THE BROWNS BOARD

10 Biggest Busts Today ?

darren15

I'm going to go off the wall with this and say that Sammy Watkins tears an ACL in training camp and suffers injury problems for his career.

I don't actually believe that, but I wanted something to refer back to if it ever happens.

Upon further review...

Are we talking today only? As in only first round busts?

I'm going to go off the wall with this and say that Sammy Watkins tears an ACL in training camp and suffers injury problems for his career.

I don't actually believe that, but I wanted something to refer back to if it ever happens.

You are a sick puppy...

Here are the 10 biggest busts of the 2011 draft out of the first and second rounds...(least productive)

Round 1

Derek Sherod OL Green Bay

Jonathan Baldwin WR KC

Blaine Gabbert QB Jax

Jimmy Smith DB Balt.

Mark Ingram RB N.O.

Round 2

Jonas Mouton LB S.D. (3 career games)

Ben Ijalana OL Indy (4 career games)

Marvin Austin DL NYG (11 career games)

Ryan Williams RB Ariz. (5 career games)

Ras-I-Dowling DB NE (9 career games)

Not sure anyone could have/would have predicted that these guys would have been the busts of that year.

It's predicting, Gip... not documenting...

That said, that article is whacked. Smacks of trying to generate controversy to generate traffic. I mean they only got one right... :)

Here's its list for those not wanting to bother with the link...

10. CJ Mosley

9. Mike Evans

8. Louis Nix

7. Brandin Cooks

6. Anthony Barr

5. Greg Robinson

4. Eric Ebron

3. Jadeveon Clowney

2. Blake Bortles

1. Khalil Mack

Here's my Day 1-ish list

4. Ryan Shazier (OLB)

Flipping channels last night I came across a replay of the OSU/Clemson Orange Bow. I tuned in just in time to see Ryan get trucked by Sammy after catching a bubble screen. Either Ryan or Roby was going on this list. That play sealed Ryan’s fate…

3. Taylor Lewan (OT)

I just don’t get this guy’s rise. I see an adequate RT and some gurus are taking him over Mathews as their LT…

2. Teddy Twatwater (QB)

Expecting JF here on my list? Well while I think JF will disappoint… disappoint is not bust. Size and arm were always questions in my mind with Teddy, but now his Pro Day raised judgment questions.

1. Mike Evans (WR)

My original, one-dimensional WR in this draft. As I have predicted elsewhere Mike will lead the league on one category: Offensive Pass Interference penalties.

Here's my Day 1-ish list

4. Ryan Shazier (OLB)

Flipping channels last night I came across a replay of the OSU/Clemson Orange Bow. I tuned in just in time to see Ryan get trucked by Sammy after catching a bubble screen. Either Ryan or Roby was going on this list. That play sealed Ryan’s fate…

I agree totally on this one even as an OSU fan but just based on where he'll be drafted. He's a solid player but to see him mocked in the lows 20's baffles me. The thing I keep seeing is how he has speed, which is true. I always figured he'd be a mid to late 2nd round guy.

Here's my Day 1-ish list

4. Ryan Shazier (OLB)

3. Taylor Lewan (OT)

I just don’t get this guy’s rise. I see an adequate RT and some gurus are taking him over Mathews as their LT…

2. Teddy Twatwater (QB)

Expecting JF here on my list? Well while I think JF will disappoint… disappoint is not bust. Size and arm were always questions in my mind with Teddy, but now his Pro Day raised judgment questions.

1. Mike Evans (WR)

My original, one-dimensional WR in this draft. As I have predicted elsewhere Mike will lead the league on one category: Offensive Pass Interference penalties.

Agree with all but Teddy...I think he's dropping far enough that he'll land someplace that won't expect him to be the saviour

Probable 1st rounders

5. Jimmie Ward

4. Brandin Cooks

3. Taylor Lewan

2. Ha Ha Clinton Dix

1. Mike Evans

I agree with Tour on Evans, he just doesnt have the hip flexibility Id like to see out of a WR. I also think the lack of safeties is causing those two to rise and think they'll be average at best. Cooks is a guy that shot up from the third to fourth round because of a blazing 40.

No manziel on the list.

As much as I do not want him, I do not think he will "bust"... more like deflate slowly...

Terrible fvcking article. Seriously terrible.

Exactly... can't believe they left Shazier off of it...

Archived