THE BROWNS BOARD

Two lesbians arrested for torturing children

3 children found starving, 1 chained to floor in California home

Published March 22, 2014

Associated Press

• charges660.jpg

These mugshots show Christian Jessica Deanda, left, and Erica Dawn Craig, right, who are accused of starving three children.

SALINAS, CALIF. – Three starving children -- including one who was chained to the floor to prevent her from getting food -- were found last month in the squalid home of a Northern California couple, authorities said.

All three -- two boys and a girl -- were taken into protective custody, and one was hospitalized, Monterey County Sheriff Scott Miller said Friday.

Authorities discovered them in the Salinas, Calif., home on March 14 after two of the young people missed appointments, according to several published reports.

"It was a particularly heinous case," Miller told the Monterey Herald. The children had "hardly eaten for months."

The boys are 3 and 5 years old, and the girl is 8, authorities said, and they all exhibited bruises and signs of other physical as well as emotional abuse.

The girl, who appeared to have suffered the most extreme abuse, was chained to the floor to prevent her from getting any food, they said.

"It seems that the little girl was the major target of this abuse," Miller continued, adding that she looked "like a concentration camp victim."

The girl was in the hospital for about five days, he said, and seemed "traumatized."

There was evidence that she was may have been put in the closet as well as that she was sometimes shackled at the ankle and at other times by a collar around her neck, Miller said.

Eraca Dwan Craig, 31, and Christian Jessica Deana, 44, were both arrested at the scene on suspicion of felony child cruelty, false imprisonment and other charges.

The women, who are domestic partners, do not appear to have criminal records in Monterey County. They were both arraigned in Monterey County Court on Tuesday and are scheduled for a preliminary hearing on March 28.

Authorities said the women seemed to be making preparations to leave before they were arrested.

Investigators found little food inside the home, which was cluttered and dirty, according to reports.

The girl and the older boy were adopted children, and the younger boy is the biological son of one of the women, Miller said.

Most dykes are dog ugly.

some are but not most. I live next door to 2 gay women. 1 is ugly, 1 isn't.

They have friends come over and it's about 50/50 on their looks. So to say MOST are ugly isn't correct

Don't Erie Dawg seriously. He is literally the first guy here that will "insult" someone by calling them gay or attack someone for being gay. Pretty sure he is in the closet. In denial and uses insults to fight it.

My step brother is gay and was the biggest homophobe I knew. Guy acted like everyone should have been surprised when the Archie Bunker of gay hating ended up being gay.

So gay = more apt to torture kids? My years of working with fucked up kids doesn't point in that direction.

no not really what I was getting at. I was saying Mental illness IS higher in homosexuals.

You may have worked with a ton of kids, thats great BTW, but if 4% of the population is gay and a quatrer of that have kids the chances of you coming across a case like this are slim to all most zero.

Don't Erie Dawg seriously. He is literally the first guy here that will "insult" someone by calling them gay or attack someone for being gay. Pretty sure he is in the closet. In denial and uses insults to fight it.

Your telling me Im the first to insult... I can pick 100's of posts from 1 poster alone that you insult so save your breath. unless you actually want to add something that adds to the disscussion just stay silent bitch.

No, you missed the point there bud. It is OK, we'll get again. It is not that you insult, I insult others on here too (you can only listen to speak much until you speak your mind).

The point was you always jump to the gay insults. You always attack gays wherever you can. Always. That is the point. You do it at such a high and consistent level that it would not be surprising if you were hiding something....

Also, are you saying you "contributed" to this thread in any way? That's laughable

no not really what I was getting at. I was saying Mental illness IS higher in homosexuals.

You may have worked with a ton of kids, thats great BTW, but if 4% of the population is gay and a quatrer of that have kids the chances of you coming across a case like this are slim to all most zero.

I can tell you at least 10 stories off hand of kids I had to deal with who were tortured by their parents. Not spanked. Like chained and raped. Kept in dog cages. The parents were straight and married in every case. If I wanted to sit down I know I could remember more.

Gay people are no more likely to be mental than any one else.

Did you read through all of the stuff you listed? I don't think you did. I did.

Only one of the links you put up wasn't either a) a link from a weird anti-gay site (it had a damn link about the dangers of fisting) B) linked to short incomplete studies that got mangled by the rest of the psych community.

The one that wasn't total horse shit just said that gays are slightly more prone to "non-pathological mental illness" like depression and anxiety.

Don't recall any of the research saying they are slightly more prone to torturing kids.

I can tell you at least 10 stories off hand of kids I had to deal with who were tortured by their parents. Not spanked. Like chained and raped. Kept in dog cages. The parents were straight and married in every case. If I wanted to sit down I know I could remember more.

again thats not what I was saying, not sure why you keep bringing it up?

Gay people are no more likely to be mental than any one else.

umm yeah they are, and its a fairly easy search if you take the couple seconds to look.

Here is just 1 of many http://psychcentral.com/lib/higher-risk-of-mental-health-problems-for-homosexuals/0006527

umm yeah they are, and its a fairly easy search if you take the couple seconds to look.

Here is just 1 of many http://psychcentral.com/lib/higher-risk-of-mental-health-problems-for-homosexuals/0006527

Do you actually read what you post? That article lists a bunch of fairly common mental issues that are typically found in all populations that face discrimination on a routine basis. None of those are the sort of mental disorders that typically lead to torturing children.

What is really sad about this whole post is that all of you made it about two lesbians. The story is about three children, ages 3, 5 and 8 that were abused and nearly starved to death, but not one comment about them. I for one don't care what the sexual preference of the two at fault is, it is irrelevant, but I would like to see them get the same treatment those defenseless children got.....and much worse.

Archived