THE BROWNS BOARD

#1 RB prospect from.....Wadsworth, OH

The Gipper

See this article about Bishop Sankey, RB from Washington U. but originally from Wadsworth. (he would have been in school there a short time with my kids). Considered by many to be the #1 RB prospect in the draft.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/2014-nfl-draft-wadsworth-native-bishop-sankey-eager-to-prove-he-s-best-running-back-in-this-year-s-class-1.483374

Could the Browns be interested? He is apparently interested in them. His mom now lives in Cleveland apparently.

i'm sure they would but he'll command a higher pick than what i think the browns would be willing to use on a position which we addressed pretty well with the #1 RB available. i'm thinking if they pick a RB at all it's be in a later round like 6th or 7th (if we have picks left by then).

Sounds like a stand up kid! Really enjoyed that article Gip thanks. I think he would be force to be reckoned with in our backfield. And how the hell is he a poor fit in the ZBS? He was in a ZBS the entire time at Washington U! Quit talking out of your ass Louisville Slugger.

I just don't think we should be spending a second rounder on a RB. I'd much prefer to wait till the fourth or fifth. I could live with us taking one in the third. I believe we have much more important needs and better value available at other positions besides running back in the first three rounds.

Gunner I get that he played in a zone blocking scheme, but I'm pretty sure shannahan prefers a bigger power back. I guess I worded that wrong, I think he is a poor fit for our zone blocking scheme.

Sankey can be a good player but he looks like a dime a dozen back. He does a lot of good things well but he doesn't do anything great. He has good vision and is shifty in small places, but he looks more like a platoon guy or 3rd down guy. He reminds me of a slightly bigger Kendall Hunter

Archived