THE BROWNS BOARD

OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)

darubes

jesus christ some of you 'guys' are amazing. i highlight the word guys because i think half of you are still in the closet.

the report says manziel is taking 3rd string snaps and hoyer looks good. so? WTF? not even training camp. it's a fucking bullshit workout session.

you REALLY are going to get all bent out of shape aren't you if JF doesn't start a game this year? so much for putting the team first you fugging faggots.

and as far as bridgewater is concerned. FUCK HIM! what is done is done if you don't like it become a fuggin viking fan. fuck thigpen too.

LMFAO!

Gotta love Mik.

Leave it to him to drop nuclear annihilation on a thread that pretty much went to shit in hurry....

Thanks Mik (and thats a genuine thanks)

B)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jesus christ some of you 'guys' are amazing. i highlight the word guys because i think half of you are still in the closet.

the report says manziel is taking 3rd string snaps and hoyer looks good. so? WTF? not even training camp. it's a fucking bullshit workout session.

you REALLY are going to get all bent out of shape aren't you if JF doesn't start a game this year? so much for putting the team first you fugging faggots.

and as far as bridgewater is concerned. FUCK HIM! what is done is done if you don't like it become a fuggin viking fan. fuck thigpen too.

That about sums it up...

Only smoke and spin cause you don't like the content.

Its the right answer....right now.

By all account, Lil john is a smart cat....he will eventually learn. Hoyer has a few years on him though, and that's what pettine is speaking to. No amount of johnny love changes the facts that he isn't adept at reading defenses yet, or that he never had a play book till now.

He is better served to learn the tools that will enable him to succeed. While you think he's a god and will pick up all that info in a couple months, reality dictates it will take a bit longer. If you truly want him to succeed, calm the fuck down. You're preconceived notions of draft slot dictating starter status are purely the result of your fandom....not reality.

Start him when he's ready.....but not before. I want a QB to finally pan out rather than playing him before he's ready. If you don't realize he has some things to learn, you're in for a long season.

You're going to make the JFF fan club suicidal.

:)

Weeden also looked great last year during OTA's, training camp, and preseason.

It's when he saw his first blitz that the wheels started to fall off.

That's why even should JF play great in August- caution is needed as to how "ready " he is.

Let's face it--the national media only wants to report controversy. They're dying for him to say something that they can

spin as disrespect towards Hoyer and show that yes, there is a QB controversy in Cleveland. Whenever ESPN does a

report on Cleveland, you can see the barely concealed smirk and the subtext that the Browns will find a way to fuck this up.

It won't change until we start putting some ass-whippin's on other teams.

Nope, it's because BSPN thinks the Browns aren't giving one of the biggest hyped players in history his (to their mind) proper respect.

I think it's pretty ridiculous how bad Manziel's haters want to see him fail. Obviously they have personal anger and envy issues.

FWIW, Hoyer has looked WAY better so far in OTA's according to the brass, he got a head start and is the starter at this point. Good.

Johnny still has to learn our playbook, the reads, get consistent, learn timing, and moving about the pocket.

But all these guys wanting to see him fail are fucking pathetic losers.

...I really do think Hoyer starts the season and he looks crisp as fuck according to people at the OTA's

He has a quick release and serious zip and if Brian Hoyer becomes the Browns starting QB and leads us to the promise land, you're looking at his biggest fan.

But these fucking BABIES wanting to see Manzie or any Browns players l fail have mental and jealousy issues.

I think you're being ridiculous Walter. There may be folks that want to see Manziel fail, but I can damn guarantee you there aren't any Browns fans on this board with that mindset. There certainly were people that questioned his ability to transition to the NFL pre draft- and it wasn't just me either- it was more than a couple of GMs. Don't forget a bunch of qb needy teams had the chance to draft JF, and said "no thanks". If you're a Browns fan and want to see a first round pick flop, turn in your fan card, and get out of here.

Sounds like you don't know how to handle dissent, Walter. I've seen maybe 3 people across 4 boards vehemently despise johnny. You're hyperbole is just sad, cause it suggests you're not paying attention to reality.

But that what kids do nowadays....live life in a bubble.

^+1 The Browns are handling Manziel Mania quite well, IMHO- too bad BSPN doesn't like it.

I'm really curious. Exactly how do you know this when he hasn't taken a single snap in an NFL game? Remember some of these guys?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/photos/7001/nfl-draft-quarterbacks-first-round-busts/1/

But dude, they weren't Johnny Mother F-------ing Football.

AMEN!

Jags have already declared they are sitting Bortles this year to learn. Browns are saying this is a QB starter competition. Patience young Padawans. Don't throw your Johnny Hero to the fire already. Give the kid a break and if he's all that, he'll come into his own.

The problem is that the media and fans of Cleveland can only think "NOW", and previous ownership and front offices were just a figurehead bowing to the rantings of the media and fans.

You are giving too much credit... evidence of "thinking" is sorely lacking.

According to ESPN the current organization will bow to fan pressure... laughable.

Ray Farmer: Hoyer is better than Manziel “by a substantial margin”
Posted by Mike Florio on May 21, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
Manziel
AP
The humbling of Johnny Football continues.
From telling him he’s a backup to reminding him he’s not in Hollywood to putting him at No. 3 on the depth chart for OTAs, the Browns have been trying to ensure that Johnny Manziel doesn’t realize that from the moment he was drafted he instantly became the most powerful man in Cleveland. G.M. Ray Farmer took it to a new level on Tuesday, explaining that, as of right now, the gap between Brian Hoyer and Manziel isn’t close.
Via Dustin Fox of 92.3 The Fan, Farmer said on Bull & Fox that Hoyer is the better quarterback “by a substantial margin.”
This doesn’t mean Manziel, who 13 days ago wasn’t even a member of the organization, can’t close the gap. But it shows that the Browns fully intend to park Manziel at the bottom and make him work his way to the top.
Or at least to create the impression that he actually did work his way up from the bottom, even if he never really was as low as the team is making it out to be.

Look at the bright side...

We built QB depth this year. We got the backup QB of the future.

Posted this on the JF tread. This morning in a live interview Pettine said he, "Will not let T-shirt sales determine who the starting QB is." or at least words close enough to that effect.

I may be a JF fan but I am also a Pettine fan and I like how he is handling this as a HC. He made it clear he starts the best player on opening day and that we are light years from that decision. He also made it clear he was fully aware JF was thinking through the playbook during the first OTA and he expected the inconsistency. He also made it clear he saw enough of the flash to realize that once JF had it as second nature, we would see a real talented player emerge.

Posted this on the JF tread. This morning in a live interview Pettine said he, "Will not let T-shirt sales determine who the starting QB is." or at least words close enough to that effect.

I may be a JF fan but I am also a Pettine fan and I like how he is handling this as a HC. He made it clear he starts the best player on opening day and that we are light years from that decision. He also made it clear he was fully aware JF was thinking through the playbook during the first OTA and he expected the inconsistency. He also made it clear he saw enough of the flash to realize that once JF had it as second nature, we would see a real talented player emerge.

Clearly you are not enough of a JM fan and therefore must hate him...

You are being waaaay too reasonable... ;)

"Way too reasonable" - Tell my wife please

And something I stole from the texags website

"You Manzeil supporters need to realize that running around everyone won't work at this level. He has lost the job because he's not the best quarterback, not because the coach is stupid. Just admit it, he's not at Tivy anymore, and Showers is going to be the quarterback.

-Media, Summer 2012 "

And after the Heisman Year Showers transferred to Texas El Paso.

Fuck Hoyer. Dude is a 30 year old with shit stats and a handful of starts

Oh, he's from Cleveland? Must be great.

Guy sucks a bag of dicks.

walter? is that you?

Dude, you're sounding like a real pussy lately.

You bitching about Manziel is almost enough for me to become a JF homerboy.

well i guess you'd have to make room somewhere on your tyler thigpen stroke-it shrine for the manziel bobble head. then you can have your uncles NEIL and BOB over to check it out.

I heard Whiter is not only playing like a beast but being that team leader we were lacking with Ward and Jackson. He is helping not only the young DB's but the linebackers and D Linemen too.

I am PUMPED.

i'm telling you are secondary is gonna crack some skulls this season. whitner was a huge FA pickup. pass on some championship work ethics and intensity.

And something I stole from the texags website

"You Manzeil supporters need to realize that running around everyone won't work at this level. He has lost the job because he's not the best quarterback, not because the coach is stupid. Just admit it, he's not at Tivy anymore, and Showers is going to be the quarterback.

-Media, Summer 2012 "[/size]

Must be major "media"... especially since it misspelled JM's name. SuperMarket Shopper Monthly perhaps?

I heard Whiter is not only playing like a beast but being that team leader we were lacking with Ward and Jackson. He is helping not only the young DB's but the linebackers and D Linemen too.

I am PUMPED.

Are players allowed to "play like beasts" in OTAs?

walter? is that you?

well i guess you'd have to make room somewhere on your tyler thigpen stroke-it shrine for the manziel bobble head. then you can have your uncles NEIL and BOB over to check it out.

My shrine is devoted to starting the quarterback who gives us the best chance to win.

Not blowing a quarterback because he's from

Cleveland, or because he's colleges best QB, or because he's from Coastal.

Shanahan is expected to run heavily out of the Pistol formation. Thigpen's experience, both in college and in the NFL, is from the pistol.

My evaluations are based off the personnel and scheme fit, not off where a guy was born.

Thigpen fits the scheme better and he just so happens to have more NFL experience than any other QB on the roster. He's also not coming off a rather devastating knee injury.

What exactly makes Hoyer the guaranteed starter? His mediocre performance against the leagues worst passing defense? His mediocre performance against a defense missing 3 of their 4 defensive backfield starters?

Don't try to act better than the JF fanboys when you're equally as guilty of worshipping Hoyer for no reason other than he's from Cleveland. The wins in Minnesota and Cincy were nice, but it was hardly like Hoyer put them team on his back.

It's like Tour, Mike and I are the only ones who actually judge players based off how they can help the football team on the field.

My shrine is devoted to starting the quarterback who gives us the best chance to win.

Shanahan is expected to run heavily out of the Pistol formation. Thigpen's experience, both in college and in the NFL, is from the pistol.

My evaluations are based off the personnel and scheme fit, not off where a guy was born.

Thigpen fits the scheme better and he just so happens to have more NFL experience than any other QB on the roster. He's also not coming off a rather devastating knee injury.

What exactly makes Hoyer the guaranteed starter? His mediocre performance against the leagues worst passing defense? His mediocre performance against a defense missing 3 of their 4 defensive backfield starters?

Don't try to act better than the JF fanboys when you're equally as guilty of worshipping Hoyer for no reason other than he's from Cleveland. The wins in Minnesota and Cincy were nice, but it was hardly like Hoyer put them team on his back.

It's like Tour, Mike and I are the only ones who actually judge players based off how they can help the football team on the field.

http://youtu.be/bkIquwUctwo

But dude, they weren't Johnny Mother F-------ing Football.

Standing in Shreveport in 2012. Surrounded by children, mothers and elderly. All well-to-do God Fearing Christian folk, cheering on the team but getting nervous. Then, on a 3rd and 20-30+, he breaks free, nobody touches him, 70+ yards to the end zone. As he is running and folks are holding their breath, with what seemed to be instinct, impulse, but feeling completely unconscious and involuntary, I shouted "That's Johnny Mother Fvcking Football!"

Did these proper folks, these families and Godly folk sneer? No sir, not a one. They cheered. The children, the parents, the gentiles, turn to this slightly embarrassed and intoxicated man, and cheer.

Johnny Mother Fvcing Football folks.

Standing in Shreveport in 2012. Surrounded by children, mothers and elderly. All well-to-do God Fearing Christian folk, cheering on the team but getting nervous. Then, on a 3rd and 20-30+, he breaks free, nobody touches him, 70+ yards to the end zone. As he is running and folks are holding their breath, with what seemed to be instinct, impulse, but feeling completely unconscious and involuntary, I shouted "That's Johnny Mother Fvcking Football!"

Did these proper folks, these families and Godly folk sneer? No sir, not a one. They cheered. The children, the parents, the gentiles, turn to this slightly embarrassed and intoxicated man, and cheer.

Johnny Mother Fvcing Football folks.

FYI, you don't have to obscure what you are saying here. It is OK to say "Johnny Mother Fucking Football".

bullshit. you just came on and villified someone for not liking manziel and you got butthurt when i dissed thigpen. so you DO NOT care who gives us the best chance to win. you are just another QB fagboy.

btw i'm not from cleveland so there is no loyalty there with me BUT between all the queefs lining up to scream for 'their' guy (thigpen, manziel, the guy from SC?) you'd think hoyer was just some bum.

don't be crying when the dude is the browns starting QB. i sure as hell won't be if he's not.

just fuggin win.

Must be major "media"... especially since it misspelled JM's name. SuperMarket Shopper Monthly perhaps?

Are players allowed to "play like beasts" in OTAs?

What happened to this board, people calling each other out and being bitches? Yes in his drills the writer who was THERE, said he looked like he is ready in that sense. It's called hyperbole, look it up.

bullshit. you just came on and villified someone for not liking manziel and you got butthurt when i dissed thigpen. so you DO NOT care who gives us the best chance to win. you are just another QB fagboy.

btw i'm not from cleveland so there is no loyalty there with me BUT between all the queefs lining up to scream for 'their' guy (thigpen, manziel, the guy from SC?) you'd think hoyer was just some bum.

don't be crying when the dude is the browns starting QB. i sure as hell won't be if he's not.

just fuggin win.

I didn't villify him for not liking Manziel. I villified him for sounding like a pussy.

When 95% of your posts are passive-aggressive, sarcastic posts about a single player that you didn't want, you sound like a pussy. I didn't even want Manziel, but you don't see me being a butthurt bitch about it.

And that's the thing, Hoyer is some bum. With the way people are claiming that he's the bonafide starter and that Manziel or Thigpen have to unseat him (like it's a fucking huge challenge), you'd think Hoyer was an All-Pro world beater. He's not.

The dude is a career backup who just happened to have one very mediocre game and one decent game for us that resulted in wins. He has a career QB rating of 77.4, has thrown only one more TD than INT (7:6), and has played for just as many teams as he has started and completed an NFL game.

If he was from Buttfuck, Oregon, nobody would care this much about him. But, since he's from Cleveland, he just happens to be the fucking heir apparent.

The level of homerism, whether its centered around Manziel or Hoyer, is rampant around here.

I don't care who fucking wins the job, but don't claim that it's Hoyer's to lose or Manziel's to win. It's anybody's to win. There's a solid chance Hoyer doesn't even make the roster. If you were unbiased, you'd see that.

One of these 4 QB's has to go...why is it so crazy that it's the 30 year old with only four starts, a bad knee and less experience running the Pistol than the other three QB's?

Archived