THE BROWNS BOARD

OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)

darubes

this is exactly correct. too bad that people that haven't watched the browns for the last fucking 20 years just stroll in and act like hoyer is just a bum that can be rolled over because he was a backup QB. well hasn't thigpen been a backup QB too and JF too?

the only reason MOST people around here like hoyer is because before he fucked up his knee there was an excitement in cleveland. not because he is a native clevelander, but because he won, 3 in a row. which has been unheard of in recent years. there was an actual glimmer of hope. maybe we're expecting to see that for 16 games if he is the starter.

for all you queefs that think cleveland is a laughingstock i say "SEE YA!" a true cleveland fan does not talk shit about the team or the city. go root for the fucking panthers, i heard they have a great blow boy QB there.

and to all you johnny fans. yeah he might be the starter this year, when i don't know and i don't fucking care. this is all you really have to do with yourselves is come to the browns board (which i'm sure you never sniffed before JF got drafted) and cry, bitch, whine and promote your gay love affair for this kid? it's fucking sickening. if you were true football fans rooting for the browns it wouldn't matter to you who starts as long as the browns won.

go root for the cowboys and chime in back here when JF has a 3 TD day. until then STFU.

He won 2 games, you fuckstick.

It's not shit talking if it's true. You might live in ignorant bliss, where Cleveland is the center of the world and you aren't old and tubby, but that doesn't make it true.

You tell someone you're a Browns fan, you get three responses: "I'm sorry", "Are you from Cleveland?", or "Why?".

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I should clarify. There are two parts of the mental game.

1. The Billy Beene / Lenny Dykstra side.

You can overthink things. Sometimes a f it, I'll stick em is better than over analyzing.

IMO johnny is unmatched in this because he doesn't shit the bed in big moments. In a playoff game right now, I give the mental advantage to Manziel. And it's not even close. Everyone wanted Manziel to fail in BAMA II. Even auburn alums ( like Barkley). Johnny gained more yards than anyone has ever gained on Alabama. That's big state production. HUUUUUUGE part of the mental game. Hoyer is untested. Johnny isn't.

While Billy Beane may at long last have his winner, you do realize that things did not work out all that well for Lenny... right?

And now yards = "mental game"? A post ago it was yards = "experience".

Funny thing is that when you apply the transitive property of equality it actually turns out to be correct...

So if JM succeeds as you say he did in BAMA II, then the hell with the team? I ask because as I remember A&M lost rather handily, i.e., the game was not as close as the score.

Oh you self righteous "holier than thou" Ivory Tower schmuck.

We all have a difference of opinion but to act like your oh so higher than everyone...

who didn't smack the fuck out of you as a young man?

Are you the guy with the "My kid kicked the shit out of your honor student" bumper sticker?

Seriously Walter, read some of your own posts with an open mind and gain an ounce of self-awareness.

Choco, it's easy to win an argument by restating someone's words into something different. I asked for someone to make the Hoyer case. Apparently That isn't possible.

Yes, college is different but it's not golf to boxing either.

4-4 last year. Ok. And he was a Heisman finalist and gained more yards in the sec than anyone else not named Manziel. Leave out the 109th ranked defense part though.

But Hoyer!!!! 1,000 less yards in 9 years than Manziel in 2.

That's twice as much college time ( not in the SEC) and 5 year Cushing in the NFL.

This is dumb. There is no case for hoyer. Make it if I'm wrong, try not to cliche me to death on unmeasurables.

My reply with my (and your) case for Hoyer should be a post or two above this one. Let me know what you think...

Meanwhile here's a fun fact! Teams playing from behind (as one with a 109th ranked defense did) set their QB up for a lot of stat padding... you know garbage time type stuff when opposing D lets the underneath stuff go.

By "unmeasurables" do you mean like your faith in JM's playoff prowess?

Being better than Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell does not make someone a starting NFL QB. If that were the case, we'd all be starting NFL QB's.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how he became a starting NFL qb..... I really don't see what's so wrong with making sure JF is ready to be the starter as opposed to making him the starter before he's ready. If he's ready to be the man come week one, by all means let him start wreckin the league. Either way I'm gonna be cheering on my Browns.

Lol....the one bringing out spelling smack (cause she has no football acumen) can't even get the cliché right....

You couldn't care less....you fucking moron.

To wtl....typical honk blames others. He put up 42 on alamba while his D gave up 49. I guess that's a poor defense as well....?....

If your argument is total yards, it doesn't deserve my time. As I've said, I'm not honking for anyone....unlike your myopic ass. The case is simply experience. Johnny has none...Nada, zilch. College stats are irrelevant. That's not an arguement. Its a crutch for those that can't accept that johnny isn't a complete player.

Mitigate the difference between college and pros all you want....what matters is wins. And johnny was OK in that department. He got a bowl game against football powerhouse duke.

OK then.....if johnny couldn't do it all himself....in college, due to a poor defense....by you own words.....which he can't be held accountable..... then just how are you arguing that he's gonna be the man in the NFL? He's Johnny fucking football right? He doesn't need anyone!

Oh....already setting yourself up for excuses when/if he struggles.....got it.

I can also massage stats to paint a picture....only one stat matters....wins. seems to me even college DCs figured him out in year 2.....cause heisman "finalist" had a tougher time winning in year 2. Oh yeah....he lost out to another freshman.....that actually won the big game.

So....tell ya what....I'll give you the case for hoyer, or even thigpen, after you convince me an undersize pipsqueak rookie what never played under center or had a playbook or read a defense or constantly lobs floaters off his back foot is going to tear it up against players that aren't bagging groceries next year. The sensationalist propaganda isn't gonna cut it.

LMAO , you're an IDIOT. I couldn't stop laughing after I read " DC coordinators figured him out" fucking hilarious .

I'm with Trader Ray Farmer.

Hoyer, of course, is a much better qb than Manziel.

There is a lot to learn. The best way to ruin a young qb's confidence,

is by throwing him to the wolves in a new system his rookie year.

Unless you happen to have superior talent around him, it's not a good idea.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/21/ray-farmer-hoyer-is-better-than-manziel-by-a-substantial-margin/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/21/ray-farmer-hoyer-is-better-than-manziel-by-a-substantial-margin/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

There's a lot of people who are oblivious to this, even though we've already seen the same movie (fail) a few times

The Cleveland Browns just drafted the funnest and most exciting in the history of College Football and these bitter old men, with their jaded shitty attItudes who are so used to losing try killing the mood and high. They're so institutionalized by arguing and losing they want to bring down anything happy or fun that resembles change. They are Randy Quaid in movie Major League 2.

FACT = MISERY LOVES COMPANY

Quit projecting your constant BABY attitude out on your fellow Browns fans. Sorry that happy successful people don't share the same burden of doubt 24/7 that you do, sorry I actually have genuine optimism for once.

JOHNNY FUCKING FOOTBALL is a Cleveland Brown just like Hoyer and there is not a damn thing you can do about it except get behind him.

Walter, us old guys know you worship daily at your Johnny Football shrine, but please realize we are behind JF- we just would like to see him do it in an actual NFL game first before we get on the wagon. Really- some of you guys act like it's a shame they already haven't renamed Alfred Lerner Way Manziel Drive. FWIW, I grew up over 40 years ago, and I can tell you for sure- it isn't us with the baby attitude- go look in a mirror if you want a clue. Optimism is great- but respecting the other guys opinion is better. Wonder why we're taking a wait & see attitude? FYI, so did the Texans, Jags, Raiders, Bucs, Vikings Cowboys, and Cardinals.

browns-qbs.jpg

I've said before- I have a Couch jersey- all I have to do is change the nameplate and Voila!!! It's back in style. I'm not doing it until Manziel wins a playoff game though.

Choco, it's easy to win an argument by restating someone's words into something different. I asked for someone to make the Hoyer case.

Apparently That isn't possible.

Yes, college is different but it's not golf to boxing either.

4-4 last year. Ok. And he was a Heisman finalist and gained more yards in the sec than anyone else not named Manziel. Leave out the 109th ranked defense part though.

But Hoyer!!!! 1,000 less yards in 9 years than Manziel in 2.

That's twice as much college time ( not in the SEC) and 5 year Cushing in the NFL.

This is dumb. There is no case for hoyer. Make it if I'm wrong, try not to cliche me to death on unmeasurables.

Nope the dumbest thing you could possibly say is equating college stats to pro stats. For all we know, Hoyer could be the next Scott Mitchell- or Kurt Warner. OTOH, you have no idea if JF will be the next Fran Tarkenton, Joe Namath- or Ryan Leaf. Know who else had a 70% completion rate in college, passed for a ton of yards, had a 155qbr, and is about the same size as JF? Colt McCoy. Excuse me if I'm not totally in awe of Manziel's college stats.

I'm with Trader Ray Farmer.

Hoyer, of course, is a much better qb than Manziel.

Unless you happen to have superior talent around him, it's not a good idea.

Cal, it's amazing how I can vehemently disagree with 95% of what you say in one place, and then agree with 95% of what you say here.

Bwahaha....oh yeah Walt....you sure laid it on me.....

This thread is awesome.

let's talk about johnny starting if he is able to move up the depth chart. It doesn't say much that he's currently behind 2 journeymen backups....lol.

How's your life compared to his?

Ya fucking nobody

And your life compared to his? My life is nothing compared to Nelson Mandela - doesn't mean I want him starting at QB.

Oh go fuck yourself. All your posts are full of venom, insults and just shitting on people. The fact you bold your comments proves you think too highly of your opinion. You also seem to be obsessed with talking about gay love...makes me wonder about you. Go Browns...and Cowboys!

HA! really?

the reason i bold my text is to stand out from the others, you know like in design??

dude i'm not full of venom and insults unless you are just plain stupid and unreasonable, which undoubtedly you are by your comments. i've never seen a whole mass of fans be so dense and one-sided as you all. this bullshit with you johnny boy fans is almost enough to say i wish the texans and cowboys would have picked him too. even though you make it so easy to want to root against the guy i'm willing to give him a chance. it'd be nice though if the gaggle of you johnny bitches would settle the fuck down between now and kickoff.

why do you find it necessary to be on here everyday defending him, promoting him and just plain fellating him? do you see any other threads started by the people that have been on here forever touting another player? you all look and sound like a bunch of girls on keith partridge's jock in the first row of a partridge family concert. (yeah, you might want to look that one up).

someone equated hoyer to tebow (which made me laugh) because you bunch of JF fags put the tebow fans to shame.

Awwww... is baby upset we drafted Manziel?

awww, is Baby boy upset Haslam/Farmer/Pettine drafted their future QB

awww baby boy...

is baby boy upset Manziel is literally ripping Cleveland a new asshole of awesome?

baby boy, are you upset Manziel has it better than you?

awww baby boy, are you okay?

Baby boy, did Manziel just get drafted to be our future QB and it makes you mad?

awww baby boy..

you are hilarious! a little crazy, but hilarious nonetheless.

Nelson Mandela was a fucking fraud.

OK, let's pick someone else to keep you from missing the point. Let's go with Andre the Giant instead. Andre the Giant made tons of money and probably slept with a load of women (which apparently is your barometer for success), but I still don't want him as the browns QB. Better?

I didn't villify him for not liking Manziel. I villified him for sounding like a pussy.

When 95% of your posts are passive-aggressive, sarcastic posts about a single player that you didn't want, you sound like a pussy. I didn't even want Manziel, but you don't see me being a butthurt bitch about it.

And that's the thing, Hoyer is some bum. With the way people are claiming that he's the bonafide starter and that Manziel or Thigpen have to unseat him (like it's a fucking huge challenge), you'd think Hoyer was an All-Pro world beater. He's not.

The dude is a career backup who just happened to have one very mediocre game and one decent game for us that resulted in wins. He has a career QB rating of 77.4, has thrown only one more TD than INT (7:6), and has played for just as many teams as he has started and completed an NFL game.

If he was from Buttfuck, Oregon, nobody would care this much about him. But, since he's from Cleveland, he just happens to be the fucking heir apparent.

The level of homerism, whether its centered around Manziel or Hoyer, is rampant around here.

I don't care who fucking wins the job, but don't claim that it's Hoyer's to lose or Manziel's to win. It's anybody's to win. There's a solid chance Hoyer doesn't even make the roster. If you were unbiased, you'd see that.

One of these 4 QB's has to go...why is it so crazy that it's the 30 year old with only four starts, a bad knee and less experience running the Pistol than the other three QB's?

People like Hoyer because he played well last year, looked like a leader and got the ball out quickly ... not because he's from Cleveland. He's also been been very dedicated and diligent in his off-season recovery. Is it wrong to like the guy?

I like Hoyer AND Manziel. A lot.

So I guess I have to take out my aggression on Bobby Thigpen (age check) or the other SEC "poor man's Manziel", Shaw.

Fuck those fuckers.

At least Hoyer had a job last year what was Yancey Thigpen (troll check) doing?

Zombo

Because it was tipped off Anthony Armstrong's hands...

Hmmm...very convenient omission....

I wonder why that is.....a "media" member spinning facts to suit his narrative....oh, how delicious lay surprising....

I expect Stretch Armstrong to be cut this morning.

Zombo

There is no case for hoyer.

Except for, he's the starting QB and Manziel needs to be beat him out.

He will ... in due time

Just relax and have a drink in the cafe.

We didn't draft Johnny to sit. You homos need to chill.

Zombo

--This thread is awesome

People like Hoyer because he played well last year, looked like a leader and got the ball out quickly ... not because he's from Cleveland. He's also been been very dedicated and diligent in his off-season recovery. Is it wrong to like the guy?

I like Hoyer AND Manziel. A lot.

So I guess I have to take out my aggression on Bobby Thigpen (age check) or the other SEC "poor man's Manziel", Shaw.

Fuck those fuckers.

At least Hoyer had a job last year what was Yancey Thigpen (troll check) doing?

Zombo

That's exactly the point, Zombo.

Hoyer didn't play well last year. He played okay. His stats were pedestrian against a bad defense and a then little better in a defensive geared game.

People are misremembering because Weeden and Campbell played so shittily. It's easy to he a breath of fresh air when the two guys you have to beat out have the mental acuity of a slow toddler.

Hoyer's stats are no better than Thigpen's. Hoyer (probably) gets the ball out just as quickly as the rest of this year's bunch. This year's crop of QB's are all on even footing in terms of athleticism and mobility.

The only thing Hoyer really has is that he "looked like a leader" for two games. That's a great quality, but it's certainly not something that will outright win a competition.

Thigpen was in Buffalo last year, so there's obviously something that Pettine liked in him.

That's exactly the point, Zombo.

Hoyer didn't play well last year. He played okay. His stats were pedestrian against a bad defense and a then little better in a defensive geared game.

People are misremembering because Weeden and Campbell played so shittily. It's easy to he a breath of fresh air when the two guys you have to beat out have the mental acuity of a slow toddler.

Hoyer's stats are no better than Thigpen's. Hoyer (probably) gets the ball out just as quickly as the rest of this year's bunch. This year's crop of QB's are all on even footing in terms of athleticism and mobility.

The only thing Hoyer really has is that he "looked like a leader" for two games. That's a great quality, but it's certainly not something that will outright win a competition.

Thigpen was in Buffalo last year, so there's obviously something that Pettine liked in him.

Hoyer did play well. I watched every play. I had no respect for him coming in, but he did well.

He will eventually give way to Johnny and he's a great guy to have around as a backup IMO, I would give him an extension if he comes back from this injury and plays well again.

Thigpen was one like 7 qbs that went through Buffalo last year ... he was backing up the backup to our former #3 who was starting. Don't think Pettine had much to do with it, his style fits the type of offense Shanny will run.

Zombo

Hoyer seemed to make the entire team play better. Not sure why. The whole offense seemed to click when he was in, and then go down the shitter when Weeden/Campbell played. Could have been they all just didn't feel something when those two started.

You said you are not full of insults, then right afterwards you insult me, lol. I think the Browns didn’t draft your pet QB so now you resent Manziel and get agitated by anyone who shows any exciting over the prospect of him starting. Not only that you have lumped every new member together. You assume and judge too much. You also are obsessed with man on man sex. It’s ok to come out of the closet. Sam has paved the way my friend.

BTW, bolding your comments has nothing to do with design. Has more to do with you being an attention whore. You need to have all the attention, hence why you are upset with all the new members distracting from all the attention you could be getting.

right dicko.

i told you the parameters for receiving insults from me and you just so happen to fall within them.

the only people here obsessed with man on man sex is you and 80% of the new 'browns' fans, which is all just butt wind because you/they are NOT browns fans. you already said you wished that the texans or the cowboys would have drafted manziel, so why are you here? we both know why. because you just can't let go of the JF love affair now that he is out of texas.

and if you were here before the draft you would know that i didn't even want the browns to draft a QB. so there goes your theory out theflippin window.

Here's a thought for the JF fanboys....if he is obviously "NFL ready" starting day one, then why did he not go #1 overall in the draft like Luck? Or like the Colts did, and ditched their previous season to draft him at #1? Or at least picked by Jags @ #3 instead of Bortles? Probably because no one sees him, at this point in time, as ready on day one.

I see Hoyer starting in Pittsburgh, and I hope he does well so JF can have more time to prepare rather than see him crash and burn being put out there too early. Seen that show enough already. I agree with everything Zombo said about JF. He was drafted in the 1st round to start eventually, when they feel he's ready. If he's ready on day one and shines...well then awesome that we got an immediate NFL ready QB without having to pick #1 or throw a season to get there.

If Hoyer is starting and doing great, with JF learning and knowing he's good enough to be starter someday and do great as well...what a fantastic QB situation to finally have in Cleveland.

If JF eventually beats out Hoyer but it's proven that Hoyer is still a capable QB...what a fantastic QB situation to finally have in Cleveland.

Put Thigpen's name in place anywhere above and ditto on the outcome. And then you even have a decent #3 QB somewhere in the mix as well? Must be nice.

They won't start JFF in Pittsburgh, you can bank on that. He would have a target painted on his back. He would be blitzed continuously. He needs time, preferably a whole season, but I doubt he will get it. At least a few games to learn the system and the speed of the NFL.

You sound like an insecure douchebag. Of course i am here because of Manziel. I have posted that a few times. It’s not some grand revelation you are having. Why do i have to stop being a fan of JFF? Because you and your bolded comments says i should? Fuck you.

LOL, the Browns didn’t need to draft a QB. You are some piece of work my in the closet friend.

WHAT BOLD TYPEFACE UPSETS YOU??

the reason i din't think the browns needed to draft a QB is just my opinion. next year there'll be another fagboy that everyone will get all lathered up about that'll be just as good if not better than your joyboy. i guarantee you if johnny comes in and lays an egg and everyone says he's a flop people will start bringing up the fact that we should have drafted a WR at 22. and wait for the threads about the QBs next year. i'll give it to week number 8 depending on whether or not this season is gone yet or not.

i'm hoping that whoever starts kicks ass. god forbid if the chosen one shits the bed it'll be just another name on the back of a jersey. the best thing about that is you and all your little marys will be gone like a fart in the wind.

Awwww... is baby upset we drafted Manziel?

awww, is Baby boy upset Haslam/Farmer/Pettine drafted their future QB

awww baby boy...

is baby boy upset Manziel is literally ripping Cleveland a new asshole of awesome?

baby boy, are you upset Manziel has it better than you?

awww baby boy, are you okay?

Baby boy, did Manziel just get drafted to be our future QB and it makes you mad?

awww baby boy..

Is that a Drake song?

Archived