THE BROWNS BOARD

Finally back in town from the Super Bowl.

Squintz

Got more high-fives than jeers suprisingly...

BrownsatSBowl-1.jpg

Overall, it was a heluva lot of fun. Tampa is a great place to have a Bowl.

Damn Cardinals gave it away, though. <_<

Welcome back...

You haven't missed much around here: None of the Steeler fans have stopped by to even say "hi", except for Rich, and he has apologized for his ways and wants to rejoin the flock.

Oh ... and Lumbergh disowned DA and became a Quinn Fag, while Westside Steve thinks Obama is doing a great job.

Zombo

--love the shirt

Speaking of obama - it friggin' amazed me with the number of obama tents hocking crap with his image on it. All over the place. There would be 4-5 tents with football/super bowl stuff and then they'd pop in an obama tent. Mugs, shirts, rugs, hats - anything you want with obama on it. You could even buy those picture pins that the football mom's wear right outside the gate, only the picture was obama holding up his steeler jersey that the rooney's gave him.

It was almost scary seeing first hand how commercialized this country has become - even with it's highest office....

Then I came home to see the snippet of his wife introducing him as 'my babies daddy'....unbelieveable.

That is the most beautiful sight these tired old eyes have ever seen.

My first browns shirt at a super bowl.

I can remember as a kid... my buddies dad was a big fan. He took Joey (his son) and I to several games. Sat in the dawg pound.

It's a little fuzzy, but his buddies, for his birthday one year gave him a box or something with slots in it like one of those donation boards you see at a checkout line where you can stick quartes in the little pockets.... they said it was to start his super bowl fund so he would be able to go when the browns went. That was back in the late 80's. I think it's turned in to a retirement fund now! :lol:

Speaking of obama - it friggin' amazed me with the number of obama tents hocking crap with his image on it. All over the place. There would be 4-5 tents with football/super bowl stuff and then they'd pop in an obama tent. Mugs, shirts, rugs, hats - anything you want with obama on it. You could even buy those picture pins that the football mom's wear right outside the gate, only the picture was obama holding up his steeler jersey that the rooney's gave him.

It was almost scary seeing first hand how commercialized this country has become - even with it's highest office....

Then I came home to see the snippet of his wife introducing him as 'my babies daddy'....unbelieveable.

My babies daddy???? Good God that is pathetic; what is next? Yo Yo here cumz the Prez..Yo Yo

I posted this a little bit ago, but this is how I got tickets:

"I manage across this region and we have tickets to mainly entertain customers and grow business relationships.

We have Browns, Tribe, Cavs, Buckeyes, Penguins, Pirates, steelers, Lions and pistons. The bad part is I sometimes have to go to some games in enemy territory (although I let my reps handle those most times). The GOOD part (aside from getting great tix to all Cleveland games) is that having the steeler tickets allowed us to enter into a super bowl lottery for their season ticket holders.

What the NFL does is allots each home team with a set amount of tickets to distribute to season ticket holders. If you want in the lotto, you have to buck up the face value (currently $800, ugh) for each seat you HOPE to win in the lottery. If you win, the tickets are sent to you. If not, the money is either refunded or you can put it toward next years season tickets.

Anyway, we won the lottery and a rep of mine and I are taking down some customers to Tampa. Good stuff - not exactly the team that I'd want to see in the bowl, but an all-expenses paid trip to the bowl is OUTSTANDING!

Another good part is two of the customers we're taking down are also Browns fans, so hopefully they'll represent as well!"

The other browns fans with me just wore regular clothes (no black, though) - but there was actually one other guy inside the stadium that out-did me. He was walking around in a Jim Brown jersey with an orange shirt underneath and an orange browns hat. I had brought an orange fleece, but it was too warm. Good stuff!

Archived