THE BROWNS BOARD

Mack stays with Browns

darren15

I worked in Anchorage last summer and talked to a lot of people from the midwest. They said that the Anchorage winters weren't as bad due to the low humidity. Anchorage is right on the water and they had a more mild winter than Northeast Ohio. You wanna talk cold move inland a bit: Fairbanks Alaska, that's fucking cold.

Yeah, I know. Been there many times. Summer in Anchorage is like April or October in Ohio. Winter? Go north of the Chugach, and welcome to -40. 24 hours of summer daylight is pretty cool too.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as soon as it hits 45 degrees here i've got my shorts on and a hoodie.

spring and fall, my 2 fave seasons. fuck the heat.

you can always put more clothes on..........but never take off enough.

Nathan-fillion-naked-and-confident.gif

Again, I liked playing in the cold.

Yes the hits hurt more, and the football is harder to handle but that's why I liked it.

My guess is a lot of defensive guys like it, and offensive lineman. The skill positions would rather play in 50-60-70s probably.

I don't think these players really care much tbh. Especially not at the NFL level. The cold weather teams don't seem to have a problem winning (patriots, packers, steelers, etc.)

Right. And you remember that because it was an anomaly. I've been to early season games in Charlotte, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Miami, I've experienced one game where I was sweating my ass off and the rest where the weather was damn near perfect. I've also been to games in Baltimore and Pittsburgh, and one was cold as fuck while the other was in Pittsburgh.

As for Gip's "pussy" and "gay" comments...you're an old man who has repeatedly admitted to not playing football. A dickless punter is still twelve times the man you are. Can it with the "pussy" talk already.

This notion of "real men play in the cold" is about as antiquated as "a woman's rightful place is in the kitchen" or "children are to be seen and not heard". It's something a bunch of sackless, overweight, chauvinistic, racist old white men came up with while wearing cotton gym shorts and spraying their front yards with a hose.

That's cool that you looked that up, and I agree Tampa is hot as shit in September. That's also 3-4 games per year. What about the other 12-13?

You are the one whining about not wanting to play in a little cold weather. What would any objective person believe about that?

That you are a whiner.

And as far as game being really cold in the north....at most you get maybe 2-3 a year that are played in weather under like 40 degrees. Probably fewer than you get played down south in 80-90 degrees.

This is as far as the argument needs to go.

I played baseball and basketball in HS, not football.....organized.

:confirmation:

I played football up through like 8th grade....organized. I wasn't built for the game.....and I have a zipper on my knee to prove it.

How many of you here have played?

Ever hear an interview of NFL players? Some of them are the least knowledgeable people about football out there.

I played football up through like 8th grade....organized. I wasn't built for the game.....and I have a zipper on my knee to prove it.

Ever hear an interview of NFL players? Some of them are the least knowledgeable people about football out there.

But the argument at hand isn't about knowing about football. It's not about intelligence. It's about climate preferences.

And I'm not saying that I don't want to play in cold weather. I'm saying that, given the choice, I would choose warm weather. As would anyone else.

All other variables aside, Mack chooses Jacksonville over Cleveland ten times out of ten.

But the argument at hand isn't about knowing about football. It's not about intelligence. It's about climate preferences.

One has nothing to do with the other.

And I'm not saying that I don't want to play in cold weather. I'm saying that, given the choice, I would choose warm weather. As would anyone else.

Again, yes, sure, anyone would rather play in 60 degree weather than in 20 degree weather....but more would rather play in 20 degree weather than in 90 degree weather....if they are intelligent that is.

At 20 degrees all you get is cold. At 90 degrees you can suffer heat stroke or worse. Ask Korey Stringer....oh, you can't, because he died of the heat.

You have never heard of a football player dieing of the cold.

All other variables aside, Mack chooses Jacksonville over Cleveland ten times out of ten.

Mack chose where the money was.

And you are otherwise wrong as well. My secretary, who also happens to be my niece was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale. She has now chosen to make NE Ohio her home.

I played in HS and was a 2 yr starter at Mount Union.

I really hated the 2 a days in late July & August due to the heat and leg cramps.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Again, yes, sure, anyone would rather play in 60 degree weather than in 20 degree weather....but more would rather play in 20 degree weather than in 90 degree weather....if they are intelligent that is.

At 20 degrees all you get is cold. At 90 degrees you can suffer heat stroke or worse. Ask Korey Stringer....oh, you can't, because he died of the heat.

You have never heard of a football player dieing of the cold.

Mack chose where the money was.

And you are otherwise wrong as well. My secretary, who also happens to be my niece was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale. She has now chosen to make NE Ohio her home.

Mack didn't choose Cleveland. He was drafted here, refused to sign an extension here and then transition tagged here. He chose to sign with Jacksonville, and then we matched the contract.

He's never chosen Cleveland willingly.

Mack didn't choose Cleveland. He was drafted here, refused to sign an extension here and then transition tagged here. He chose to sign with Jacksonville, and then we matched the contract.

He knew when he signed the contract from Jax he was essentially signing here. He used them to get a massive contract that had options he wanted and we refused to give. If he truly wanted out, he woulda taken the 10 mill and been unrestricted next year.

He knew when he signed the contract from Jax he was essentially signing here. He used them to get a massive contract that had options he wanted and we refused to give. If he truly wanted out, he woulda taken the 10 mill and been unrestricted next year.

He'll be able to walk in two years regardless. At least there was a chance he could get out now.

Mack's agent went out to negotiate the biggest money deal he could get. He didn't really care where it came f rom: Cleveland, Jacksonville, Ushuaia, Point Barrow. And if Mack didn't want to stay here it didn't have a cabbage fart to do with the weather...but with the organizational instability.

Mack's agent went out to negotiate the biggest money deal he could get. He didn't really care where it came f rom: Cleveland, Jacksonville, Ushuaia, Point Barrow. And if Mack didn't want to stay here it didn't have a cabbage fart to do with the weather...but with the organizational instability.

Prove it, then.

I'll wait.

Prove it, then.

I'll wait.

He said he was happy and joyful to be back in Cleveland. I can only take him by his word.

Beyond that, the proof is in the big money contract he signed. Is not like Jax is any better of a football destination than Cleveland. They have done as bad as the Browns over the last decade. He didn't sign with the Pats, Giant, Steelers, or any other team that has won a bunch the last decade.

It was all about the Benjamins.

There it is, read it.

He said he was happy and joyful to be back in Cleveland. I can only take him by his word.

Beyond that, the proof is in the big money contract he signed. Is not like Jax is any better of a football destination than Cleveland. They have done as bad as the Browns over the last decade. He didn't sign with the Pats, Giant, Steelers, or any other team that has won a bunch the last decade.

It was all about the Benjamins.

There it is, read it.

Exactly. He didn't choose to go anywhere with a winning tradition. He chose a place with a great climate, with the same tradition of losing as Cleveland. Therefore, he doesn't give two shits about the organizational instability.

If it was all about the Benjamins, he would have taken the $10 million this year, which is more than double what he's earning now, and gone somewhere else. He would still have gotten a large contract, being that he's young and one of the top centers in the league.

Exactly. He didn't choose to go anywhere with a winning tradition. He chose a place with a great climate, with the same tradition of losing as Cleveland. Therefore, he doesn't give two shits about the organizational instability.

NO, he signed with the place that gave him the money....money.

If it was all about the Benjamins, he would have taken the $10 million this year, which is more than double what he's earning now, and gone somewhere else. He would still have gotten a large contract, being that he's young and one of the top centers in the league.

He and his agent were looking for a long term deal, not a one year deal. He may have still gotten a large contract....or he may have come down with LeCharles Bentley disease and gotten just a one year deal. He took the security of the 5 year deal.

NO, he signed with the place that gave him the money....money.

He and his agent were looking for a long term deal, not a one year deal. He may have still gotten a large contract....or he may have come down with LeCharles Bentley disease and gotten just a one year deal. He took the security of the 5 year deal.

If it were truly all about the Benjamins, as you say, he would have taken the $10 million. No player who's looking for only cash could conceivably pass up $10 million for one year of work.

Especially a young center at the top of his game.

He chose the place who offered him the most money and who had the better climate. And he'll choose them again when this contract is up.

If it were truly all about the Benjamins, as you say, he would have taken the $10 million. No player who's looking for only cash could conceivably pass up $10 million for one year of work.

Especially a young center at the top of his game.

He chose the place who offered him the most money and who had the better climate. And he'll choose them again when this contract is up.

The ten million was in the bag for him, he didn't have to pass it up. He was looking for a long term deal. Yea, he "passed up" 10 million.....for 9 million this year, 9 million the following year, 8 million the next year....and whatever beyond that.

He wasn't negotiating for a location to play, he was negotiating for a contract. He got the contract and said: Jacksonville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Green Bay, Fairbanks....I don't care, Show me the money.

Archived