THE BROWNS BOARD

Who's gonna go see Draft Day?

Adoug319

Saw it tonight with 40+ Browns Backers. It was a lot of fun, but no spoilers from me ... Just see it ... Pays homage to Cleveland and what is to be a Browns fan ... And Jim Brown and Bernie made the final scene. We were cheering the whole through, lots of fun. And Jennifer Garner's bush was a lot more untamed than I would have imagined.

Z

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Z, DAMN DAT BUSH WACK!

I wager that Garner shows nothing more than perhaps a sexy lingerie shot. I do not believe that she has ever even showed her tits in any movie.

There's a distant shot of her in the shower, but you don't even know if it's her. Could be body double.

As for the film, while it has its Hollywoodized moments, and a couple of unbelievable plot points, it's still a good flick in my opinion.

off topic again:

White Castle ( The WC Steakhouse) opened it's first restaurant in Witchita, Kansas in 1922.

Current HQ in CBUS where they also have a manufacturing entity that constructs components for their unique style stores.

"In jan 2014 Time labelled the WC slider as the most influential burger of all time."

off topic again:

White Castle ( The WC Steakhouse) opened it's first restaurant in Witchita, Kansas in 1922.

Current HQ in CBUS where they also have a manufacturing entity that constructs components for their unique style stores.

"In jan 2014 Time labelled the WC slider as the most influential burger of all time."

we call them belly bombers. eat 3 or 4 of them on top of an afternoon of drinking and open the bomb bay doors.

They could have shoved Buffalo in that spot (a team that appears in the film) and used the Seahawks else where.

Funny you would say that.

The initial script had the movie based on the Buffalo Bills.

Saw it tonight with 40+ Browns Backers. It was a lot of fun, but no spoilers from me ... Just see it ... Pays homage to Cleveland and what is to be a Browns fan ... And Jim Brown and Bernie made the final scene. We were cheering the whole through, lots of fun. And Jennifer Garner's bush was a lot more untamed than I would have imagined.

Z

Did you think her eyes look a bit wonkie during the scene where she is staring into the mirror?

Funny you would say that.

The initial script had the movie based on the Buffalo Bills.

Ya I know which would have made even more sense. I'm assuming it came down to a state tax thing where Washington cost less to film in for a few shots than it cost to film in NY.

off topic again:

we call them belly bombers. eat 3 or 4 of them on top of an afternoon of drinking and open the bomb bay doors.

:) You have to be seriously drunk to eat them, they are tasty in that mental state.

I thought it was an average movie. It didn't really build a real emotional attachment for me even though I'm a Browns fan.

Spoiler alert:

Biggest disappointment: They couldn't even show the Browns winning a single game the next season! Even in the movies we can't win! :(

I thought it was an average movie. It didn't really build a real emotional attachment for me even though I'm a Browns fan.

Spoiler alert:

Biggest disappointment: They couldn't even show the Browns winning a single game the next season! Even in the movies we can't win! :(

Well, it was just a bit unrealistic:

SPOILER ALERT

No NFL team is going to trade 3 first round picks in a row. No NFL team is going to trade 3 second round picks for a #6 overall. And no team is going to trade back 3 first round picks to move up one slot.

I mean, just like Noah....there had to some forced, unreal drama in it to make it entertaining.

Maybe one day a team will actually allow like a Hard Knocks style documentary to be made about their Draft Day maneuverings....including letting someone in on what they really think of various players that are on the board.

I hear the movie is tanking pretty bad...or maybe it is doing right what it ought to be doing. Oculus, Rio2, Captain America did better.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Of course one is a horror movie, the other a kids movie, one a superhero movie. Those genres always do better than sports movie.

In fact, per IMDB, here are the all time rankings of sports movies amongst the Top 600 grossing movies of all time:

#76 The Blind Side

#226 The Waterboy

#234 The Longest Yard

#247 Jerry McGuire

#263 Talladaga Nights

#396 Rocky III

#408 Seabuiscuit

#428 Blades of Glory (???)

#434 Rocky

#449 The Karate Kid ???

#452 Dodgeball

#496 A League of Their Own

And that is it...one sports movie, sort of (though it is far more of a human interest story) in the Top 200.

NONE of the "great" sports movies over the year are even really on this list.

No Field of Dreams, no The Natural, no Pride of the Yankees etc. etc. etc.

Sports movies just don't do as well as Superhero blockbusters, kids movies etc.

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross

i did enjoy the shots of the stadiums whenever a team was introduced.

loved seeing Jim Brown, Bernie, Phil Taylor, Ward and Mack in all of it mostly.

anyone love the radio show montage near the beginning showing the browns leaving in 99?
also I loved the Joe Montana "John Candy" story in the 89 SB

Gardner wasnt as horrible/annoying as I had thought she would be

Denis Leary should be our assitant HC to Pettine

I also enjoyed seeing the bucks and badgers, and the game film scenes were cool when Costner breaks down Bo callahans negatives against pressure

i did enjoy the shots of the stadiums whenever a team was introduced.

loved seeing Jim Brown, Bernie, Phil Taylor, Ward and Mack in all of it mostly.

anyone love the radio show montage near the beginning showing the browns leaving in 99?

also I loved the Joe Montana "John Candy" story in the 89 SB

Gardner wasnt as horrible/annoying as I had thought she would be

Denis Leary should be our assitant HC to Pettine

But I hate when these movie makers get things wrong. Leary says "In Dallas we win" and he shows a Super Bowl ring. They don't win in Dallas, anyone associated with their last Super Bowl is long retired. Leary, being a Boston guy should have at least insisted on his character being formerly associated with the Patriots, not the Cowboys.

well gip, Sonny Weaver and his son didnt coach here, and jr didnt fire his own dad cuz his mom wanted him to bla bla bla that was all "Hollywood Schmaltz" and I didnt care for them making up a fake history for the Browns just to have a dramatic aestethic for the story.

BUT i loved the editing, the scenes moving back and forth, with characters walking from one screen to another, that was pretty cool.

Im guessing you saw it Gip?

well gip, Sonny Weaver and his son didnt coach here, and jr didnt fire his own dad cuz his mom wanted him to bla bla bla that was all "Hollywood Schmaltz" and I didnt care for them making up a fake history for the Browns just to have a dramatic aestethic for the story.

BUT i loved the editing, the scenes moving back and forth, with characters walking from one screen to another, that was pretty cool.

Im guessing you saw it Gip?

Sure, there is some fiction...but you can only go so far. :P

But, yes, I did like the stadium scenes, and the characters walking into other characters who were a thousand miles away.

I mean, just like Noah....there had to some forced, unreal drama in it to make it entertaining.

Maybe one day a team will actually allow like a Hard Knocks style documentary to be made about their Draft Day maneuverings....including letting someone in on what they really think of various players that are on the board.

Without doing a spoiler- it's the movies, not real life- I agree some of the stuff in the film would never, ever happen in real life. Incidentally for those that haven't seen it NFL.com said it was originally going to be the Jets as the team that wanted to trade up, and the Browns (of course) had the #1 overall. NY turned it down because of the fragile state of Sanchez.

PS, I thought the film was OK, not great- the flyovers of the stadiums were neat though.

(Spoilers!!!!!!). Loved the way it was shot/edited, and the story was real strong for the most part. Costner did an awesome job, Ellen did an awesome job, Leary was awesome! Puff daddy shouldn't of played an agent (wasn't believable at all), and why the hell was Terry Crews the father of Arian Foster? I can't take Crews seriously.... He's too goofy to play a role like that and he sucked in the NFL. This films downfall was the subpar side story with Jennifer Garner. Bish can't act her way out of a paper box, her dialogue/delivery was horrible, and it was the most cliche bullshit side story I've ever seen. They could of at least showed some cleavage as well.... But no, they didn't. And frodo didn't come off as funny, (but annoying). But aside from that, it's a good movie. Not an amazing movie, not a great movie, but a decent flick! And I loved seeing kosar, and Jim brown in it only for a minute. Too bad that slimy weasel Joe Banner found a way to sneak on set. Grade - B-

Archived