THE BROWNS BOARD

Connor Shaw

i should really apologize for some of the rants i've spewed at some of the new JF fans. sometimes i take this way too personal and then i realize that this is just a fan forum. it's like road raging on someone and afterwards realizing hey it's just driving dude.

i do have to give props to some here. i think somewhere in some other lifetime you must have made some dude miserable as their wife or girlfriend cuz you really know how to push those buttons.

now off to meditate with the soothing sounds of burt bacharach and ingest many martinis.

breathe in, breathe out.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't surprise us. We know how good things are here.

I on the other hand was surprised when I visited Dallas a couple of times and found how boring and uninteresting it is. Surprising given its reputation.

Really....Dealey Plaza of course was interesting, but beyond that I found it a fairly sterile morass.

Maybe I missed something. Perhaps you can fill me in on what that is.

Dallas itself is pretty boring. There's Deep Ellum if you are into live music. There's the State Fair of Texas, but thats a once a year thing. The West End used to be kind of a happenin' place, but not so much anymore. I enjoy going to the Pocket Sandwich Theatre on Dallas.

Mesquite, to the east, has a mice rodeo arena. Theres also Devils Bowl Speedway, which is a 1/2 mile dirt track there.

To the west, you have Arlington which has 6 Flags Amusement park, their water park, The Ballpark in Arlington where the Rangers play, Jerry's World where the Cowterds play.

And then there's Billy Bob's and The Stockyards in Ft Worth, and Texas Motor Speedway.

But Dallas itself....eh.

Dallas itself is pretty boring. There's Deep Ellum if you are into live music.

Is that a venue? LIke a concert arena/nightclub?

There's the State Fair of Texas, but thats a once a year thing.

Isn't that when OU/UT play? Could be entertaining.

The West End used to be kind of a happenin' place, but not so much anymore. I enjoy going to the Pocket Sandwich Theatre on Dallas.

Is that a live theater with plays?

Mesquite, to the east, has a mice rodeo arena.

I would assume there would be a big rodeo somewhere there. Is that the place the guy from the Dallas Buyers Club competed?

Theres also Devils Bowl Speedway, which is a 1/2 mile dirt track there.

That would not interest me.

To the west, you have Arlington which has 6 Flags Amusement park, their water park, The Ballpark in Arlington where the Rangers play, Jerry's World where the Cowterds play.

Well, those are the basics that every major city has.

And then there's Billy Bob's and The Stockyards in Ft Worth, and Texas Motor Speedway.

I have been to Billy Bobs. Truly a big shitkicker palace. The Stockyard could be interesting.

But Dallas itself....eh.

Yea, it seems that way. Both Houston and SA seem to have more interesting attractions. Does anyone ever actually "vacation" in Dallas.

I guess Dallas does have the Southfork Ranch.

(Truly, I think Cleveland is a more attractive "vacation destination" than Dallas.

Some things:

It's pretty well established that I figured the "adapt his play to the NFL, not get broken in two" Manziel was too big

a chance for the Browns to draft him.

I was wrong. Being wrong is no big deal, a lot like every single person's mock draft picks. But Farmer and Pettine rock -

their philosophy is new, insightful, and shows a lot of perception about what has been for years, shallow drafts

of the past.

I'm with JF bigtime. I think Hoyer definately starts, but one day, JF will be ready, and will take the reins.

The only problem I have with the drafting of JF is that it makes my really old friend, Canton Mike, and others,

look like genuises. B)

I'm fine with Texas. It's way too big a state to categorize it as bad or good. Dallas is a nice place to visit,

McKinney is up and coming (N. of Dallas about 40 minutes)...but it takes about 3 days to drive 70 mph

across it without stopping. Yes, that's a joke.

I would NEVER live there. Way too hot, and the red ant hills, brown grass, and lack of water more and more

as more folks move there.... nah. My father-in-law lives in McKinney - his house was near was used to be called

"Tarantula Hill".

Now, about hostility on the board - some arrogant trouble making folks breeze in from time to time, and

raise hell for some reason. Hoorta, Zombo, others are great on the board, and do a solid job of moderating.

they know a ton about stuff - especially the Browns.

Back in the day, Rich and I went after each other for ..oh, maybe months. But not once, did we ever cheapshot the other in all our arguments. There are all sorts of ways to disagree on this board. What's up with the genuine hostility over being disagreed with? Hey, one of the worst epithets I ever laid on

Rich was, "you idiot, you're a lizard-lipped tuna head". His, to me, were just as dumb and harmless,

but more creative...

I've had people tell me that Rich and I arguing insanely was one of the most entertaining/funny things they

remember on the board.

Seems to me, that open hostility isn't entertainlng. And insisting on being the grand-poo-bah online alpha male isn't going

to fly much. This board is fun, or I wouldn't have bothered all these years. Good thing I type very fast, because

it's spring and there isn't much time.

Regarding Mr. Hoorta, seriously bashing him is like wearing a lavender dunce hat (ratbird reference) and sitting in the corner,

in time out. Ask yourself who the dummy is, eh?. Our mods do a great job, they are very fair and lenient to a fault...to a point.

I personally wouldn't have the patience.

Things Brownswise are really looking up from the same old, incompetent years of the past. Let it go, says I.

And on that, this is one of the few times I'm not wrong. :mad:

is that for Mike H or me?

Not you... but if you'd like to join in the hunt... feel free.

"You" was figurative, I wasn't calling out any one person in particular. In fact, my dad is one of those people who has flat out said he hopes Manziel fails to prove they made a bad draft choice. I'm just tired of reading the same garbage with people trying to stroke their ego.

Did not take it as calling me out "in particular". I'm just tired of people making baseless accusations because they have nothing more to contribute to a conversation. So I made my offer.

Deep Ellum is a neighborhood, for lack of a better term. Bars and music

The West End is an area...couple of blocks, that has some eateries and used to have some exhibits and such. Just a few blocks from Dealy Plaza. BTW, I assumed you went to the 6th Floor Museum when you said Dealy Plaza, but thats where Oswald was when Kennedy was shot. It's interesting.

Pocket Sandwich Theatre is a theatre on the edge of SMU. (Not in the West End) that does melodtamas. Lots of audience participation. They also have latenight shows with comedians. There are several more traditional theatres in Dallas.

One thing I forgot to mention was Dallas World Aquarium. Its an indoor zoo essentially. About the size of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Both Dallas and Ft Worth also have zoos.

Also, I had forgotten that W Bush's Presidential Library opened last year. I havent been, but understand it is very interesting.

I'm about 80 miles east of Dallas, so I dont think of it as a vacation place.

i know they have some but it's not at the top of the list when you think of ohio. whereas you think of texas you think of steak.

I think more TexMex...when it comes to food. They have a lot more TexMex places there than steak. It is outside of Texas that you think of the likes of Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn steakhouse.

The best steak I ever ate was, however, at a place called the Texas Club.....which was in New Mexico.

Deep Ellum is a neighborhood, for lack of a better term. Bars and music

The West End is an area...couple of blocks, that has some eateries and used to have some exhibits and such. Just a few blocks from Dealy Plaza. BTW, I assumed you went to the 6th Floor Museum when you said Dealy Plaza, but thats where Oswald was when Kennedy was shot. It's interesting.

Actually, when I was there the first time the museum wasn't open. The next time it was not on the agenda.

Pocket Sandwich Theatre is a theatre on the edge of SMU. (Not in the West End) that does melodtamas. Lots of audience participation. They also have latenight shows with comedians. There are several more traditional theatres in Dallas.

One thing I forgot to mention was Dallas World Aquarium. Its an indoor zoo essentially. About the size of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Both Dallas and Ft Worth also have zoos.

Also, I had forgotten that W Bush's Presidential Library opened last year. I havent been, but understand it is very interesting.

I have been to a few Presidential Libraries, FDR, Clinton. I was in Springfield Ill....and saw Lincoln's home/tomb....but didn't go into his library which looked awesome from outside. I have been to a home of at least half the Presidents.

I'm about 80 miles east of Dallas, so I dont think of it as a vacation place.

I think more TexMex...when it comes to food. They have a lot more TexMex places there than steak. It is outside of Texas that you think of the likes of Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn steakhouse.

The best steak I ever ate was, however, at a place called the Texas Club.....which was in New Mexico.

steak. rodeo (animal). get it?

BBQ and TexMex. Steak also, but I'd put it 3rd.

I've been to Lincoln's library, and it was very interesting. Been to LBJs but don't remember it much...I was a kid. Been to HW Bush's and it was good.

BBQ and TexMex. Steak also, but I'd put it 3rd.

I've been to Lincoln's library, and it was very interesting. Been to LBJs but don't remember it much...I was a kid. Been to HW Bush's and it was good.

That reminds me, I too have been to LBJ's, on the Univ. of Texas campus, right? I was also in front of Gerald Ford's but did not go in due to lack of time.

Best steak ever? Great question for a future "getting to know you" thread...

Not about you. I skimmed through the last 5 pages or so and saw one guy going of about secession and evil feminists and suff lol.

So I was wondering how other Texans felt. There are negative southern stereotypes, Texan stereotypes, etc.

I'd rather a JFF fan who will cheer for the Browns, than an old, pathetic group of bitches who will root against him (and the Browns in the process) just because they can't accept being wrong.

Some of you guys act like you're 13 years old, have actual convictions about your shitty media-fed football opinions, and are ego maniacs above all else, including Browns fans.

Fossils like Hoorta and Tour will lie, and claim neutral at times because they realize theye wrong, but they let the venom show plenty.

Mik is just an alcohol-fueled parrot of other people's bad opinions. Not as bad as the former guys, because he actually makes jokes when he's on a weekend bender. If you're going to devote so much time here, at least Mik is funny.

Gipper and Zombo are like the last two reasons to even come here (of the regulars, there are plenty of good casual posters who get drowned out by assholes). TCPO also fucks bitches with written words from time to time. He even knows football, which escapes plenty here.

But they aren't enough.

After vacation, I read through a lot of these posts and none are even worth a reply.. from a football standpoint, this place has gone completely to shit.

I think it's crazy how much time some people spend here, one of the worst collections of football dialogues I've ever read.

Be proud, because this place used to be fun until the dumbest voices became the loudest.

Good luck, go Browns.

Hahaha, from a paid Bleacher Report articles author. BR should be called the Bleacher Examiner. Many of their authors act like a bunch of bitchy little girls that think they have all the answers.

Hello from South Carolina. We get little news from Ohio here in S.C. Could someone please inform me as to the progress of Connor Shaw, the free agent QB from U.S.C. (the good USC :D.)

All we get is Manzieled to death here. it's almost like there are no other QB's in camp. I wish "Johnny Football" well, but would like to hear about the others also.

victor1244

Hello and thank you for the quick reply. I really liked Shaw in college and think he is a quality QB. Why he went undrafted is a mystery to me.

I think he can beat out Thigpen, (who I happen to like, also from S.C., Coastal Carolina U.)

Shaw can pass and he can run and he is a very tough, hard nosed player.

Thanks again, victor1244

Hello and thank you for the quick reply. I really liked Shaw in college and think he is a quality QB. Why he went undrafted is a mystery to me.

I think he can beat out Thigpen, (who I happen to like, also from S.C., Coastal Carolina U.)

Shaw can pass and he can run and he is a very tough, hard nosed player.

Thanks again, victor1244

He has a weak arm.

I think Shaw was taken by us just basically as a 'Manziel Lite' - so if Hoyer and Manziel both get injured the third string QB can run the same system without much modification.

Hello SouthernFriedDawg. I'm hoping Conner Shaw does well and makes the team. I agree with you and I think he is a very good player. All of the attributes that you cited should serve him well in the future.

The best to a former Gamecock and current Brown.

victor1244

A knee sprain is not a black mark against anyone.

Secede: to withdraw formally from an alliance, federation, or association, as from a political union.

Lunch Pail.

Archived