THE BROWNS BOARD

Mack stays with Browns

darren15

I've said it all along, I want players on this team that WANT to be here. And he doesn't. While it would create a big hole, let the fucker walk.

Move Greco to center, move Schwartz to RG, draft a LG & RT, or something to that effect.

Just bring in dudes who WANT to wear the Orange, give their all for the team, and help bring the city the Super Bowl that the fans are so hungry for, and that they truly deserve.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a lot of money for a Center. What would be the drop off from Mack at center to Greco, who is already signed to a modest contract?

The best part about resigning Mack is securing the position for years and not having to use one of our top picks on an interior lineman.

I think Mack's agent is using the Jags as a stooge to drive the price up ... But we are going to match whatever they come up ... Otherwise we would have put the Franchise tag on him and at least gotten compensation if someone signed him to a ridiculous contract.

I do agree with Harry- a front loaded contract isn't a problem for the Browns this season. Might be down the road if it blows up the salary structure. and if he doesn't want to be here- well, Phil Dawson didn't either.

Z

I'm not positive the Browns would match if the contract is insanely front loaded. Every player does have his price. But if the Browns have been in serious negotiations and Mack's agent has turned down their offers- it brings into question if Mack really does want to be in Cleveland. One thing for sure, however this shakes out- Mack is going to wind up being the highest paid center in the league.

I'm not positive the Browns would match if the contract is insanely front loaded. Every player does have his price. But if the Browns have been in serious negotiations and Mack's agent has turned down their offers- it brings into question if Mack really does want to be in Cleveland. One thing for sure, however this shakes out- Mack is going to wind up being the highest paid center in the league.

and if that means he ends up back here, one of the most scrutinized and disliked players in cleveland.

he'll have to seriously kiss some ass to get back in my good graces. they'll be lots of explaining to do.

looks like the browns would match a front loaded contract as reported on nfl.com/ For some reason I can't post links.

Here ya go:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000339657/article/report-browns-would-match-22m-offer-for-alex-mack

"The point of this theoretical exercise is this: It will be nearly impossible for the Jaguars, or any other team, to construct a contract the Browns wouldn't match. The only way to do that is to give him an out-of-this-world deal. No right-minded general manager (which we believe Caldwell certainly is) should overpay a center, even one as good as Mack."

Really- as the article states, should the Browns just resign him they're going to be paying him $10 million this year anyway. $22 million over three years makes him the highest paid center, but on average it's not crazy, if you ignore the first year.

This is a lot of money for a Center. What would be the drop off from Mack at center to Greco, who is already signed to a modest contract?

The best part about resigning Mack is securing the position for years and not having to use one of our top picks on an interior lineman.

I think Mack's agent is using the Jags as a stooge to drive the price up ... But we are going to match whatever they come up ... Otherwise we would have put the Franchise tag on him and at least gotten compensation if someone signed him to a ridiculous contract.

Z

I don't know Z....the franchise tag costs a lot and it takes players way bigger than Mack to get teams to make the deal and drop 2 first round picks. We'd have been stuck paying him 12 mil a year and nobody willing to take him for picks, and no more clarity on his future then we have now.

Reports are we have been talking to his agent all the while with no results. I doubt we are low balling the guy and his agent knows the score, he isn't stupid. He knows what good money for a center is.....IMO Mack has given him the marching orders to get him out of Cleveland.

The Browns offer can't be any worse than what some of the other top centers have been signing for.......my opinion is the guy won't sign a deal with us unless it is a tag type, 1 year contract. The guy bolts at the first chance.

I say let him go if we have made a legit attempt to sign him, which I think we have.

I don't know how eager I'd be to Marry a girl if I had to talk her in to it.

The cost of Mack is included in the current cap space. If Mack goes then the cap space increases about 10kk.

Edit note:

Ballpeen, I think Mack wants out too. I also think for Mack to tell the visiting FO 'NO', the Transition tag was a fallback/'avoid anyone being embarrassed' position. I hope the Jags or someone makes an offer. I won't be surprised if the Browns don't match it.

how long are these guys on the market for? until training camp? regular season start? could he 'hold out' and do a revis where he won't play until he gets what he wants?

The middle of fuckin' July on the transition tag. Mack can hold up the show that long. Tell me Farmer and the boys don't have a plan B. It's probably operational as we speak.

We for surely will be drafting a center. I hope he does sign with Jville, and I hope they suck very badly. They did beat us this year, so I guess they do have that going for them.

We for surely will be drafting a center. I hope he does sign with Jville, and I hope they suck very badly. They did beat us this year, so I guess they do have that going for them.

The Jags are the same joke they've always been. The current Browns are a new animal. We'll learn how badass that animal is this coming season. I'm speculatin' the Browns will be pretty badass.

Let him go & IF he stays, he deserves to be the most hated & boo'd SOB in NE Ohio!

I'm also sure he wants to play elsewhere, then he should grow some balls & SAY so like a man. Stop the charades. He can shove his chicken shit games up his ass.

These guys have said they want a new, winning culture in Cleveland. I just hope he signs a deal elsewhere that we DON'T match. If we do, trade him asap to a dung heap.

I honestly believe that, as talented as he may be, he'll be a detriment to the cohesiveness of our OL.

Mike

I personally dont want him back no matter the salary!! Im sick of whiny ass players. I want players that want to be here. I dont think hes such a important piece he cant be relaced.

I think its time the browns tell him FUCK YOU MACK!

Let him go & IF he stays, he deserves to be the most hated & boo'd SOB in NE Ohio!

I'm also sure he wants to play elsewhere, then he should grow some balls & SAY so like a man. Stop the charades. He can shove his chicken shit games up his ass.

These guys have said they want a new, winning culture in Cleveland. I just hope he signs a deal elsewhere that we DON'T match. If we do, trade him asap to a dung heap.

I honestly believe that, as talented as he may be, he'll be a detriment to the cohesiveness of our OL.

Mike

I don't know if the Browns can do a restructure and trade- if he wants out, best for the Browns. If he can't get a deal done with the Jags, I say keep him for a year, gives us time to find a replacement. Any other team wants him they're going to be seriously overpaying for a center.

$10 million should keep him happy this season- that's $3 million more than any other center is making. Hey, if the Browns do turn it around this year, maybe he'd change his mind.

I agree with 'Peen to an extent- if he doesn't want to be here after the Browns have (obviously) made him a very fair offer- adios. We're not going to beg you to stick around.

I don't know if the Browns can do a restructure and trade- if he wants out, best for the Browns. If he can't get a deal done with the Jags,

No, they can't. He isn't under a contract to restructure. The best we could do is have Macks agent find a team that wants him and would be willing to give us a pick....then Mack would have to sign his teander with us, and then we trade him to said team and he restructures with them. That doesn't make a a lot of sense for team Mack, or the team wanting him, so I don't see that happening. We either match any offer he gets or let him walk....or he doesn't get a offer and he plays for us under the tag amount this season, then does this again next season.

Has anyone asked why Mack does not want to be here? It isn't for lack of money. Is it because he is tired of losing?

If that is the case does he think he is going to a winner if he signs with the Jags?

Or does he not want the cold weather? Is he that big of a pussy? The Browns season is usually done before the really bad weather of Jan/Feb. hit here. He can be sitting in sunny southern California during the bad season here if he wants.

No, they can't. He isn't under a contract to restructure. The best we could do is have Macks agent find a team that wants him and would be willing to give us a pick....then Mack would have to sign his teander with us, and then we trade him to said team and he restructures with them. That doesn't make a a lot of sense for team Mack, or the team wanting him, so I don't see that happening. We either match any offer he gets or let him walk....or he doesn't get a offer and he plays for us under the tag amount this season, then does this again next season.

Thanks for the info Peen- if we're stuck with him for a year under the tender, as I've said, at least it buys us time to find a replacement.

& Really, what other team this year is going to pay Mack at least $3 million more this year than any other center is making, and offer him a long term deal on top of it? I just don't see it- do you? I think his agent is blowing smoke up Mack's ass if he think he can land Alex a contract the Browns can't match.

Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?

Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.

(is that even permissible). Then we get #3, #4, and #26.

Somewhere, we could find an adequate center.

Be curious to see what the deal looks like if/when signed and what the guaranteed money is. It what have to be something after yr 1 that would cause some sort of issue I would think, because the browns have more money than the Jags to spend this yr.

Nothing on what those terms would be. Would the Jags really pay him more than the 10+ mill the Browns are offering?

Or, how about this: The Browns match the deal, then later make a trade with Jax for the first round pick.

Not yet, just a bunch of speculation so who knows...

There is not much precedent for sign and trades in the NFL - nor would it really make sense for the Jags, my guess is we can expect to see a heavy first two years with a player option on the second year...This ties up cap money for this and next year the browns want to use on extending core players...core players jacksonville does not have...

I'm not why it wouldn't be permissible unless the deal the Jax makes includes a no-trade clause of some sort.

So why exactly is everyone freaking out and pissed at Mack? Because his contract ran up and he decided to look elsewhere? That's how the business works. I'm not seeing what's so completely awful about it. I'm not seeking why he is some SOB that deserves all this hatred.

Even references to Lebron from the butt hurt Cavs fans that STILL have sand in their vag.

Archived