THE BROWNS BOARD

"nobody could cover Andrew Hawkins"

LondonBrown

OK, so, we have this Andrew Hawkins, we still have Greg Little, we will get Travis Benjamin back.

Are we really that desperate for another WR that we would use the #4 overall pick on one?

Can not these guys be playmakers....or do you see Hawkins as strictly the #3 WR/slot guy.....and Little either a backup or gonzo...and Benjamin as purely a specialty/special teams guy.

Or is it a case of: get all the potential playmakers that you can to put pressure on opposing defenses.

Would getting a Jake Matthews on the OL...or a Zack Martin also be a way of puttng pressure on the opposing defenses....by keeping pressure off our QB....whomever that may be.

I think we need a game changer. throw off other teams balance and actually game plan for us. We have some really good players but then we have a drop off to the rest being average.

OK, so, we have this Andrew Hawkins, we still have Greg Little, we will get Travis Benjamin back.

Are we really that desperate for another WR that we would use the #4 overall pick on one?

Can not these guys be playmakers....or do you see Hawkins as strictly the #3 WR/slot guy.....and Little either a backup or gonzo...and Benjamin as purely a specialty/special teams guy.

Or is it a case of: get all the potential playmakers that you can to put pressure on opposing defenses.

Would getting a Jake Matthews on the OL...or a Zack Martin also be a way of puttng pressure on the opposing defenses....by keeping pressure off our QB....whomever that may be.

well half the people here think greg little should be cut and t. benjamin is as fragile as anyone......

we could say the same thing about the right side of the line which is a more important fix (IMO) than getting a #2 WR but picking a OL at 4 would be disappointing to me considering the top Guards won't start coming off the board until the 20 spot. LB if mack is there. watkins if he is there (simply because he IS the game changer). those 2 guys would be a great pick at 4 considering their rankings. then evans and gilbert would be reaching by 3 to 4 spots, but if we can't trade down and are stuck between taking a tackle or the 2nd best WR or the best CB i'm taking the WR or CB.

those 2 guys would be a great pick at 4 considering their rankings. then evans and gilbert would be reaching by 3 to4 spots, but if we can't trade down and are stuck between taking a tackle or the 2nd best WR or the best CB i'm taking the WR or CB.[/b]

I agree. I'm not worried about reaching 3 or 4 spots on Evans. I'd rather do that than reach 3 or 4 entire rounds on Manziel heh.

I'm starting to think Watkins then Evans ten whatever OT or QB they like.

I think theres a few 2nd round WR that become our day one #2. Some see it as reaching, but given the number of 3WR sets we'll see this year, we need to complete our CB trio, IMO. Haden/Gilbert/Skrine would be a pretty solid trio. Options with this direction:

Gilbert - Sua Filo - WR - QB/ILB, or

Gilbert - QB - WR - OL/ILB

Best case, trade down and stay within the top 10 and get a 2nd or 3rd AND 4th rounder, then package some picks to move up from the 3rd into the mid second, and from 35 into the lower first. 9 hours!!

We aren't desperate at any position, but there are 4-5 big time impact players at the top of the draft, and we have to come away with one of them. (Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson ... maybe Matthews).

Watkins is a perfect fit because we can put him right in there across from Gordon in the starting lineup over Greg Little who I can't believe you mentioned.

Gordon and Watkins would be the starters. hawkins the slot. Benjamin home run hitter and punt returner. Burleson wily veteran backup. That is a good lineup ... for a change ... last year Bess and Little were the two worst regular wide receivers in the NFL ... we've replaced one of them. I think Watkins would be the IDEAL replacement for the other.

Zombo

Well yeah no shit no one could cover him. Aside from Haden our CBs suck dick. Brandon Weeden earned the starting nod in practice.

But seriously, it's good to hear.

This ^^^

Lol yeah. No one could cover a #3 receiver!!! Wow no way, i mean i remember the dude lighting up the NFL last year... wait no.

Just like every other guy the Browns get, he's suddenly a stud because he's on our favorite team.

We aren't desperate at any position, but there are 4-5 big time impact players at the top of the draft, and we have to come away with one of them. (Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson ... maybe Matthews).

Watkins is a perfect fit because we can put him right in there across from Gordon in the starting lineup over Greg Little who I can't believe you mentioned.

Gordon and Watkins would be the starters. hawkins the slot. Benjamin home run hitter and punt returner. Burleson wily veteran backup. That is a good lineup ... for a change ... last year Bess and Little were the two worst regular wide receivers in the NFL ... we've replaced one of them. I think Watkins would be the IDEAL replacement for the other.

Zombo

I am obviously not opposed to Watkins. I just thought the question should be asked. The question naturally implies that the Browns have greater needs elsewhere.

And that analysis goes like this:

Clowney: Browns are fairly solid at DE....but you could not pass him up if he is there

Mack: Browns are fairly solid at OLB...but you could not pass him up if he is there

Robinson/Matthews: Browns are pretty solid at OT (yes, I think The Schwartz is solid). If one of them could be switched to OG that would be better...but you don't go OG at #4.

Watkins: Browns can use him probably as much or more of the Top Five...yes, that #1/1 2/2 WR is a need.

But....what about a wildcard: a QB: Bortles/Manzeil Never say never.

I am obviously not opposed to Watkins. I just thought the question should be asked. The question naturally implies that the Browns have greater needs elsewhere.

And that analysis goes like this:

Clowney: Browns are fairly solid at DE....but you could not pass him up if he is there

Mack: Browns are fairly solid at OLB...but you could not pass him up if he is there

Robinson/Matthews: Browns are pretty solid at OT (yes, I think The Schwartz is solid). If one of them could be switched to OG that would be better...but you don't go OG at #4.

Watkins: Browns can use him probably as much or more of the Top Five...yes, that #1/1 2/2 WR is a need.

But....what about a wildcard: a QB: Bortles/Manzeil Never say never.

you're listening to the radio buzz about manziel. i'm listening to the tv in the background. flipping back and forth from NFL network and espn. all the hosts are still trying to pimp manziel while all the draft pundits have all the QBs falling. it really is the only topic (besides what the texans will do at number one) that everyone is talking about. thinking about turning it all off as it's just chatter at this point and not worth listening to. i mean if skip bayless could get on his knees and blow manziel in front of a national tv audience he would. he did the same thing with tebow and it turned out to be quite embarrassing for him. he'll never learn.

starting to look at the fridge. orange stoli on ice. now that's nice.

Wide Receiver is a position you can't be too deep at. There really isn't a position that you can be. We have one good wideout right now, Hawkins is a nice slot guy but we need a #2 I wouldn't say we don't need more weapons.

I'd love a TE as well somewhere in the first 3 rounds

Archived