THE BROWNS BOARD

Tranny Bulgehider didn't want to be a Brown

Zombo

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vikings fan here (I come in peace).

Maybe it's that you guys are so close to the comments, but you guys are way overreacting.

First of all, yes Manziel says he wants to be a Brown. He would have said that for any team he went to.

Secondly, I'm sure Bridgewater would have been just fine with being a Brown. This had more so to do with him wanting to be a Viking (because they showed the most interest).

Thirdly, as Browns fans you guys must realize. With the state of the Browns the last X amount of years, no prospect goes into the draft thinking, "I want to be a Brown!" They just don't. It's just like no one goes into the NBA draft thinking, "I hope the Wolves pick me!"

Acting like Bridgewater sucks because of these comments is silly. If the Browns picked him at 22, most of you would be 100% behind him.

Maybe it's that you guys are so close to the comments, but you guys are way overreacting.

First of all, yes Manziel says he wants to be a Brown. He would have said that for any team he went to.

Secondly, I'm sure Bridgewater would have been just fine with being a Brown. This had more so to do with him wanting to be a Viking (because they showed the most interest).

Thirdly, as Browns fans you guys must realize. With the state of the Browns the last X amount of years, no prospect goes into the draft thinking, "I want to be a Brown!" They just don't. It's just like no one goes into the NBA draft thinking, "I hope the Wolves pick me!"

Acting like Bridgewater sucks because of these comments is silly. If the Browns picked him at 22, most of you would be 100% behind him.

We never would have picked him.

We passed over him three times, was that not enough?

Browns 4 NFL Championships ... Vikings still ZERO

Zombo

Johnny Manziel will pour his heart and soul into the dogpound. He said that and I believe it. Teddy Twatwater never impressed me as a guy who would give of himself. I never wanted him and I'm glad he is not here. Fuck him.

This is pretty much what I said to a friend of mine right after the draft. He was one of the few that thought Bridgewater was the better choice.

I told him Bridgewater is just another guy. Talented, yes ... pick a franchise up by the bootstraps ... No.

Zombo

Hey I like the vikings. I hope he pans out for you guys. He was at tbe bottom of my list of interest as far as the qbs went before the draft and as far as overreacting? You don't hear manziel saying he didn't want to be a Viking anyway, do you? That's not how professionals act.

We never would have picked him.

We passed over him three times, was that not enough?

Browns 4 NFL Championships ... Vikings still ZERO

Zombo

And the Minnesota Gophers have 6 football national championships. Too bad people still would rather play for Oregon, Wisconsin, etc.

And the Minnesota Gophers have 6 football national championships. Too bad people still would rather play for Oregon, Wisconsin, etc.

So, everyone wants to play for the Vikings and you clearly got the better QB ... why are here again?

Zombo

Hey I like the vikings. I hope he pans out for you guys. He was at tbe bottom of my list of interest as far as the qbs went before the draft and as far as overreacting? You don't hear manziel saying he didn't want to be a Viking anyway, do you? That's not how professionals act.

I liked him more than any of the the QBs.

I think his comments reflect more that he wanted to go to Minnesota over Cleveland. Again, that is due to the interest that the Vikings showed and probably the fact that they have more talent on the offensive side.

I think both teams got exactly what they needed. Cleveland needs a homerun pick like Manziel could be (also could be the worst QB in the league). The Vikings don't need that as much with AP, Patterson, Jennings, and Rudolph on offense.

But we didnt pick him. We passed on him....3 times. So what we would have done if we had doesn't fucking matter....now does it.

You miss the point.....

I think you missed my point. It's all relative. Everyone today thinks, "What a great draft! That is the exact guy we needed in every spot!" The players think that as well when they get drafted (or at least say it publicly. "This is the exact team I wanted to go too! I'm happy to be in (insert any of the 32 cities)."

The reality is no one knows whether they got the right guy and no player knows if they are in a great situation.

Wow, you jump to conclusions very quickly without clearly completely reading what someone posts.

No, I just think you're an assbag that feels he has to protect "his" player, who is only your player because we passed on his skinny ass three times. He'll be fine. He won't be Johnny Manziel. 95% of this board had him rated as a second round pick, I personally wouldn't have taken him at #35 if we still needed a QB. I would have went up to 15 or higher for Manziel.

You bitches got beat by Hoyer last year ... so long road to hoe, good luck with that.

Zombo

Well I wasn't expecting a Vikings fan in the aftermath of the draft. Regardless of your reasoning for defending Bridgewater, it was a bush league move.

This is where all the anti-Manziel group should be thankful he's a little more versed in public relations then his draft counterparts.

As for the Viking fan, if you squander another prime year of AP's career, the state of Oklahoma very well may pass an embargo of Minnesota. You already dicked over Kevin Williams. Enough is enough.

No, I just think you're an assbag that feels he has to protect "his" player, who is only your player because we passed on his skinny ass three times. He'll be fine. He won't be Johnny Manziel. 95% of this board had him rated as a second round pick, I personally wouldn't have taken him at #35 if we still needed a QB. I would have went up to 15 or higher for Manziel.

You bitches got beat by Hoyer last year ... so long road to hoe, good luck with that.

Zombo

Usually, most administrators of forums are welcoming and friendly.

I have been nothing but civil and just discussing a topic. You have been anything but welcoming or friendly. You bring up championships out of nowhere (clinging to that since the Browns have been embarrassing for a long time?) and you start name calling in your third response. Well done. :rolleyes:

That's great that you and the board rated him that low. The reality is, you have no idea. And neither do I. I wouldn't have touched Manziel with any pick. I could be dead wrong. I never even started to compare the two players or say which is better before someone brought it up.

Well I wasn't expecting a Vikings fan in the aftermath of the draft. Regardless of your reasoning for defending Bridgewater, it was a bush league move.

This is where all the anti-Manziel group should be thankful he's a little more versed in public relations then his draft counterparts.

As for the Viking fan, if you squander another prime year of AP's career, the state of Oklahoma very well may pass an embargo of Minnesota. You already dicked over Kevin Williams. Enough is enough.

Miss Kevin Williams a bunch, but it was time to part. He was still good, but not much better than Floyd.

Your offense wasn't any better than ours, bud. In fact we beat you as a matter of fact. Not sure where you think your team needs less work. Plus ap will be getting old quickly here pretty soon. Running backs just don't age well. So there's that. I hope bridgewater doesn't suck but I might still bank on cassel.

The Vikings flat out have a better offense. The Browns defense is just a lot better. Vikings 14th in PPG. Browns 27th.

Bottom line: bridgewater saying he didn't want to play for a team, no matter which one, instead of just hyping his association with the Vikings, the decision to go negative rather than just stay positive rubs me the wrong way. Unprofessional move.

I can understand that.

Alright. I'll just delete me account. Clearly not wanted here.

Bullshit you come in peace. You're a coward who wants to hurl insults without having to face the backlash. For the record, I would have been depressed had we gotten Bridgewater. He was the least interesting QB in the draft to me. I would have easily taken Bortles and Carr before taking Bridgewater. I'm ecstatic that we got Johnny Manziel, but I have better things to do than pounding my chest about it on the Vikings forum.

Archived