THE BROWNS BOARD

New Browns Fans Introduce Yourselves

H-Town Brown

Heck no. He must have been a big wig. That's EXPENSIVE property out that way.

Not really. He was a retired HS principal. Being on the lake I am sure enhances the value. You can have it for about 340K.

Shall we write up an offer sheet?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to disagree with that..

First off geopolitically, North central Florida IS what would be considered "The South".. The rest football wise and trust me I've traveled this state extensively for long time is, far more CFA interested than the NFL.. Jax is a mix of Gator/Dawg fans.They don't particularly give a RAT'S ASS about the Jags....The panhandle is all FSU with a smattering of Buc fans and some Saints fans as you work your way west.. Auburn and Ala come into play strongly as well the further west in the panhandle you get....

I'm going to say Florida is a far more CFA focused state than the NFL ..That's not to say we don't give a shit about the NFL But between FSU,UF, UCF, USF, the Hurricanes,, FAM, and how badly the state's NFL teams have performed as of late I can easily say that college football is king in this state.. Shoot, we still have a fairly strong contingient of Buckeye fans here on the SW coast despite what turncoat (OH I can't take the pressure) Meyer has done.. This coming from an old school Buckeye fan that wondered why it took so long for Woody to clock that Clemson LB :lol:

Florida is predominantly CFA.. No question..

Then again, I had to battle the wife between American Idiot and Playoff NHL hockey on TV tonight :blush: Yeah, I'm watching hockey on a corner screen in my studio and she has AI on the 64"

So what the Fuck do I know.. Just a noob :D

I actually don't think we disagreed on anything. I stated that most of central and northern FLA was more into the college game, but that Miami and Tampa are more NFL oriented. Certainly there is interest in the college game in those areas....just like there is big interest in Ohio State here in NEO. But my nephew, born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale says the the Dolphins are the bigger thing down there than the Hurricanes...who are obviously popular (but not so much that they actually fill their stadium...unlike the Dolphins). I think the same applies to the Tampa area.

As for Meyer, he is born, bred in Ohio, and his initial coaching stints were in Ohio...as an asst. and as the coach at Bowling Green.

Florida was not his dream job, Ohio State was. Can't fault a guy for wanting to be at home.

And I am sure Ohio State fans prefer an Ohio born and bred coach. The last time they didn't go that route it was with very mixed results. John Cooper could recruit great players....and win a lot of games....except the big ones that count. Couldn't beat Michigan, couldn't win a bowl game. The President of Youngstown St. and Urban haven't had that problem. (While Tress lost a couple of BCS title games, he won 1 and won most of his other bowls. Meyer has only had the one bowl game which was a loss...but we don't think that trend will continue. The Ohio St. defense cannot remain as bas as it was last year.)

Not really. He was a retired HS principal. Being on the lake I am sure enhances the value. You can have it for about 340K.

Shall we write up an offer sheet?

Lol. Cost of living is WAY different down here. I have a 3 bedroom. 130k here. Would probably be 215k up there

Lol. Cost of living is WAY different down here. I have a 3 bedroom. 130k here. Would probably be 215k up there

Looking at buying a 2-bedroom flat in an unfashionable part of central London - £500k, give or take.

Thinking of moving to either Wilmington area or Charleston in a couple years.

Charleston is OK. Not my style. I lived up north for three years as a S&C coach. Everyone I knew from the south hated it and wanted to move back. Everyone I know here from the north loves it and say they are never moving back.

Not even close, you would be over 100K light. One just sold a couple of doors down for the range I mentioned that was similar.

Either one. Cleveland sucks. I just visited and never thought the city could get worse. Who bombed the roads?

Kasich. Governor of Ohio. He has given tax break after tax break to the wealthy such that now the money that comes back to the cities has been cut drastically....and the road budgets have all suffered. And with the kinds of winters we have with freeze and thaw the roads really deteriorate.

With the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars from estate taxes the local city here had to get a .25 percent increase in the local income tax to apply to the roads. So, now, instead of the dead folks paying a minor percent of their million dollar or so estate, those costs now have to be born by all the minimum wage earners....or middle income wager earners.

Like I said elsewhere: bring on the pot tax.

I guess the thing about being a fan of so many players and teams that players you like play for is that it seems really sort of like a chick thing. Comes off soundy a little flighty and flaky.

I mean, perhaps it is hormonal for you.

I'm a fan of my teams and I'm a diehard fan. I be Jets/Mets/Knicks/Rangers/Red Storm/Fighting Irish fans till I die. However, I am also a fan of the game, like obviously you are as well. I am a fan of football so I appreciate the game. I like players / teams that personify how I believe the game should be played. I don't know what is feminine about that. I also root for guys that I think are underappreciated or guys that the media bangs on for stupid things (think Randy Moss) to me thats more about principle and standing up for you beliefs, which is the exact opposite of being flakey. To stereotype my opinions as a "chick thing" and acting like I just hop on bandwagons because of popularity / looks / being really good or whatever couldn't be further from the truth.

Did you not root for Kosar or have a soft spot for him after he left the Browns? If you didn't I would say your the one acting like a chick by both being a "what can you do for me" person and by being bitter. If you did root for him I would say that is no different than me still rooting for a player who used to play for my team which in this case is a college team. So if I want to root for guys like Teo or Theo Riddick because I respect the way they play the game and their work ethic and passion and the fact that they were the heart of NDs team and gave me some really good memories and made watching the team more enjoyable when they move to the next level how is that different than pulling for Kosar or anyone else who played the right way, had success in Cleveland and left on good terms (not talking Lebron here, more guys like Kosar or Jim Thome on the Indians).

First and foremost I'm a Washington Redskins fan and overall fan of the NFL.

^^Full disclosure^^

I live in Baltimore.

But, I am also a huge football fan. I watch some college and a ton of the NFL w/ NFL package on Direct TV.

I started watching A&M b/c of their offense with Jerrod Johnson then Ryan Tannehill then Manziel.

I am also a fan of Terrence West ofTowson and local Bmore kid.

I'm also a draftnerd and you guys got one of my favorite prospects with ILB Christian Kirksey who imho has a skillset that rivals 1st round pick Ryan Shazier.

As a Redskin's fan I have some knowledge of Kyle's offense.

I came to this board to keep tabs on Manziel.

The national media is turning your Front Office's handling of Manziel into a joke.

And wanted to find out if this is true at the local level.

Being a Redskin's fan I'm well aware of how local and national perceptions can be very different.

Just wanted to get the skinny.

Cheers to a (hopefully) good season.

In my view, the local media seem to be basically saying that the coach/FO are doing the right thing, making JFF earn the starting job. Of course, the hope is that he gets it at some point and then doesn't let go of it for 15 years - but then they won't complain if Hoyer does the same.

^^Full disclosure^^

I live in Baltimore.

But, I am also a huge football fan. I watch some college and a ton of the NFL w/ NFL package on Direct TV.

I started watching A&M b/c of their offense with Jerrod Johnson then Ryan Tannehill then Manziel.

I'm also a draftnerd and you guys got one of my favorite prospects with ILB Christian Kirksey who imho has a skillset that rivals 1st round pick Ryan Shazier.

The national media is turning your Front Office's handling of Manziel into a joke.

Being a Redskin's fan I'm well aware of how local and national perceptions can be very different.

The national media is nothing more than a circus that would do anything they can to disrupt the browns training camps and turn the whole off season into a farce. The browns are doing the right thing by telling them to hit the bricks.

NE Ohio is one of the cheapest places to live in the country. Many people I know around here are moving or have moved to the Carolinas (mostly NC though).

Personally, I like the climate of the southwest. My visit to Sedona AZ had me convinced to retire there someday.

I'm a fan of my teams and I'm a diehard fan. I be Jets/Mets/Knicks/Rangers/Red Storm/Fighting Irish fans till I die. However, I am also a fan of the game, like obviously you are as well. I am a fan of football so I appreciate the game. I like players / teams that personify how I believe the game should be played. I don't know what is feminine about that. I also root for guys that I think are underappreciated or guys that the media bangs on for stupid things (think Randy Moss) to me thats more about principle and standing up for you beliefs, which is the exact opposite of being flakey. To stereotype my opinions as a "chick thing" and acting like I just hop on bandwagons because of popularity / looks / being really good or whatever couldn't be further from the truth.

OK,,,,,except for the fact that it sounds like exactly what you have done. I can only go by what I read.

Did you not root for Kosar or have a soft spot for him after he left the Browns?

For him, perhaps because there was a feeling he got a raw deal here, but not particularly for the teams he played with.

If you didn't I would say your the one acting like a chick by both being a "what can you do for me" person and by being bitter. If you did root for him I would say that is no different than me still rooting for a player who used to play for my team which in this case is a college team. So if I want to root for guys like Teo or Theo Riddick because I respect the way they play the game and their work ethic and passion and the fact that they were the heart of NDs team and gave me some really good memories and made watching the team more enjoyable when they move to the next level how is that different than pulling for Kosar or anyone else who played the right way, had success in Cleveland and left on good terms (not talking Lebron here, more guys like Kosar or Jim Thome on the Indians).

Again, wishing a player you liked well is one thing. Rooting for the team he is on is another. I had no interest in the Phillies because Thome was on them or for the Cowboys (I would have preferred the Bills had beat them) or for the Dolphins.

^^Full disclosure^^

I live in Baltimore.

No, we think that the National Media are idiots and have no clue how a coaching staff or front office need to handle a football team....and for the most part I think we are right. They are just whining because they didn't get full access. Too bad.

NE Ohio is one of the cheapest places to live in the country. Many people I know around here are moving or have moved to the Carolinas (mostly NC though).

Personally, I like the climate of the southwest. My visit to Sedona AZ had me convinced to retire there someday.

Hmm, it worries me that we think alike. :( On the other hand, I have a brother that lives near there, so that is one reason I have also thought hard about that area.

I was at Parris Island for awhile and remember the heat and the Sand Fleas.

The only places worth going in SC are on the coast.

Upstate is garbage. It's hot, humid and miserable in the summer and there's very little breeze. Columbia is dirty, there's nothing ever going on, and it seemingly takes four hours to drive to anywhere from Columbia.

Clemson, however, is by far the worst. It's a cow pasture with a school plopped on it.

The national media is nothing more than a circus that would do anything they can to disrupt the browns training camps and turn the whole off season into a farce. The browns are doing the right thing by telling them to hit the bricks.

No, we think that the National Media are idiots and have no clue how a coaching staff or front office need to handle a football team....and for the most part I think we are right. They are just whining because they didn't get full access. Too bad.

Right, right. Like I said, I'm well aware of the national media when it comes to the local team. My post wasn't about whether or not the national media is allowed to cover Manziel.

I was hoping to find out the local perception of how your owner and front office are handling Manziel.

From the outside it looks pretty shoddy.

(a) can't keep things in-house

(B) over reacting to Manziel 'celebrity' by telling him to 'act like a back-up' and '...this isn't hollywood' etc

© seem to be going out of their way to show that Manziel is 'substantially behind' Hoyer

It seems like the front office is creating the spotlight they are trying to quell.

It seems as if Haslam and Farmer are media noobs that need to stfu.

Just wondering what the local view is on Manziel's handling by the front office.

Right, right. Like I said, I'm well aware of the national media when it comes to the local team. My post wasn't about whether or not the national media is allowed to cover Manziel.

I was hoping to find out the local perception of how your owner and front office are handling Manziel.

( B) over reacting to Manziel 'celebrity' by telling him to 'act like a back-up' and '...this isn't hollywood' etc

© seem to be going out of their way to show that Manziel is 'substantially behind' Hoyer

It seems like the front office is creating the spotlight they are trying to quell.

Just wondering what the local view is on Manziel's handling by the front office.

I don't think any of that shit means a cabbage fart when it comes to how this team will perform in the fall. So get the fuck over it. No one gives a shit about what the view from outside looks like. This is fucking Cleveland, not some pusswad city.

(B) over reacting to Manziel 'celebrity' by telling him to 'act like a back-up' and '...this isn't hollywood' etc

I think its them trying to temper immediate expectations from him.

GREAT. JUST GREAT.

We've drafted a guy that goes all Bret Favre on Samantha Schacher. Wasted a 22nd pick in the 1st round.

I hope Haslam, Pettine, and Jim Brown can get a handle on Johnny Nathan's.

Looks like the QB job is Hoyer's, with Shaw backing him up.

Archived