THE BROWNS BOARD

You all can forget about Watkins (Blackmon out for year)

WalterWhite

Not for sure. I dont' think they will pass on Von Miller 2.0. Remember, their coach is a defensive minded coach who comes from Seattle. And this is a very deep wide receiver class. Heck i can see them trading down to accumulate picks. They have holes everywhere.

I still HATE that the Bengals snatched AJ Green with the 4th pick in the 2011 draft. Had he still been on the board instead of Julio Jones, I continue to believe we wouldn't have shipped the #6 to Atlanta.

i am not sure if it changes anything for them, with how deep this years draft is @ WR and Watkins presummingly comming off the board @2 Id imagine they will stick to developing the D with a pick of Mack or Clowney and picking up some WR help in the 2nd or 3rd rounds... Jacksonville will draft D @ 3.

I still HATE that the Bengals snatched AJ Green with the 4th pick in the 2011 draft. Had he still been on the board instead of Julio Jones, I continue to believe we wouldn't have shipped the #6 to Atlanta.

You are 100% correct about that.

I don't think it raises or lowers the chance of the Jags taking him or someone else, simply because they already knew this for a while. The issue however is that I think there is a 50/50 chance that the Rams take Watkins, and still a 50/50 chance the Jags take him as well. The Rams other choice being Robertson and the Jags other choice or course being Mack. However I am also becoming more and more confident that even if Watkins and Mack are gone, and considering that fact that I do not believe we will take an OT at #4, we will also not be taking Manziel. I think at that point we have three choices. We take Evans, we take a surprise pick (I think it's Aaron Donald DL from Pitt), or we except a trade back offer with what ever team gives us a trade offer while also being the closest to offer to our selection (Example we would take an offer from the Bucs over the Vikings or the Lions).

But the one thing I am serious about is us possibly taking someone that no one has been talking about. I keep hearing that the Browns have a surprise selection in mind. That COULD be Evans considering most don't think he should go that high, but if your taking our offensive needs out of the consideration, I think it is Donald, who is being talked about as one of the most dominate 3 technique DT to come out in the past decade.

I don't think it raises or lowers the chance of the Jags taking him or someone else, simply because they already knew this for a while. The issue however is that I think there is a 50/50 chance that the Rams take Watkins, and still a 50/50 chance the Jags take him as well. The Rams other choice being Robertson and the Jags other choice or course being Mack. However I am also becoming more and more confident that even if Watkins and Mack are gone, and considering that fact that I do not believe we will take an OT at #4, we will also not be taking Manziel. I think at that point we have three choices. We take Evans, we take a surprise pick (I think it's Aaron Donald DL from Pitt), or we except a trade back offer with what ever team gives us a trade offer while also being the closest to offer to our selection (Example we would take an offer from the Bucs over the Vikings or the Lions).

But the one thing I am serious about is us possibly taking someone that no one has been talking about. I keep hearing that the Browns have a surprise selection in mind. That COULD be Evans considering most don't think he should go that high, but if your taking our offensive needs out of the consideration, I think it is Donald, who is being talked about as one of the most dominate 3 technique DT to come out in the past decade.

I think Evans wouldn't be a bad pick! Seems like most people on this board agree (I'm not necessarily one of them) taking one of the two top QB's in this draft is a bad idea at number 4. Is it worth it then to trade UP to #2 and make sure you get one of the sure things (Watkins) in the draft? Mel Kiper thinks there are, what was it 4 elite players in this draft? I think there are two. JC and Watkins.

There's a chance Evans and Watkins go at 2 and 3. I really want one of them at 4.

I agree completely

I can see Watkins going @ #2 to the Rams- but there's no way Evans is going to get picked that high. Interesting scouting tidbit about Evans- he's always played the right side- only.

Maybe the Jags realize that adding another prima donna receiver to their roster isn't going to help them, just as it won't help the Browns.

Where do you get the prima donna from? Haven't heard that one yet about Sammy.

Maybe the Jags realize that adding another prima donna reciever to their roster isn't going to help them, just as it won't help the Browns.

What exactly is that based off of? Been watching that dude play for three years..... Never seen it.....

Where do you get the prima donna from? Haven't heard that one yet about Sammy.

exactly.

i haven't heard a word, a chirp from anyone eluding to the fact that there has ever been a problem with sammy watkins.

just another dude making shit up.

Clemson's HC is all about that christian life. He recruits letting the players know what's up. He baptized a player on the field, lol . I don't think any of them have real character issues.

I haven't heard anything in that regards about Watkins

Clemson's HC is all about that christian life. He recruits letting the players know what's up. He baptized a player on the field, lol . I don't think any of them have real character issues.

I haven't heard anything in that regards about Watkins

It was awesome! It was our Pastor that did it!

"Where do you get the prima donna from? Haven't heard that one yet about Sammy"

Sorry for the confusion here. I didn't mean to imply Watkins or Evans were prima donnas. I was referring to the position and that a team doesn't need 2 #1 receivers. It would lend itself to an ego competition that we don't need here. It would be great if the 2 receivers were mature enough to do what's best for the team, but that wouldn't be the norm if recent history means anything.

"Where do you get the prima donna from? Haven't heard that one yet about Sammy"

Sorry for the confusion here. I didn't mean to imply Watkins or Evans were prima donnas. I was referring to the position and that a team doesn't need 2 #1 receivers. It would lend itself to an ego competition that we don't need here. It would be great if the 2 receivers were mature enough to do what's best for the team, but that wouldn't be the norm if recent history means anything.

If you mean "there aren't enough passes to go around" - I can see your point. I don't know how that would work out with the Browns. One thing for sure, winning cures a lot of complaints. BTW, it seems to have worked out OK for the Falcons and Bears, who you could say have two legit #1 WRs.

The Jags are picking a QB...they don't have anyone even remotely average on their roster.

You would think, but, with this Blackmon situation, they may feel Watkins is a better option....as they too may think that the guys available are second round talent overrated to 1st round talent merely because of the position they play.

Archived