THE BROWNS BOARD

Gordon is out for year. damnit.

Flyin J

God I hope you are correct. That is VERY GOOD sleuthing by the way!!

The actions of the Front Office seems to follow that you are right.. The fact that we kept Little, means that Gordon will once again take the suspension at the top of the season.... Could be a long 6 weeks if our recievers our anywhere as shitty as they were last year(outside of our tight ends)....

RUNNING GAME?? That's why the OT at the top of the 2nd and probably Running Back at the top of the 3rd?? That would tell the tale right there wouldn't it?

If we go RB at the top of the 3rd, that is circumstancial proof that Gordon will be back next year.

BobPound!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't afford to eat a roster spot, when it could be given to someone who contributes. Not to mention, he would be due for a contract extension in the future. I just don't see it. I'm just trying to look at it realistically. Not trying to be pessimistic etc. Just my opinion on how i see the situation.

Well, perhaps you should consider a suspended player does NOT count as a roster spot. So, moot point.

The extension is now much much smaller....if he gets there.....moot point.

Anything else?

Well, perhaps you should consider a suspended player does NOT count as a roster spot. So, moot point.

The extension is now much much smaller....if he gets there.....moot point.

Anything else?

Good call. I didn't think about that. I forgot that a suspended player gets replaced on the roster.

Because life goes on no matter how much or little money one makes.

i just can't agree. There are plenty of people who'd like to smoke weed but don't? Why? Because they value their careers. Those same people man up to support their families and their peers who depend on them. If I was Josh Gordon's team mate I'd kick his damned ass.

There are some people on this board that think that losing Gordon isn't the end of the world.... while I might agree that it isn't the END of the world, You MUST realize that if it wasn't for Gordon, we wouldn't have scored a touchdown for the last 11 games of the season... maybe not even enter the Redzone for that matter.. this IS a big deal....

What a waste of talent.. classic schmoseby

What a waste of talent.. classic schmoseby

There are many people who find many ways to waste their talent...

But for each one there is a no-talent like MikeHole who in the face of tremendous odds somehow manages to assemble two word posts and thus bring balance to the world...

Should have picked Watkins

Duh, there were those faint voices crying out in the Wilderness, Sammy, Sammy, Sammy..... Seems to have gotten drowned out by Manziel Mania. But don't worry- with that first round pick we got from the Bills, we can draft our #1 WR in 2015, or even better get Marriotta or Winston after JF get his knee blown out and the Browns have the first pick in the 2015 draft. Just keeping it real.

I have literally never been more excited about browns football. They are truly cursed. This is the most odd timing for this to come out. Im waiting for the final word before I say anything else.

If Farmer knew Josh was going to get suspended and passed on numerous wrs he's a shithead.

Feel bad for you guys. I don't understand how someone can be so fvcking dumb. You are a professional athlete on your last strike and you get flagged for pot? The reality is pot should be legal and its pretty damn harmless but for now its illegal. What an idiot.

Thanks V. Show a little restraint kid. Keep going the way you were in the NFL, and you could have bought a pot ranch in Colorado with all that loot after you retired.

How can you be any more deflated? You're the most down person on the board. Maybe you need some antidepressants.

I needed a heavy dose after they took Manziel- this one is just icing on the cake.

i just can't agree. There are plenty of people who'd like to smoke weed but don't? Why? Because they value their careers. Those same people man up to support their families and their peers who depend on them. If I was Josh Gordon's team mate I'd kick his damned ass.

I don't make 5% of the money most NFL players make- but I don't do weed or other illegal stuff. Why? Because I'd get fired on the spot if I tested positive. Obviously Gordon has an addiction problem- and if you reach that point, you just don't care- regardless of the consequences.

Curse is real.

Believe it Mike- know any Witch Doctors to break the spell? Well wait until next year. The problem is- some of us here are rapidly running out of next years. And It's one of the reasons I wanted Watkins.

Gordon isn't a complete idiot... wondering if he is just disregarding the testing altogether as some kind of personal protest? Although that'd be pretty fuckin dumb in it's own right...

I also wonder if his contract runs concurrent with the ban.. remember it's not a suspension he's kicked out of the league.

Or if he's reinstated in 2015 does his contract pick back up in 15 for his 14 salary?

This totally sux and kills the draft. Id like know if browns knew this why did they pass on watkins?

Beacuse they had a draft plan and plan to build the team and weren't going to allow this to cause them to make knee jerk reactions.

Gordon isn't a complete idiot... wondering if he is just disregarding the testing altogether as some kind of personal protest? Although that'd be pretty fuckin dumb in it's own right...

I also wonder if his contract runs concurrent with the ban.. remember it's not a suspension he's kicked out of the league.

Or if he's reinstated in 2015 does his contract pick back up in 15 for his 14 salary?

I believe his contract is void for the year and he would get picked back up for his final year of the contract, I do not believe there would be a 1 year gap giving him two years left on the contract.

Don't know anything about the logistics or timing of the piss test but why he wasn't prepared to pass strikes me as being irresponsible. You've always got to have a plan when the man comes knocking on your door. I'd guess he was never a Boy Scout

if he gets the boot and has to reapply, can he re-enter the league free of prior contracts and be like a free agent?

maybe his plan is to not be a Brown anymore. and he found a way to get out in a year. he's no stranger to sitting out a year...and he can get stoned with Ricky Williams the whole time. pretty sweet loophole if true.

or, he's in on the smoke screen and agreed to guage fan reaction to us thinking he fucked us. i am hopeful this second theory is true, but it's more likely to be doubtful.

as far as impact...just like when Peyton Manning went down for the Colts, NFL teams need to always have a plan B to keep rolling along when elite talent is removed from their plans. wanna place blame put some with the front office as well for counting on someone who let the entire organization down. i would have trusted him too just saying.

since they didn't draft Watkins or Evans it says obviously they either didn't like those prospects or their plan had higher priority than signing them where they fell.

i said this in the San Antonio Homes thread as well...i hope Flash gets a two year ban. these continued slaps on the wrist aren't having an effect. he should proceed assuming one year, then he can find out next year he isn't accepted and has to wait and reapply again next year...and maybe not even then. like a "we'll see...no guarantees" type situation. let him interview to get back in.

these kids and their fucking entitlement mentality.

he's had plenty of chances already and got cute and beat the system with that purple drank codeine cover up...but play time is over. he is an addict by definition. with so much at stake an abuser would have stopped at strike 1 or definitely 2. the fact he can't stop shows addictive traits and an inability to stop. he's powerless to refuse when confronted with the option. a higher priority on socializing and being a celebrity will doom even the most well intentioned addicts. a couple years away from the game will dry up his money enough to help him value the privilege of being a superstar WR playing in the League and send the message home. he must cut ties with any and all from the wrong crowd first and foremost...change his location...change his behavior. change his lifestyle. change his outlook. for a shot at being the G.O.A.T. at WR...why not suck it up and just be boring and a nerd for a little while?

he must decide, what's more important?

Beacuse they had a draft plan and plan to build the team and weren't going to allow this to cause them to make knee jerk reactions.

Yeah but the decision makers knew about it before hand... so they could have draft planned accordingly. Now we have no true #1 when two went within our reach.

Doesn't make sense to me. You are about to be one of the top 2 or 3 WRs in the league and the team is being built up to win.

If the drug isn't addictive how can you not stop when you have millions on the line. I don't get it.

addictive behaviors aka poor choices can result regardless of the substance or the activity.

to me this reads: in his current circle the kid just can't say no...aka he needs to grow up and realize that long term the party can't compete with the plaque.

I am really on the fence about whether this is an example of addictive behavior or just arrogance and poor judgment. With personal first hand knowledge of addiction I tend to believe in Josh's case it's more arrogance and lack of respect. He seems I feel like he is above the rules. Even now as he appeals to reduce the suspension he is likely thinking more about how to beat the next test as opposed to quitting partying. It just pisses me off more than I can put into words. I was so excited with anticipation for the draft. Day one had me pumped after the first round. Then this bomb dropped and ruined the whole experience.

I am really on the fence about whether this is an example of addictive behavior or just arrogance and poor judgment. With personal first hand knowledge of addiction I tend to believe in Josh's case it's more arrogance and lack of respect. He seems I feel like he is above the rules. Even now as he appeals to reduce the suspension he is likely thinking more about how to beat the next test as opposed to quitting partying. It just pisses me off more than I can put into words. I was so excited with anticipation for the draft. Day one had me pumped after the first round. Then this bomb dropped and ruined the whole experience.

If that's the case I'd still say it's extreme behavior driven by arrogance fueled by addiction.

It isn't that they can't. It's that they don't care to.

You draft for work ethic, love for the game, character,

and fire....

and if they don't meet that criteria, you tend

to cross them off your list.

All that talent, once again, wasted.

Sisky is right. From experience. Addictive behavior knows no boundaries. Not saying weed is addictive, the behavior is there reguardless of the drug/food/sex. I would bet my next paycheck, dude is also drinking and blowing rails. Coke is out of ur system in 3 days. A dude in his shape weed out of his system in 30 days if he was a daily smoker.

I have to disagree. Addicts use knowing the consequences. There is no way he risks millions of dollar due purely to arrogance.

Will Gordon ever play in a Browns uniform again? Right now I would have to say probably not....

If it's true, and if he's done for a year, then yea I hope he's played his last game for the Browns. I've said it before, but will say it again, he is a boy and we need a roster full of men to win. Let him be some other teams' problem while his replacement helps us win.

I tend to agree with cam here.

Professional athletes, not unlike many other celebrity stations in life, are often treated with kid gloves since they are children.

Rarely will anyone tell you you are doing something wrong because you are gifted in one sense or another.

That's how some players get through college and onto a professional team without being able to read.

They get the idea that the rest of the world is stupid and will believe anything they say. I'm sure the guy just figured he could sneak by with a few tokes.

I find it hard to believe he's lying awake in a bed shivering and sweating because he needs a hit off of a joint.

Of course addiction is usually given as an excuse for just about anyone who's busted for an illegal substance.

I'm more likely to believe he's a stupid arrogant asshole than a poor pitiful addict.

WSS

Archived