THE BROWNS BOARD

One Shoe Drops

Chicopee John

From the Los Angeles Times

Daschle withdraws nomination to be secretary of Health and Human Services

Associated Press 12:53 PM EST, February 3, 2009

WASHINGTON - Tom Daschle has withdrawn his nomination to be Health and Human Services secretary.

That's according to a joint White House statement from President Barack Obama and his former nominee.

Obama said today he accepted the withdrawal "with sadness and regret."

Daschle has been battling for his nomination since it was disclosed he failed to pay more than $120,000 in taxes.

He said he's withdrawing because he's not a leader who has the full faith of Congress and will be a distraction.

Seriously guys, a bad thing happened in America today, regardless of which side you root for (yes, this shit has become sports).

Daschle will just be replaced with a less-knowledgeable guy who is just as big a crook. We lose.

Seriously guys, a bad thing happened in America today, regardless of which side you root for (yes, this shit has become sports).

Daschle will just be replaced with a less-knowledgeable guy who is just as big a crook. We lose.

Or maybe someone with some Integrity

Suddenly, which side you root for isn't important Mike. What caused this eppiphany (sp) for you? It wasn't the last election, was it?

I don't think 'we' lose at all. Daschle railed and railed against people who did not pay their tax obligations. Guess what? He was nothing but a phony - not that I am one bit surprised.

So................what is your solution, Mike?

I really want to know.

Suddenly, which side you root for isn't important Mike. What caused this eppiphany (sp) for you? It wasn't the last election, was it?

I'm liberal, not a Democrat. The Democratic Party is not nearly liberal enough for me. I support the guy who is the most liberal of the bunch, regardless of party affiliation. If there was some electable party member more liberal than a Democrat, I'd support it. So it isn't an epiphany, it's the way it has always been.

I don't think 'we' lose at all. Daschle railed and railed against people who did not pay their tax obligations. Guess what? He was nothing but a phony - not that I am one bit surprised.

So................what is your solution, Mike?

I really want to know.

They are all phonies to me. Seriously.

My solution is to require Daschle to pay his back taxes, whatever fine/punishment the IRS imposes for such "oversights," and to keep him on the job if he is indeed the guru he is supposed to be in Obama's eyes. Daschle was, to me, a very knowledgeable man when it came to the direction of health care in this country. I want the best man for the job on the job. If there's a better guy, he needs to be found.

You probably don't like my solution or explanation of my political leanings, but there you have it.

Politics aside, you couldn't knock Daschle before this either.

Daschle hasn't been that bad, Im not sure how much he owed or how far back it went. If it was the past year I could inderstand him getting behind. Most businesses across America have seen a 30% drop in sales this past year.

But then again his business is politics.

how he voted.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Tom_Da...Gun_Control.htm

T, how he voted has no bearing on any of this. His voting record has no retionship to his character or lack thereof. I'm still positive we lost one of the better ones today.

PS T: How do you go from supporting Paul to supporting Bush and McCain/Palin????

Archived