THE BROWNS BOARD

game of thrones

I need a magnifying glass to read some books as they make the print as small as on the back of a medicine bottle. :D

If it's a genuine problem, maybe an eReader of some description might be worth the $99 investment?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heaven forbid anyone ever actually read something, or try to get any culture in general.

yeah i know chris. just because i've read my fill of books and have decided my path in life makes me devoid of culture.

you wouldn't know culture if it hit you in your soccer loving face. red coat.

i don't take anything that seriously, especially a fantasy based tv series. it's hard enough to keep up with who are the good guys vs. the bad, let alone all their names and past harrowing events.

dragons, kings, midgets..............it's like farmer trying to weed out the browns first pick.

Game of Thrones is essentially a combination of The Sopranos/Godfather, Shakespeare, Lord of the Rings and others combined, The Tudors, etc. It is its complexity that can both be the atttribute of it plus its downfall. So many characters and thread lines to follow make it good...and irritating at the same time. It is not so bad with the TV series. It is worse when you read it.

I need a magnifying glass to read some books as they make the print as small as on the back of a medicine bottle. :D

I have been looking for books in the Large Print section of the Library. Right now I have the large print version of Master and Commander....the Capt. Jack Aubrey series by Patrick O'Brien.

With Joeffry dead, I wonder who will become the most powerful person in Westeros?

I also want to know what happened to the hooker that Tywin sent packing and how Cersi will react in the long run.

Same person as before - Tywin Lannister is the most powerful person in Westeros. Cersei continues as queen regent, like she was until Joffrey came of age/got married, now that Tommen is king. Cersei still, though, answers to her dad.

With Joeffry dead, I wonder who will become the most powerful person in Westeros?

Even before Joffrey died, Tywin Lannister was the most powerful person

I also want to know what happened to the hooker that Tywin sent packing

You will find out soon I expect where he sent her packing off to....I will just tell you, it wasn't very far.

and how Cersi will react in the long run.

She will want to rule if not reign. That has always been her goal.

• 1 month later...

thought i knew (didn't read the books) but never saw the end coming of this amazing episode.

the way people produce these books into movies now befuddles me sometimes. one week it will be only about one character and their setting, much like in the walking dead. they do the same thing. the next week you'll get a smidgen of this and a smidgen of that. we all knew that this was a momentous episode to decide the fate of the midget son, yet they spent 5 minutes on it (what a great 5 mins it was). typical tv tactic to get everyone excited and then guess what? there's only 2 episodes left.

go fuck yourself HBO.

thought i knew (didn't read the books) but never saw the end coming of this amazing episode.

the way people produce these books into movies now befuddles me sometimes. one week it will be only about one character and their setting, much like in the walking dead. they do the same thing. the next week you'll get a smidgen of this and a smidgen of that. we all knew that this was a momentous episode to decide the fate of the midget son, yet they spent 5 minutes on it (what a great 5 mins it was). typical tv tactic to get everyone excited and then guess what? there's only 2 episodes left.

go fuck yourself HBO.

To be fair, there was a momentous moment in episode 2 of this season when Joffrey died, setting up the whole Tyrion trial thing.

• 10 months later...

Last nights episode was pretty slow.

It will be interesting to find out who's plotting against The Mother of Dragons.

Cersei looks tired and powerless.

The imp is a full time alcoholic.

It's going to be fun watching the war between Roose Bolton and Stannis Baratheon.

giphy.gif

Have you read the books?

SPOILER ALERT:

I do note that in season 4 of the tv series, which is based mostly on the latter half of the third book, they however include some scenes in it that come from the fifth book. In fact from the book the storyline of some of the characters has been concluded in the tv series....at least from what is written so far. The finding of the "three eyed raven" and the children of the forest was from that 5th book. Bran, Hodor etc. should now disappear from the tv show altogether at this point.

The books follow huge story lines that occur in Dorne, and on the Iron Islands which have not yet been treated by the show.

And the tv show has not yet shown the death of Balon Greyjoy....who in the books died before Joffrey/Tywin and even Robb Stark.

And, in the books, Gwen of Tarth, who is looking for Sansa does find a Stark family member...but not the one she was looking for....in fact, it is one thought deceased. (remember what happened to Beric Dondarrion?)

I don't believe lady stone heart will appear in the show at all.

Well, the question is what role will she play in the upcoming books. Certain things that are changed in the tv shows from the books are OK. e.g. it was not Gwen of Tarth that killed the Hound....just some random road thugs.....but that duel worked for the show.

Eliminating entire important story lines however.....just isn't right.

Also, the end of season 4 seem to imply that Varys went on the boat to Essos with Tyrion. That can't happen as he has important plot lines that are to be played out in Westeros.

Well the thing us the show will quickly outpace Martin's books. Like it or not the show is going to spoil the ending. With dany on the throne.

The show has slowed down. The last two seasons essentially covered book 3. ...plus some of what was in the later books. Books 4 and 5 for the most part have not been covered yet, and a new 6th book is supposed to be forthcoming at some point in the first part of 2016.

I don't know to what extent this new series will go into the 4th book. Although I guess if they are going to completely ignore the Iron Islands storyline the show will certainly go faster.

I am sure she will.

I think Emilia Clark said no more nudity...could be wrong.

Spoilers

I heard a rumor that they may be giving parts of Lady Stoneheart to Sansa(but I have no idea how they will adjust Briene's story) also the Young Griff is not in this season(more than likely cut) the stuff about the Iron isles was boring in the book and I am guessing Victoran and Euron are both getting cut...but I hope they don't remove Yara(Asha).

I think Emilia Clark said no more nudity...could be wrong.

Why would she hold the line now? Is she like engaged and her fiance saying no?

Spoilers

I heard a rumor that they may be giving parts of Lady Stoneheart to Sansa(but I have no idea how they will adjust Briene's story) also the Young Griff is not in this season(more than likely cut) the stuff about the Iron isles was boring in the book and I am guessing Victoran and Euron are both getting cut...but I hope they don't remove Yara(Asha).

Except the thing is, the battle of Slaver's Bay is a result of the invasion by the Iron Born....so who is that battle supposed to be against?

And if she is going down....she can go down fighting (are booties allowed here?)

Emilia-Clarke-Ass.jpg

Archived