THE BROWNS BOARD

New Browns Fans Introduce Yourselves

H-Town Brown

Just a little note of caution for all Browns fans both old timers here and new ones like me who are loyal to JFF.

It is well known that Johnny actually participates as an anonymous poster on the best A&M boards and will likely do the same on the best Browns boards like this one.

So be careful who you insult. He will be a new poster just like the rest of us showing up here. It was an ongoing guessing game to figure out who he was on Texags.com.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little note of caution for all Browns fans both old timers here and new ones like me who are loyal to JFF.

It is well known that Johnny actually participates as an anonymous poster on the best A&M boards and will likely do the same on the best Browns boards like this one.

So be careful who you insult. He will be a new poster just like the rest of us showing up here. It was an ongoing guessing game to figure out who he was on Texags.com.

So? Is he gonna get his wittle feelings hurt? Should I be scared? LMFAO.

Look, as a Browns fan, I do hope he proves me wrong cause he's gonna be (already is) a lot of distraction for a team that needs focus, not a circus. We've witnessed enough of a circus on the offensive side of the ball. What this team needs is a true leader, not a sideshow. Whether your man crush can be that, IMO, remains to be seen. I will do no bootlicking until the kid proves it on the pro level. Everything he did in college is irrelevant now. I don't like the pick. I won't apologize for that, but I am more than willing to eat crow if he should succeed.

Howdy y'all,

I was directed to this site at the suggestion of a very good friend who has been a lifelong Browns fan who recently completed his PhD at Texas A&M and is now a professor in Florida.

I'm a proud Fightin' Texas Aggie, a former Cowboys fan, and newest member of the Cleveland Browns fanbase. Having followed the Cowboys faithfully since the early 1980's, I've finally reached my threshold for Jerry Jones' piss poor leadership and management. Not that y'all care, but he has repeatedly violated the fanbase, and this fan has made the decision to end that foolish nonsense. That, combined with Johnny's arrival in Cleveland, plus the loyalty of the Browns fanbase made the decision easy.

I personally attended every home game Johnny Manziel ever played in college, and was somewhere between floored, inspired, and speechless (in the best way imaginable) to witness the overwhelming Browns family response to Johnny's selection. Your excitement will be affirmed and exponentially grown once you see him play in-person! The guy is unbelievable.

The Texas Aggie fanbase has a lot more in common with you guys than you likely realize, but I simply want to say hello and I look forward to getting up to speed. I've already bought my Browns Manziel jersey to proudly wear in Texas. I hope you guys tailgate in the fall...I need somewhere to go when I fly up for a game this Fall.

Gig'em, God Bless, and Go Browns!

Smh.....so this is what its gonna be like for now on.

I might as well take my own advice and take a break until the bandwagon gets lighter. The intertubes are gonna be unreadable with all the bandwagoners around.

1) XVIDEO.COM

2) I usually start about the breasts, chest, neck, and head.

3) They're the Browns. That's usually obstacle #1.

4) I don't follow Twitter. It makes me want to punch babies.

5) Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

6) I can play the guitar like a mother fuckin' riot.

2) How do you feel about the new coach/GM?

2) I usually start about the breasts, chest, neck, and head.

Gold ...

Z

Haha, we moved to Katy a few months ago from Victoria Tx. Outside of Greater Houston the rest of the state is Cowboy fans although the gap is closing a little more every year. But yea, they do love their Texans here. Thanks!

Small world.

My wife's from Victoria.

I agree with a LOT of this article. Why is the organization trying so hard to downplay Johnny, while every other team is talking up their 1st round pick as the 2nd coming?

http://www.bettingsports.com/browns-continue-to-be-really-weird-about-johnny-manziel/

Despite decades of futility and the strong stench of failure that generally emanates from theCleveland Browns, this team actually managed to generate some positive buzz by selecting Texas A&M superstar quarterback Johnny Manziel No. 22 overall in the 2014 NFL Draft. It’s been less than a week, but somehow the luster continues to fade with each passing day.

Not content to leave (better than) well enough alone, it seems the Browns organization has gone out of its way this week to rain on its own parade. They’re urinating in their own Wheaties. They’re collecting black flies for their own glasses of Chardonnay.

First came Haslam’s supremely unnecessary comments aimed, for some unknown reason, at putting Manziel in his place. Said Cleveland’s criminally inclined owner, “We were frank with [Manziel] on Friday that’s the expectation, you’re the backup. This is a hard-working, blue-collar town, this isn’t Hollywood. We want you to come in and go to work.”

While his message was reasonable enough, the tone and delivery were excessively harsh. There are ways to say the exact same thing without completely insulting Manziel, inferring that he’s lazy and too caught up in his own celebrity to bother showing up for work.

Hello all, this is my first post on this message board. As my username suggests, I'm an A&M grad that is the newest Browns fan after the Manziel pick. I grew up in Houston and the Oilers left town when I was around 10 years old, so I didn't follow the NFL much after that and got into A&M football. With Manziel heading to Cleveland, I now have an NFL team to follow. Really looking forward to it, and from what I can tell browsing some topics, this looks like a great forum.

I'm posting this topic because I'd like to talk about Manziel's passing ability, which is often overlooked and under-discussed. If someone didn't know who Johnny Manziel is, they'd watch ESPN (particularly that fake hair bumbling idiot Kiper) and assume Manziel is simply an athlete playing QB who can't throw, someone in the mold of Denard Robinson or Eric Crouch. But if you look at the stats, that couldn't be further from the truth. What's really remarkable about these stats is A&M had a top 10 strength of schedule each year in the most difficult conference in the country.

Here are Manziel's 2012 (RS freshman) passing stats, with the national rank in parentheses beside it.

Completion % - 68.0 (T-8th)

Yards - 3706 (T-15th)

Yards/att - 8.5 (T-12th)

TD - 26 (T-24)

INT - 9

TD/INT - 2.9

QB rating - 155.3 (15th)

His 2013 stats are even better.

Completion % - 69.9 (4th)

Yards - 4114 (8th)

Yards/att - 9.6 (4th)

TD - 34 (T-4)

INT - 13

TD/INT - 2.6

QB rating - 172.9 (3rd)

I've never seen or heard any of those numbers from any form of sports media. They all seem to feed off of each other and continue the mindless banter about how Manziel won't be able to run in the NFL, how he has a weak arm and can't make all the throws, etc. It's ridiclous. I'm not sure if any of y'all were able to watch his pro day workout, but it was incredibly impressive.

I understand why they focus on his running/scrambling ability. It's rare for a QB and he has created some incredible plays by doing just that. But to completely ignore the passing part of his game is an injustice to Johnny. I can see the casual fan not understanding how good of a passer he is, but for these experts, it's their job to mention that stuff.

I've watched every college snap from Manziel and he's one of the most talented football players I've ever seen. Fiercely competitive and hates to lose more than anything. I think y'all got a great one and I can't wait to see how he develops to prove the naysayers wrong.

Quoting a college QBs statistics is not necessarily that illustrative of that players ability to make is as a QB in the NFL.

I suggest that most of the most renowned QB busts in the past had outstanding college stats....Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell et al.

Now, to me JFFs biggest asset is his chutzpah. It has to be given his frame. His innate football intellect goes hand in hand with that.

I agree with you that good college stats do not always translate to NFL QB success. Virtually every QB ever drafted had good numbers in college. But that wasn't the point of my post. I was just trying to point out that Manziel's passing and stats are on par or better with the other QBs in the draft and are better than he gets credit for. For example, Manziel had superior passing stats in virtually every category compared to Bortles (completion %, yards, yds/att, TD/INT ratio, passer rating) but I doubt that was mentioned at all in any media outlet. All they focused on was "he can't run like that and take hits in the NFL" (which I agree with), but completely ignored his passing game.

Johnny came in and saved us after the lost decade of Aggie Football. Now he will fulfill his destiny of reviving another storied franchise that has lost its way. Get ready to say things about your team you haven't in years, because Johnny will improve the entire team, not just the QB position.

If you haven't yet, go and watch the replay of the Chick Fil A bowl from this year, and watch Johnny put an entire team on his back and come back from a record deficit.

I thought Ryan Tannehill did that. I mean, hell, he was an A&M Qb drafted a lot higher than JFF, no? ;)

Tannehill was decent. Unfortunately, under Sherman all he ever did was throw a 12 yard hitch. Went 6-6 in his final year when we were preseason top 5, routinely gave up double digit leads in the 2nd half. He's a great kid and a good QB. He can't hold Johnny's jock.

A shitty jackass off the field? Why? Because he drank when he was in college?

Yeah. Exactly.

He drank and slept in through meetings. Just like any college kid would do.

College kids are shitty jackasses. All of them. Especially the athletes. I'm one and I don't deny it.

Ok I can agree with that. He's no shittier than any other male college jackass would have been in his situation.

At least he's not getting BJs from 14 year olds like the Bengals draft pick out of LSU.

Exactly.

Coupled with the fact that he's a privileged rich boy and he's the top of his sport.

Thanks for the twitter handles.

Xvideo.com should keep me busy for a while also.

And if we are gonna talk about cheerleaders can we at least post some freaking pictures?

Scroll page a few pages, it got buried by the draft but there's a thread that'll keep you occupied for a while.

I spoke last night to a former starting CB on a Superbowl champion and outside of the great pick of the CB first by the Browns (he's biased of course), I wanted to know what he thought about JFF's chances of making it big time with the Browns. He answered it with a story of a play he had against the QB he thinks most compares to JFF, Fran Tarkenton, because of the similar size and obvious scrambling abilities. He said on this particular play he was dogging the WR until he saw Fran disappear into a crowd of defenders. He slacked off just for a split second when all of a sudden Fran pops out of the pile and throws a perfect pass on the run to the WR who by then had left him behind. His thought as the ball went over his head for a TD was, "How'd he do that?" His next thought was how humiliated he felt when the coaches proceeded to burn his ears on the sidelines when he came off the field. His opinion is that JFF will do just fine because of his ability to extend plays, find receivers and throw accurately while running in any direction. I've known this guy for a long time and have all respect for his NFL acumen. Take it for what it's worth.

A word of warning to all new Johhny/Browns fans. Any positive comments or posts with the names Mike Holmgren, Pat Shurmur, Mike Lombardi, Joe Banner, Pissburg Stillers, or Lebron James (although I'm over that douchebag) will get you fucking torched on this board in a manner you never thought possible.

A word of warning to all new Johhny/Browns fans. Any positive comments or posts with the names Mike Holmgren, Pat Shurmur, Mike Lombardi, Joe Banner, Pissburg Stillers, or Lebron James (although I'm over that douchebag) will get you fucking torched on this board in a manner you never thought possible.

add brady quinn, derek anderson, braylon edwards, colt mccoy and ghoolie to that list..............

I spoke last night to a former starting CB on a Superbowl champion and outside of the great pick of the CB first by the Browns (he's biased of course), I wanted to know what he thought about JFF's chances of making it big time with the Browns. He answered it with a story of a play he had against the QB he thinks most compares to JFF, Fran Tarkenton, because of the similar size and obvious scrambling abilities. He said on this particular play he was dogging the WR until he saw Fran disappear into a crowd of defenders. He slacked off just for a split second when all of a sudden Fran pops out of the pile and throws a perfect pass on the run to the WR who by then had left him behind. His thought as the ball went over his head for a TD was, "How'd he do that?" His next thought was how humiliated he felt when the coaches proceeded to burn his ears on the sidelines when he came off the field. His opinion is that JFF will do just fine because of his ability to extend plays, find receivers and throw accurately while running in any direction. I've known this guy for a long time and have all respect for his NFL acumen. Take it for what it's worth.

did he tell you what the coaches told him if he ever saw tarkenton do that to him again?

probably something to the tune of "break his fucking neck!"

In fact he did tell me what they told him miktoxic-never, ever leave your man again until you hear the whistle blow. And other choice words to explain how Tarkenton does that to any DB without sense enough to know he does it all the time.

Archived