THE BROWNS BOARD

Mack stays with Browns

darren15

I'm still trying to figure out this "insult"

You come here and tell us to "eat shit" with the very first post.... "eat shit" for what? Having a thread on your site talking about our views on the Mack situation?.... What the hell are you talking about?

On a side note, it was pretty funny reading through your insults toward us.... I really like the guy that jokes about bottles being thrown on the field.... then you look over at his Avatar picture.... hahahaha. Thats a true jags fan there!

Thanks for the laugh Jagsfan95. Do all you Jags fans have your own number? You have to be up to like 150 fans by now at least, right?

I don't get it either.

Eat shit because we used Jacksonville to negotiate Mack's contract? Or eat shit because they can't say "potty"words on their site and he feels like he is being all badass by saying "shit"?

The link just goes to a bunch of rednecks, I assume the last 8 or 9 Jaguars fans left, making Cleveland jokes.

The Modell and Lebron jokes are hilarious and timely, Cooter makes the most of his 30 minutes that Daisy Mae grants him on the old Gateway PC with the dial-up connection once the chickens are fed and the Mullet is washed.

Zombo

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's one of the best centers in the league and it would behoove us to have him for another season. However at a ridiculous price is probably not worth it. If Jacksonville wants to cripple themselves with a centers salary good luck.

he seems like the kind of guy who just does it for the money anyway. He doesn't seem like he cares much about football, and that's his own personal decision. Might as well make the most money you can.

WSS

I don't get it either.

Eat shit because we used Jacksonville to negotiate Mack's contract? Or eat shit because they can't say "potty"words on their site and he feels like he is being all badass by saying "shit"?

The link just goes to a bunch of rednecks, I assume the last 8 or 9 Jaguars fans left, making Cleveland jokes.

The Modell and Lebron jokes are hilarious and timely, Cooter makes the most of his 30 minutes that Daisy Mae grants him on the old Gateway PC with the dial-up connection once the chickens are fed and the Mullet is washed.

Zombo

Zombo....how ignorant of you.... you know full well they don't wash those Mullets.

lol at grown men arguing here like a bunch of little females about other grown men who dont care a bit about you or the city they play in.

Yea, that is what a sports talk forum is. Grown men and women talking/arguing about richer than sin players who don't give a shit about the fans.

Welcome to motherfucking America.

Yea, that is what a sports talk forum is. Grown men and women talking/arguing about richer than sin players who don't give a shit about the fans.

Welcome to motherfucking America.

Gip,

Don't be such a fucking potty mouth! There might be some Faguar fans lurking.

The way I see it, why not match? Its not our money, and the salary cap isnt a problem. If Jimmy is ok with it, Im ok with it. As long as it gives us an out after next year, itll buy us a year to find a replacement, and another year to groom him. Us Browns fans gotta get used to an owner who doesnt give two shits about giving away millions of dollars. Obviously he wanted to spend more in free agency anyways, but couldn't get the guys they wanted. As long as it doesnt effect the future, go ahead Jimmy, pay the man.

I wouldnt match it for 2 reasons!

1) SCREW MACK who wants him here he made ovious he dont want be a brown so screw him.

2) i dont think hes as important as alot think id be more worried getting gordon cameron haden signed long term

the quote i heard from haslam, although i don't know when he said it, was that he plans on mack being a cleveland brown for years to come.

all i know is he's not doing himself any favors with the fans of the browns.

like i said a while ago, it'll take a lot of ass kissing to get back in my good graces.

the quote i heard from haslam, although i don't know when he said it, was that he plans on mack being a cleveland brown for years to come.

like i said a while ago, it'll take a lot of ass kissing to get back in my good graces.

Please, between the upcoming draft, contract extensions, mini camps, training camps and all of the pre season hype do you really think anyone will give two craps about the one month period during a contract negotiation when there was chat about "sources saying Alex Mack doesn't want to be in Cleveland" - doubt it.

Let's say the browns match, (which no one knows details, because he has not signed the offer sheet yet) Mack will come out with a statement (not his agent or through sources) that says how happy he is to play out his career with the Browns and how impressed he was with the new front office and especially the coaching staff. He will go on and on about it being a business and how at the end of the day he got what he wanted all along, a long term deal with the Cleveland Browns. Whether that is true or not, everyone will chill out because we now have a pro bowl center for the next 5 years...

that being said if he goes to Jacksonville screw him

GO BROWNS

Everyone gets there panties up in a bunch if a player looks else where. It is so fucking stupid. This is professional football. How many FA turned down offers from their teams and looked else where? How come everytime it is a Browns player they are the most hated person in the world. OUR team was the one who put a tender on him instead of offering him a deal. We had all offseason before the deadline to offer him one and we didn't. He WANTS a long term deal. Never is there a direct quote from Mack saying he wants to sign with a proven winner. NOT ANYWHERE. He wants to get a long term deal that makes him one of the highest paid centers in the league because he is one of the best centers in the league. Because of the tender put on him, this is the route he has to take in order to get that long term deal. If he signed the tender he would either have to sign a long term deal without seeing what he could make else where with other teams, or risk playing another season and suffering a bad injury that would drive down his price come next offseason. This is his best option. He is going to sign a deal with the Jags that will make him a lot of money and give the Browns the ability to match said deal. Do you really think he prefers the Jags over the Browns? No! But he wants to make what he thinks he is worth and he still wants the option to test the FA market eventually so he isn't going to sign anything that doesn't let him void the contract after one or two seasons.

This is perfect for Mack. If he likes where he ends up, be it the Browns or Jags, he gets to be the highest paid center in the league for the next 2-3 seasons. If he doesn't like where he ends up he can leave after two seasons and sign where he likes. That doesn't make him a cunt, it doesn't make him a dick, it doesn't make him a pussy. Your all forgetting that this is the same guy who played the week after having major surgery to get his appendix removed. The same guy who has started every single game for the Browns since he was drafted, regardless of injury and regardless of illness. God forbid he weighs his options in the only way we have allowed him to in order to seek a long term deal.

Everyone gets there panties up in a bunch if a player looks else where. It is so fucking stupid. This is professional football. How many FA turned down offers from their teams and looked else where? How come everytime it is a Browns player they are the most hated person in the world. OUR team was the one who put a tender on him instead of offering him a deal. We had all offseason before the deadline to offer him one and we didn't. He WANTS a long term deal. Never is there a direct quote from Mack saying he wants to sign with a proven winner. NOT ANYWHERE. He wants to get a long term deal that makes him one of the highest paid centers in the league because he is one of the best centers in the league. Because of the tender put on him, this is the route he has to take in order to get that long term deal. If he signed the tender he would either have to sign a long term deal without seeing what he could make else where with other teams, or risk playing another season and suffering a bad injury that would drive down his price come next offseason. This is his best option. He is going to sign a deal with the Jags that will make him a lot of money and give the Browns the ability to match said deal. Do you really think he prefers the Jags over the Browns? No! But he wants to make what he thinks he is worth and he still wants the option to test the FA market eventually so he isn't going to sign anything that doesn't let him void the contract after one or two seasons.

This is perfect for Mack. If he likes where he ends up, be it the Browns or Jags, he gets to be the highest paid center in the league for the next 2-3 seasons. If he doesn't like where he ends up he can leave after two seasons and sign where he likes. That doesn't make him a cunt, it doesn't make him a dick, it doesn't make him a pussy. Your all forgetting that this is the same guy who played the week after having major surgery to get his appendix removed. The same guy who has started every single game for the Browns since he was drafted, regardless of injury and regardless of illness. God forbid he weighs his options in the only way we have allowed him to in order to seek a long term deal.

After this rant, it seems that it is you that most of all has his panties in a bunch over this situation....one way or another.

Please, between the upcoming draft, contract extensions, mini camps, training camps and all of the pre season hype do you really think anyone will give two craps about the one month period during a contract negotiation when there was chat about "sources saying Alex Mack doesn't want to be in Cleveland" - doubt it.

Let's say the browns match, (which no one knows details, because he has not signed the offer sheet yet) Mack will come out with a statement (not his agent or through sources) that says how happy he is to play out his career with the Browns and how impressed he was with the new front office and especially the coaching staff. He will go on and on about it being a business and how at the end of the day he got what he wanted all along, a long term deal with the Cleveland Browns. Whether that is true or not, everyone will chill out because we now have a pro bowl center for the next 5 years...

that being said if he goes to Jacksonville screw him

GO BROWNS

You mean if the Browns don't match the offer fuck Mack? Cause that is his fault how? If the Browns wanted to lock him up they should have either A) offered him a long term deal after the season was over, which they never did, or franchise tag him and work out a long term deal. They used a transition tag allowing him to force a long term deal in his favor. They could have signed him for 7-8 million a year easy, but they didn't cause they kept sitting on their hands.

After this rant, it seems that it is you that most of all has his panties in a bunch over this situation....one way or another.

I just don't understand. Not every good person we draft is going to remain with the team for ever. The prerogative of the player is to make as much money as possible before his body can't play anymore. It's not like he is taken less money to play else where. He is just doing what the Browns have allowed him to do. I'm not going to hate a good player that gave our team everything he had while he was hear because the Browns sat on their hands and let him slip through the fingers. The Browns are going to have a chance to keep him. They will have to drastically over pay in order to do it, but they still have that option. If he leaves it's their fault not Macks.

I'll say this...O line is a part of the game that is predicated on continuity. With that being said...if Mack walks...I like our chances better with rookie linemen because they have a clean slate. They're more likely to be receptive to change and their bad habits are easier to correct it may also make the gelling process easier. Now as far as no 4 is concerned...I think our needs go deeper than O Line. A quarterback that holds the ball too long, can't read a defense (before and after the snap), and isn't prepared to play makes an O Line look ineffective. A receiver that can't catch the ball negates the hard work of the O Line. An indecisive runner makes the O Line look bad as well. Before I ramble it'd be best to go skill position with at least the first three picks then worry about O Line.

You mean if the Browns don't match the offer fuck Mack? Cause that is his fault how? If the Browns wanted to lock him up they should have either A) offered him a long term deal after the season was over, which they never did, or franchise tag him and work out a long term deal. They used a transition tag allowing him to force a long term deal in his favor. They could have signed him for 7-8 million a year easy, but they didn't cause they kept sitting on their hands.

Nope, just if the browns don't match the Jags contract he is no longer a brown, than who cares. I am all about people maximizing their compensation/situation - I would not hate the guy, nor would I cheer for the guy -

looks to be a mute point anyways the offer sheet details are coming up now and there is no way the browns do not match.

Details on the offer sheet :

5 yr $42 million with $18 mil over first 2 years with a player option (team can not tag either) after year 2.

IMO opinion this is the deal Mack wanted to do with the Browns because he can opt out in year two if there are more changes like he experienced in his rookie contract with us. If the Browns turn it around, no reason - exercise player option in which his contract will still be favorable.

With that being accurate, the Browns will match. I am still not happy about the way he & his agent went about this, but if he puts out 100% with a good attitude, I'm ok with it. If not, I'm hoping Pettine "evaluates" him & benches his ass.

Truth of the matter is,I guess I have to adjust my thinking. I am an old super loyal, super patriotic traditionalist. The times may have passed me by, but I'll cling to my old fashioned, outdated values until I'm planted in Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery. Those values are a large part of why my jersey of choice sports #73.

Mike

Has anyone asked why Mack does not want to be here? It isn't for lack of money. Is it because he is tired of losing?

If that is the case does he think he is going to a winner if he signs with the Jags?

Or does he not want the cold weather? Is he that big of a pussy? The Browns season is usually done before the really bad weather of Jan/Feb. hit here. He can be sitting in sunny southern California during the bad season here if he wants.

Maybe he just doesn't like you.

;)

Maybe he just wants the best deal he can get.....I don't blame him there. Who knows??

As fans, our hearts get in the way of making the best decision. Players aren't fans for the most part

or ass whoopin

You were expecting his agent to play nice and keep negotiating after the Browns turned down a similar deal he was seeking?

Jerry Maguire was a fictional character, those real life dudes are after their cash flow my man!

From a business standpoint, Macks agent played it perfectly. He probably leaked the Mack isn't interested in staying in Cleveland to gain steam with other teams. JAX bit, now he gets his deal with Browns.

Yeah, Jax was the ONLY team that bit on that "brilliant" agents' bullshit. Truth be known, his theatrics probably cost other suitors & cost his client (Mack) money in the long run. Sounds to me like he took about what the Browns had offered before & created some bad PR in the process. I don't think he played it perfectly at all.....I think he shit in his own drawers.

Mike

Bottom line: Banner fucked up by not getting an extension done last year.

Farmer just got him locked up for two years, instead of the one year had we franchised him .

We are headed in the right direction with Farmer and Pettine, boys.

Z

Bottom line: Banner fucked up by not getting an extension done last year.

Farmer just got him locked up for two years, instead of the one year had we franchised him .

We are headed in the right direction with Farmer and Pettine, boys.

Z

I agree. What a difference!! Farmer/Pettine as opposed to Banner/Lombardi.....WORLDS apart to the plus side.

Mike

Ode to the Browns.. By DooDoo Brown..

Ode to those Brownies, they're such a cheery crowd,

Their women have bigger bulges, because they're more endowed.

They piss and whine and moan, and eventually start to scream.

Until one morning came, and Art done took the team.

"Why take the team???", the brownies said with a sigh,

Art said, "The dog shit is everywhere, it makes me want to cry"..

In the stands and in their hearts, the browns will remain,

Until they get flushed like the browns they are.. Signed, King James..

I shed a tear over this one guys.. Enjoy :)

Ode to the Browns.. By DooDoo Brown..
Ode to those Brownies, they're such a cheery crowd,
Their women have bigger bulges, because they're more endowed.
They piss and whine and moan, and eventually start to scream.
Until one morning came, and Art done took the team.
"Why take the team???", the brownies said with a sigh,
Art said, "The dog shit is everywhere, it makes me want to cry"..
In the stands and in their hearts, the browns will remain,
Until they get flushed like the browns they are.. Signed, King James..
I shed a tear over this one guys.. Enjoy :)

Wow. Did you write that one yourself, asshat? Genius.

On topic: Gotta feel as though this means that Mack is coming back. Those terms are perfect for him and good for the Browns as well. If Farmer passes, I'm going to be upset.

Maybe you didn't hear- the Browns FO flew out to California to hear what Mack wanted before they transition tagged him. Apparently Mack wanted more- a lot more. That's his prerogative, but his agent was a class A dick the way it went down. Why weren't more teams interested? Because there were damn few teams with the cap room and the need- to pay a center $10 million plus this season. As said elsewhere blame cheap ass Banner for landing us in this mess. He should have been working on extending Mack last year.

With that being accurate, the Browns will match. I am still not happy about the way he & his agent went about this, but if he puts out 100% with a good attitude, I'm ok with it. If not, I'm hoping Pettine "evaluates" him & benches his ass.

Truth of the matter is,I guess I have to adjust my thinking. I am an old super loyal, super patriotic traditionalist. The times may have passed me by, but I'll cling to my old fashioned, outdated values until I'm planted in Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery. Those values are a large part of why my jersey of choice sports #73.

Mike

Of course the Browns will match. They were already willing to pay Mack $10 million this year, they get a second year discount. That's still a ton to be paying a center.

Archived