THE BROWNS BOARD

game of thrones

ramsay's is going to be a death for the ages IMO.

brienne will lop his flippin head from his shoulders and i'm gonna laugh my ass off.

I think Roose kind of hopes he gets himself killed raiding Stannis' camp with '20 good men' - which would be lovely, but not a fittingly horrendous death for someone so evil.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Roose kind of hopes he gets himself killed raiding Stannis' camp with '20 good men' - which would be lovely, but not a fittingly horrendous death for someone so evil.

ramsay's is going to be a death for the ages IMO.

brienne will lop his flippin head from his shoulders and i'm gonna laugh my ass off.

112964-Ramsay-Snow-if-you-think-this-YxL

• 2 weeks later...

haven't read the books so the jon snow thing at the end really pissed me off. now i wish the night's watch nothing but doom especially the friggin kid who was supposed to be his protege'. dragon queen…... looks as though it will be a long train ride for her. can't stand cersei (how about the rocking bod though?) but i'm pulling for the giant guard to start rippin nun's heads off.

Look mellisandre showed up at castle black before the end of the episode so there's no way jon snow legit dies

R+L=J? Azor Ahai? Yeah, I can't see Jon Snow not coming back. Like Sam said - '"he always comes back"

Even though he's officially announced he's left the show, as have HBO. Maybe he's taking a year out like Bran, or maybe they filmed a load of sneaky scenes for next year while filming season 5?

Speaking of Bran, I hope he comes back and does something useful, like throwing magic grenades...

http://images.rapgenius.com/50fda5c4286d72d7ca173708c3d79310.700x391x64.gif

Anyone have any idea why Martin gave up on this series? Seems like he was writing constantly and then hit a wall.

I'd imagine that the incredible amount of money had something to do with this.

WSS

Book or tv series?

Books. I've heard he's already given the people at HBO license to go where they want with the story line, which tells me there's nothing new forthcoming and not much interest in writing it.

WSS

He was never really writing at full steam ahead after the first few books - 96, 98 and 200. Then a feast for crows took 5 years, dance with dragons took 6 years, and we've been waiting around 4 years for the next, so not out of the ordinary. I expect it next year or the year after.

He's told the show writers how it ends, and given them a bit of creative licence for them to get there, but I think there are some important milestones in there. Like, Tyrion takes a lot longer trying to get to Dany, and hasn't yet in the books, spends a long time as a slave. In the end, I'm sure he'll get there (and ride a dragon? another story), but he already has in the books. So I think there are plenty of meetings/events that are key and need to be 'hit' in the show, but they have licence to go differently on the other bits.

Books. I've heard he's already given the people at HBO license to go where they want with the story line, which tells me there's nothing new forthcoming and not much interest in writing it.

WSS

My understanding is that he has the basic plot all outlined, but is taking his time "fleshing things out". The next book is supposed to come in some time next year.

I have not seen the show this season....but from some comments on here I am wondering why they are jumping from where most of the events that occurred last season were from the latter part of book 3, to where now they are depicting things from book 5 ....and beyond!

Is HBO being impatient about the story lines?

My understanding is that he has the basic plot all outlined, but is taking his time "fleshing things out". The next book is supposed to come in some time next year.

I have not seen the show this season....but from some comments on here I am wondering why they are jumping from where most of the events that occurred last season were from the latter part of book 3, to where now they are depicting things from book 5 ....and beyond!

Is HBO being impatient about the story lines?

Do you think they're being impatient or are they just cutting superfluous unnecessary characters and storyline that are essentially just filler and won't add anything to the story on film and will only serve to further dilute the overall product and confuse and piss off the core audience who doesn't want to suffer through hours of pointless characters. Less is more. What good are stone heart and the brotherhood without banners and jingle bell and shit? How many seasons of filler are people going to commit to?

Do you think they're being impatient or are they just cutting superfluous unnecessary characters and storyline that are essentially just filler and won't add anything to the story on film and will only serve to further dilute the overall product and confuse and piss off the core audience who doesn't want to suffer through hours of pointless characters. Less is more. What good are stone heart and the brotherhood without banners and jingle bell and shit? How many seasons of filler are people going to commit to?

Pointless characters like Jingle Bells, sure. But "Stone Heart" is in fact Katlyn Stark, the mother of all those children....and I don't think it is superfluous whether the children are to eventually be reunited with their mother. And because I have not seen the new season, I am assuming the whole Iron Islands story line is not being dealt with? But, of course, in the books it was the Iron Islanders who were the ones to invade Slaver's Bay and fight that battle....which is only happening at the end of book 5.

Did they deal with the death of Baylon Greyjoy? With the struggle for succession between Asha/Victarion/Aaron.....which led to the fleet to go to Slaver's Bay?

Did they deal with Kevin Lannister being named the Hand? With Jaime leaving Cersei to go back to the Riverlands?

Did they deal with Sansa's "unwilling engagement" to Harold Hardyng? And with Arya's arrival and training in the temple in Bravos? Did they deal with Sam being sent away by Jon with Gilly and Maester Aemon to Oldtown?

Did they deal with Tyrion's flight through Essos?

These are all the main storylines of the 4th book....but based on hints I am seeing, they basically threw the 4th book out.

Some Fifth book events were actually dealt with in the 4th season shows: The capture of Moat Cailin by Ramsey. Bran reaching the Weirwood tree plus other things.

I know who lady stone heart is and it's a pointless character to the story. George Martin stands accused and is guilty of literary masturbation. That's why they're passing these silly characters up. Why there is no cold hands, stoneheart, jingle bell etc. It's just not necessary.

I love how this show is cruel, unforgiving, and kills off major players

only show i can think of in recent to do the same is 'the walking dead'.

And cersei was hot as fuck naked I don't care who you are

'they' are saying it was a body double with her head implanted atop using CGI.

like to see what the body double looks like now.

I know who lady stone heart is and it's a pointless character to the story. George Martin stands accused and is guilty of literary masturbation. That's why they're passing these silly characters up. Why there is no cold hands, stoneheart, jingle bell etc. It's just not necessary.

Lady Catelyn is Catelyn Stark, not Catelyn Jenner. Again, that family is central to the entire saga.....I don't see her as pointless.

Pointless characters like Jingle Bells, sure. But "Stone Heart" is in fact Katlyn Stark, the mother of all those children....and I don't think it is superfluous whether the children are to eventually be reunited with their mother. And because I have not seen the new season, I am assuming the whole Iron Islands story line is not being dealt with? But, of course, in the books it was the Iron Islanders who were the ones to invade Slaver's Bay and fight that battle....which is only happening at the end of book 5.

Did they deal with the death of Baylon Greyjoy? No With the struggle for succession between Asha/Victarion/Aaron.....which led to the fleet to go to Slaver's Bay? No

Did they deal with Kevin Lannister being named the Hand? Upcoming I think, S6 With Jaime leaving Cersei to go back to the Riverlands? No

Did they deal with Sansa's "unwilling engagement" to Harold Hardyng? No And with Arya's arrival and training in the temple in Bravos? YES! Did they deal with Sam being sent away by Jon with Gilly and Maester Aemon to Oldtown? He requested to leave

Did they deal with Tyrion's flight through Essos? No - he gets kidnapped by Jorah, they get kidnapped by slavers, Tyrion gets free, meets Dany, Jorah gets exiled again, comes back again...

These are all the main storylines of the 4th book....but based on hints I am seeing, they basically threw the 4th book out.

Some Fifth book events were actually dealt with in the 4th season shows: The capture of Moat Cailin by Ramsey. Bran reaching the Weirwood tree plus other things.

Bear in mind also that book 4 and most of book 5 were supposed to be happening simultaneously, though, so things from book 5 could well happen in the tv show before things from book 4.

Lady Catelyn is Catelyn Stark, not Catelyn Jenner. Again, that family is central to the entire saga.....I don't see her as pointless.

She's not reunited with her kids in the book. She's not doing anything to move the story along except killing freys who are not essential to anything.

She's not reunited with her kids in the book. She's not doing anything to move the story along except killing freys who are not essential to anything.

Not yet, no. But she was reunited with Brienne of Tarth. That duel that happened in the show at the end of season 4 between Brienne and The Hound, while it did not occurr in the book, still was OK.....but after that Brienne had to go somewhere. (did they write her out of season 5?). In the book, she ended up finding Catelyn. That is where the books end to this point....but presumably they may carry on together in search of her children.

Not yet, no. But she was reunited with Brienne of Tarth. That duel that happened in the show at the end of season 4 between Brienne and The Hound, while it did not occurr in the book, still was OK.....but after that Brienne had to go somewhere. (did they write her out of season 5?). In the book, she ended up finding Catelyn. That is where the books end to this point....but presumably they may carry on together in search of her children.

Brienne tries to find Sansa. She succeeds, but is told to shoo. She hangs around Winterfell - because Sansa is marrying Ramsay Bolton (!) - and eventually, when Stannis marches on Winterfell, Brienne kills Stannis for his assassination of Renly.

Archived