THE BROWNS BOARD

2009 strength of schedule

ballpeen

Speaking on this subject, me and a friend (a dirty Steelers fan) were talking about this years strength of schedule and of course all he ever talks about is how the Steelers had the toughest schedule. I keep trying to tell him that was before the season started and Im sure the Browns schedule was harder than the Steelers (sadly because the Browns had to play the Steelers when the Steelers had to play the Browns) anyone know if a website has like an after season report on who had the toughest schedule? Just trying to win an arguement.

Actually Zombo...this is what Rich was yammering about...and BuckeyeDawg very clearly identified that it was due to the head to head games. And yet Rich told him he was wrong.

So, unless Rich has some OTHER explanation...he is TOTALLY off base.

Actually Zombo...this is what Rich was yammering about...and BuckeyeDawg very clearly identified that it was due to the head to head games. And yet Rich told him he was wrong.

Gotcha.

I should read the whole thread before I jump into the fray.

Zombo

--I wish we played all of our away games in Florida

His only explanation will be that he is correct if you change the rules :)

Couldn't we come up with a better strength of schedule scale?

Like...

Assign a point value to each teams W/L record.

16-0 = 16

15-1 = 15

ect.

Add a teams opponents records' point totals together and divide by 16.

?

Guest Masters
You are correct NE was not a playoff team even at 11-5. I was testing the board. I suspected that your stalking me would soon find the transgression. So what else is the issue?

and your aside on the Steelers vs Browns is a non issue......bucause if you want to compare their schedules you delete those games. I did that and you conveniently as usual used a half a loaf of bread......no wait.........a a grain of bread in the big pixxture...........oh wwell

and once again genius you show your complete devoid abilty to do simple math..............the Browns and Steelers played twelve games against common opponents and two against different opponents. A push occured with the SD and Denver games

and ah yes .............the Steelers gained a more formidable four wins by opponents by playing NE while we played Buff.

I understand you are mathematically deficient, and I understand your hard on for me goes through your chin...........

but geez you again just made an arse of yourself.........by attempting to again make 2+2=6

finally one of the slug teams you just used to justify your false claims both...........was the Steelers thumping the Browns huge and the Steelers being a playoff team.....you cannot use the whipping boyz miserable results against another team to compare schedules.........U MUST USE ALL OTHER FOES..........and you again used the dismal Browns to justify the Steelers played an easier schedule..........too ah funny

you again try to have it bof ways.......they suck but we will count the for shit record of the Browns against the Steelers and credit the Browns for losing to the Super Bowl Champs........frigging totally mindlessly hilarious

I am sure this post zoomed in the ether way over the head of many fine brownsboard members........and I am sure it accomplished that as well with you otherwise your asinine challenges would never have occurred

too bad....GO BROWNS

Sure you were challanging the board :rolleyes:

Way to bring class Rich.

If you want to use fuzy math and logic, have at it. But by your logic of only going by common oponenents and throwing out the non-comon (you already said that several posts ago), then they played the same schedule strength.

God, I hate to say this ... but Rich is right.

If you take two teams and say "we played a tougher schedule", you have to take the two head-to-head matchups out of the equation, which leaves Pittsburgh +4 with the tougher schedule.

It just doesn't mean much though. Strength of schedule is such an over-rated statistic. Everybody in your division plays a similar schedule. Just win your division and you host a playoff game ... it's that easy.

Zombo

Good take Zombo we do occasionally agree................sad as that statement is................!!!!!!!!!

oops upon further review yu went stupid with a dumbfuquge heard.........oh my

OOPS UPON FURTHER REVIEW OF the IDIOTS HERE............AND YOU SUPPOSEDLY RECLAIMING MY EXACTOMUNDO CORRECOTMUNDO ALL ACCURATE POSTS HERE IN THIS THREAD AND THE ABSOLUTE IDIOT DENIAL OF THE TRUTH AS ESPOUSED BY DUMBASSES HERE WHO HAVE NO CONCEPT OF MATH AND REALITY...........WELL i jUST SAY AGAIN

BROWNS FANS ARE THE COMPLETELY THE DUMBEST ON THE PLANET EXCEPT FOR ME AND A FEW OTHERS...........I REMAIN ASHAMED TO BE PART OF THE DUMBEST MOFOS ON EARTH PROVEN AGAIN HERE IN THIS DUMBFUAQUING THREAD WHEN FACTS AND REALITY HAVE BEEN OVERWHELMED WITH MORE ABSOLUTE COMPLETE STUPIDITY

AND IT IS WHAT IT IS

btw BOYZ AND ALL DE ASSHOLES............my math is absolutely 100% accurate as is my statements about schedule............the first step to winning is to pluck your head outta yourass and recognize reality

BTW Ada I am absolutely correct.........the NFL is based on absolute records any idiot knows that...........but to determine who really played the hardest schedule between the Browns and Steelers you can use the absymal record of the Browns to make their schedule harder than the Steelers only a complete absolute dumbass would do that and here we are

I await the members whose head is not stuck uptheriass to recognize every word I stated on this thread is what reality is........instead of some fantasy horshelot about making losing into winning

Bottom line is we stank like shit big time and all the SEwage lovers need to eat shit and man up................meanwhile lets hope we get real management for the first time since 1994

I remain absolutely dumbounded the stupidity and absolute failure to do due diligence and understand facts is either disregarded or too substantial to be evaluated by what appears again to be the dumbest football people on the planet who have participated in this thread...........hilarious!

Also I just pulled this quote from the NFL's explanation of how they select draft order....

"In the NFL, a team's strength of schedule is the combined records of its 16 opponents,including games played against the team in question, and counting divisional opponents twice."

BTW Ada I am absolutely correct.........the NFL is based on absolute records any idiot knows that...........but to determine who really played the hardest schedule between the Browns and Steelers you can use the absymal record of the Browns to make their schedule harder than the Steelers only a complete absolute dumbass would do that and here we are

Rich, while your argument does make some intuitive sense, and the Steelers' schedule was easier based on the fact that we stink, you have been proven to be 100% incorrectumundo by Adam and the boys here, and the rules/calculations as defined by the NFL.

I just wish someone had the sack to bet you that 25 large.

Bottom line is we stank like shit big time and all the SEwage lovers need to eat shit and man up................meanwhile lets hope we get real management for the first time since 1994

Ahh, and the requisite dig.

Get some bawls my boy and defeat my argument....so far crybaby asswipes like yu have made every excuse why losing is cool.....or just be another loser whining .......which is now Browns mantra.........god I hate dumbshits whining why losing is GOOD

Guest ATENEARS
Good take Zombo we do occasionally agree................sad as that statement is................!!!!!!!!!

OOPS UPON FURTHER REVIEW OF the IDIOTS HERE............AND YOU SUPPOSEDLY RECLAIMING MY EXACTOMUNDO CORRECOTMUNDO ALL ACCURATE POSTS HERE IN THIS THREAD AND THE ABSOLUTE IDIOT DENIAL OF THE TRUTH AS ESPOUSED BY DUMBASSES HERE WHO HAVE NO CONCEPT OF MATH AND REALITY...........WELL i jUST SAY AGAIN

BROWNS FANS ARE THE COMPLETELY THE DUMBEST ON THE PLANET EXCEPT FOR ME AND A FEW OTHERS...........I REMAIN ASHAMED TO BE PART OF THE DUMBEST MOFOS ON EARTH PROVEN AGAIN HERE IN THIS DUMBFUAQUING THREAD WHEN FACTS AND REALITY HAVE BEEN OVERWHELMED WITH MORE ABSOLUTE COMPLETE STUPIDITY

AND IT IS WHAT IT IS

btw BOYZ AND ALL DE ASSHOLES............my math is absolutely 100% accurate as is my statements about schedule............the first step to winning is to pluck your head outta yourass and recognize reality

I await the members whose head is not stuck uptheriass to recognize every word I stated on this thread is what reality is........instead of some fantasy horshelot about making losing into winning

I remain absolutely dumbounded the stupidity and absolute failure to do due diligence and understand facts is either disregarded or too substantial to be evaluated by what appears again to be the dumbest football people on the planet who have participated in this thread...........hilarious!

I vouch for Rich, he doesn't mean anything negative by all the name calling above, it's really us that down him and we should be ashamed. Shame on all you hater's, ya pricks.

Hail Rich.

Guest ATENEARS
Get some bawls my boy and defeat my argument....so far crybaby asswipes like yu have made every excuse why losing is cool.....or just be another loser whining .......which is now Browns mantra.........god I hate dumbshits whining why losing is GOOD

Rich, I'm sorry that we provoke you to call the rest of us names. I think it's obvious that we provoke you with our stupidity ... thanks for holding back, I'd hate for this to be a two-sided mud slinging contest, it is much more acceptable if it's just lobbed from your end.

Please carry on, sir.

AND IT IS WHAT IT IS

Wow.

Just ... wow.

Zombo

--I wonder how he'll take the news that we are doing Fantasy Baseball without him again.

Also I just pulled this quote from the NFL's explanation of how they select draft order....

"In the NFL, a team's strength of schedule is the combined records of its 16 opponents,including games played against the team in question, and counting divisional opponents twice."

I don't know why you're making this so difficult. I'll copy and paste Adam's response a few more times if this isn't sufficient.

In the NFL, a team's strength of schedule is the combined records of its 16 opponents,including games played against the team in question, and counting divisional opponents twice.

In the NFL, a team's strength of schedule is the combined records of its 16 opponents,including games played against the team in question, and counting divisional opponents twice.

PS Thank you for the kind words.

I don't know why you're making this so difficult. I'll copy and paste Adam's response a few more times if this isn't sufficient.

PS Thank you for the kind words.

keep reality deep buried in your denial......this again represents losers hating realitty...........admit it

keep reality deep buried in your denial......this again represents losers hating realitty...........admit it

Hey, it isn't my opinion on the subject, it's the NFL's. If you can't grasp this, take it up with them.

Rich... this isn't one of your psychiatric sessions. This is football. I agree with you that a lot of Browns fans accept and embrace mediocrity. What do you consider reality, anyway? Your version and the rest of ours seems to be quite different.

Archived