THE BROWNS BOARD

Uniformz?

MLD Woody

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c'mon, really?

the team name is the BROWNS and you're saying drop the color brown?

that's like saying the indians should change their logo to a chimp. dumb. makes no sense in the design world or in the world of reality.

No, I'm not saying to drop the color brown from the uniform. I'm just saying the color brown isn't appealing to most people. You even heard Pettine mention the colors as a reason his daughter was pissed that he got hired by Cleveland. I don't have a problem with the current unis, and I think the modern trends are pretty bad. If it's anything like Tampa, I'll puke.

No, I'm not saying to drop the color brown from the uniform. I'm just saying the color brown isn't appealing to most people. You even heard Pettine mention the colors as a reason his daughter was pissed that he got hired by Cleveland. I don't have a problem with the current unis, and I think the modern trends are pretty bad. If it's anything like Tampa, I'll puke.

They can keep it without using it as the primary color for merchandise. Merchandise wise just use grey/silver white orange and a bit of brown and it's fine.

It's when there's a brown background with other colors being the foreground where it looks silly. Brown is a good color when utilized correctly (brown jersey on top of white pants looks great).

Note to PGizz: Yes, I am fully aware that Paul Brown "didn't want the team named after him". Ergo, the wink wink, nudge nudge.

The founder of the team essentially, Paul Brown that is, says the team is named after Joe Louis.

God forbid that he be thought so vain that the team be named after him. (But, of course...he was so vain as to have the team named after him...he just didn't want to appear to be that way).

Ergo, the "controversy" over the origin of the Browns name: Paul Brown? Joe Louis? The color Brown? (Recally there was the long time MLB team the St. Louis Browns who existed at the time....but who did not move to become the Baltimore Orioles until the mid-50s)

This whole time I thought it was because of Jim Brown

Here is what I believe the owner of this team should do: Come out with a pronouncement that the Cleveland Browns name IS hereafter officially to be in honor of Paul Brown and Jim Brown. Then build statues of them outside the stadium.

That would resolve any controversy....and would keep alive the memory of these important individuals to the franchises history.

(on whether or not to include Joe Louis...since he is a claimant to the Browns name, I guess we can talk.)

Anyone disagree with this?

Stooler fans think we're named after something else brown, and the way we've played the last 18yrs sort of helps their point.

Here is what I believe the owner of this team should do: Come out with a pronouncement that the Cleveland Browns name IS hereafter officially to be in honor of Paul Brown and Jim Brown. Then build statues of them outside the stadium.

That would resolve any controversy....and would keep alive the memory of these important individuals to the franchises history.

(on whether or not to include Joe Louis...since he is a claimant to the Browns name, I guess we can talk.)

Anyone disagree with this?

agreed, but drop the whole Louis thing since I believe it was used as an excuse to name it after Paul anyways, and that would include a bit of a racial undertone (Brown bomber was a nickname coming from Louis' skin color).

Some here won't be happy until they rename the team the Unicorns with gray uniforms with rainbow stripes with pink accents

Nike would be very happy to change the look every year so the uniform fags would rush out and buy new stuff on an annual basis.

I knew the second Nike got the uniform contract they were going to try and give the entire NFL the look of the Oregon Ducks. As I've said, there's plenty of other teams- Green Bay, the Raiders- who haven't hardly changed at all in over 40 years. Obviously the fashion police can't leave well enough alone. Win some games, and it won't matter what you're wearing.

Note to PGizz: Yes, I am fully aware that Paul Brown "didn't want the team named after him". Ergo, the wink wink, nudge nudge.

The founder of the team essentially, Paul Brown that is, says the team is named after Joe Louis.

God forbid that he be thought so vain that the team be named after him. (But, of course...he was so vain as to have the team named after him...he just didn't want to appear to be that way).

Ergo, the "controversy" over the origin of the Browns name: Paul Brown? Joe Louis? The color Brown? (Recally there was the long time MLB team the St. Louis Browns who existed at the time....but who did not move to become the Baltimore Orioles until the mid-50s)

So...the browns moved to Baltimore twice?

The only REAL reason for the uniform change is about $$$. As soon as Haslam bought the team...Cleveland Browns Stadium was no more, now First Energy Stadium. (Which btw is gay, beyond Dom DeLuise gay.) But I get it. The NFL is a business. And that's what this whole uniform change is about: selling more merchandise. Teenage girls who want to be fashionable Browns fans...their money is as good as the classic blue-collar worker that is a life-long Browns fan. Chances are they'll both buy new jerseys, hats, and whatever else. Win-win.

I think it's natural to be somewhat mistrustful or suspicious of billionaires. I think Arthur McBride was somewhat similar to a Haslam, don't you? I think that it's about time history repeats itself. I'm ready for the Browns to become winners and champions now. Maybe Pettine can be the new Paul Brown and bring back a better way of doing things around here.

Manufacturers consider several factors when sales slump. Repackaging often leads to an increase in sales revenues while changing the image of the product.

The Browns have not been slumping at the gate but I suspect haz feels like he is leaving some money on the table when it comes to sales of Browns apparel and other

merchandise. If his goal is a wholesale overhaul of everything Browns, the uniforms must be an important consideration. The change will occurr sooner than later.

"Necessity is the mother of invention."

Yy066vc.jpg

Mock up from a guy who knew the supposed insider. The insider described the numbers as smoke columns, but I think he's got smoke columns confused with smokestacks, because this looks like Cartoon Network. I'd like to see another mock-up thrown together with normal looking numbers. The orange is good color. Replace the orange pants with brown. Keep the original helmet, and I could be okay with this.

glad to know our color scheme has changed from brown orange and white

to brown orange and silver grey.

the # font is comical.

some fags should just stay away from photoshop.

That's not a bad design, excluding the ridiculous number set.

That toes the line between modern and classic. I'd like to see it with brown pants, however.

That's not a bad design, excluding the ridiculous number set.

That toes the line between modern and classic. I'd like to see it with brown pants, however.

exactly if you exclude the number font.

where's the brown stripe/stroke on the helmet as it is on the sleeves, which is a mainstay of the classic browns helmet?

where's the brown stripe/stroke on the helmet as it is on the sleeves, which is a mainstay of the classic browns helmet?

Right. It's not supposed to change according to Haslam. Or did he not say it quite that way? I can't recall. Maybe just that it would be orange with no logo.

Too much orange. And I don't care for the numbers either. Other than that, my first thoughts are I don't hate it.

Yy066vc.jpg

Mock up from a guy who knew the supposed insider. The insider described the numbers as smoke columns, but I think he's got smoke columns confused with smokestacks, because this looks like Cartoon Network. I'd like to see another mock-up thrown together with normal looking numbers. The orange is good color. Replace the orange pants with brown. Keep the original helmet, and I could be okay with this.

These would be the ugliest uniforms in the league. I think we have the nicest Jerseys now and I'm not sure why we want to change.

Archived