shonn Greene: " He's got to win the interview (at the combine). I'm really not concerned with him on the field, but there are a bunch of off-field issues he has to deal with. I think he'll be fortunate to slip into the second round - I have five running backs rated ahead of him.''

Does anyone really think that Shonn Greene will be available in the 2nd round? Will Pissburgh go after a LT or a RB on their 1st pick? they need both

I'm positive Greene will be there in Rd. 2. To me, he's, at best, the4th best RB behind Wells, Moreno and McCoy.

PIT took Rashard Mendenhall in the 1st last year, so I doubt they'd take another 1st round RB.

and the Lions may take him with there 20th pick in the 1st.

They have Kevin Smith, who is probably their third-most valuable player behind Calvin Johnson and Ernie Sims, and have many many other holes to fill.

I'm positive Greene will be there in Rd. 2. To me, he's, at best, the4th best RB behind Wells, Moreno and McCoy.

PIT took Rashard Mendenhall in the 1st last year, so I doubt they'd take another 1st round RB.

They have Kevin Smith, who is probably their third-most valuable player behind Calvin Johnson and Ernie Sims, and have many many other holes to fill.

Mendenhall was a flop/Bust! and the steelers have Moore and a banged up Parker. And Kevin Smith came close but was still shy of achieving 1,000 yards.

Mendenhall was a flop/Bust! and the steelers have Moore and a banged up Parker. And Kevin Smith came close but was still shy of achieving 1,000 yards.

mendenhall neither flopped nor busted. he got injured and missed the better part of the season. parker's hurt every year, but always comes back and plays well. he's 28, which means he has at least one good year left, and they have much larger holes to fill on both lines.

kevin smith came close to 1,000 (976, 4.1 YPC) yards on the only winless team in NFL history. he'll be fine as an NFL RB. they've also got far larger worries, like pretty much every other position on the team.

mz the pussy. is completely correct on this one.

Does anyone really think that Shonn Greene will be available in the 2nd round? Will Pissburgh go after a LT or a RB on their 1st pick? they need both

and the Lions may take him with there 20th pick in the 1st.

Pittsburgh usually takes the best player available and it may very well be a OL. The best center in the draft might still be there. Also, the lions don't have to take Green at #20 when they have #33 also. If they want a RB at #20 Wells just may be there, but they have more needs then we do so anything is possible.

Archived