THE BROWNS BOARD

NorrinRadd12 will be released by The Browns Board today

NorrinRadd12

No way. 16.4 M maybe. If he were to only cost 6.4 then any number of bites on that fishhook would have been made.

its true....he has a very strange contract. But the number being floated by obr insiders is 9 mil. It actually reads like a bunch of 1 year deals...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trade is being finalized. It includes a first round pick. They're trying to work out the compensation for Alex Mack; the Buccaneers want him and he wants the Buccaneers. Instead of trying to come up with a contract that the Browns won't match they're trying to go about it a more civil way.

you ARE the source. well you know shit.

talking about a trade thru the raiders and back to cleveland is preposterous.

let's see what happens by 3 PM tomorrow when the bucs will owe him a million extra in bonus money if he's still on their roster.

you think a trade is going to happen when a player gets cut?

GTFO!

Why trade picks away tomorrow he will be released buy him then.

I assume you didn't read the rest of the thread. He's not a free agent. He just signed a 6 year 96 mill deal last year. The Bucs may cut him ($0 guaranteed) to free up the 16 mil and 1.5 mil signing bonus but a free agent he ain't.

I assume you didn't read the rest of the thread. He's not a free agent. He just signed a 6 year 96 mill deal last year. The Bucs may cut him ($0 guaranteed) to free up the 16 mil and 1.5 mil signing bonus but a free agent he ain't.

uh, yeah.

i think we all have seen enough sportscenter in the last 3 1/2 hours to know this.

some people can read something once and understand it.

that's why we're saying a trade or any other type of deal before revis gets cut makes no sense.

Yup....we are currently in trade talks with the bucs. Reportedly, mack may be part of the deal. But that's not set in stone. Its very unlikely revis will approve a restructuring of his contract, but we can take it on this year.

Minefield Dixon wouldnt have shit on haden revis.

We will know by 4 pm tomorrow either way. It appears we are the last suitors for him, as the raiders have ducked out of negotiations. Not many teams have the cap to take him.

i personally don't want him. he was a bitch diva in NY, who held out past TC, and was made to look like a dick.

so much for revis island.

Agree he is a little bitch sometimes but I think you wait till tomorrow see if they keep him if not so what if they release him sign him for a fair price. Because he is still a good player

Yup....we are currently in trade talks with the bucs. Reportedly, mack may be part of the deal. But that's not set in stone. Its very unlikely revis will approve a restructuring of his contract, but we can take it on this year.

Minefield Dixon would have shit on haden revis.

We will know by 4 pm tomorrow either way. It appears we are the last suitors for him, as the raiders have ducked out of negotiations. Not many teams have the cap to take him.

Thanks! I don't know if I'm the only one, but if it really made the difference... I'd say piss on restructuring the contract. Having Revis here in addition to the moves we've already seen (in addition to anything else that's done) would be incredible for the Browns. And sometimes when you're a franchise that's struggling and have that reputation around the league, you have to spend money in areas that you normally wouldn't. That defense would be MURDER to come up against and would solidify the identity that Farmer/Pettine aim for.

uh, yeah.

i think we all have seen enough sportscenter in the last 3 1/2 hours to know this.

some people can read something once and understand it.

that's why we're saying a trade or any other type of deal before revis gets cut makes no sense.

Because they may not cut him and they would guarantee to have him of they wanted him instead of vying against every other team. It makes sense either way.

Wont be any Revis Island in Browns town. I would be amazing if we had him and Joe, but just dont see it being for real. I wonder if they are using the Mack rumor to tell Macks agent to fuck off. Because if we trade Mack to TB for Revis, he wont be getting the money he wants right now.

They just said on NFL Network that Revis wasn't willing to restructure his contract to come here. They said a trade is unlikely.

I would say based on that, he'll get cut tomorrow ... And he'll prob end up with the same amount we were willing to pay him ... But on the teams of his choice. Maybe even take a little less to play for a potential winner.

They just said on NFL Network that Revis wasn't willing to restructure his contract to come here. They said a trade is unlikely.

I would say based on that, he'll get cut tomorrow ... And he'll prob end up with the same amount we were willing to pay him ... But on the teams of his choice. Maybe even take a little less to play for a potential winner.

He's going to the fucking Patriots, isn't he?

I understand that Revis isn't willing to restructure but I think I the Browns should still throw a 6th or 7th rounder to Tampa before they are forced to cut him. Tampa needs to cut him tomorrow or they have to give the Jets a 3 instead of a 4...We would just be giving up a very late pick. Once we own his rights we can wait for the free agent market to dry up and gain leverage in negotiations with Revis. If in a month or so he still isnt willing to restructure we release him and lose a very late pick. If Revis has half a brain though he will realize that most teams have moved on to other FA or draft picks and there wont be a huge market for him if the Browns release him.

I definitely think the Browns should give this a shot.

I understand that Revis isn't willing to restructure but I think I the Browns should still throw a 6th or 7th rounder to Tampa before they are forced to cut him. Tampa needs to cut him tomorrow or they have to give the Jets a 3 instead of a 4...We would just be giving up a very late pick. Once we own his rights we can wait for the free agent market to dry up and gain leverage in negotiations with Revis. If in a month or so he still isnt willing to restructure we release him and lose a very late pick. If Revis has half a brain though he will realize that most teams have moved on to other FA or draft picks and there wont be a huge market for him if the Browns release him.

I definitely think the Browns should give this a shot.

The big question : does he half a brain?

That's always going to be up for debate.

When we look at his cap hit in the future, we can say we pay a 5 million dollar~ were Cleveland and he wouldnt come in free agency ~ penalty. And cut him for free any time. If we can get two elite years hes worth the pick.

Agreed!! And a move like that would help bring some success. And SUCCESS is going to make it easier to bring FA's to Cleveland. I don't really see the downside to a move like this.

Archived