THE BROWNS BOARD

NorrinRadd12 will be released by The Browns Board today

NorrinRadd12

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

browns could resign mack at a deal that the bucs want, and trade for revis with a condition that he would restructure....what would you rather have mack at 10 mil for one year and a draft pick or Revis for 11 m a year for the next 4 years? ( 11m and 4 years are guesses)

browns could resign mack at a deal that the bucs want, and trade for revis with a condition that he would restructure....what would you rather have mack at 10 mil for one year and a draft pick or Revis for 11 m a year for the next 4 years? ( 11m and 4 years are guesses)

The Browns are also going to have to resign Haden. That's a lot of money to tie up in one position. And regardless of Revis having a good year last year, he's still not that far removed from a torn ACL, and he's aging.

I'd rather not have to take so many steps back in order to go forward.

We lose Ward and Mack and pick up Revis? Part of me is excited. Most of me is pissed that we're no further ahead overall.

I'd rather not have to take so many steps back in order to go forward.

We lose Ward and Mack and pick up Revis? Part of me is excited. Most of me is pissed that we're no further ahead overall.

Word is we're signing Whitner.

I like the idea of Revis, and regardless of if there's potential truth to these rumors, I don't like it if it includes not only a 1st round pick, but also a key free agent. There's other parts to this rumor floating around, that Revis could be had for a mid to late round pick, so why on earth would they trade not only a 1st rounder, but Mack as well. It doesn't make any sense, even if the front office is trying to use "better than getting nothing for Mack" logic. Hell No.

Mack for Revis straight up is reasonable- throwing in picks on top of it? Bite me. They both would have to restructure.

Profootballtalk reports Darrelle Revis is unwilling to take a pay cut to facilitate a trade.

It's hardly a surprise. Revis' best card is to refuse any and all requests to take a pay cut, forcing his release. He'd then be free to pick his own team, and get some guarantees beyond 2014. Even the Browns would reportedly insist on a pay cut in any potential trade. It's unclear what the Raiders' stance is. The Raiders have the cap room to absorb Revis' $16 million salary.

I highly doubt browns will go after him after reading this!

While we're at it, we'll just go ahead and find the next Peyton Manning :)

Hardy Har. I get it. Everyone wants the next Manning etc. My point is that Revis' best days may be behind him. You want to throw 10 mil a year for a guy who is on the downslope? I'd rather take shots getting young talent. Adding a veteran to an already established team is one thing. You can't rebuild with also-rans. Hey while we're at it, we can lock up Chris Johnson and Steve Smith.

Maybe Revis could reinvigorate his Career as a Free Safety?

A Revis/Witner Safety Duo would surely put the dome back on the Defense, right?

Screw Revis. Davis signing just put the CB market thru the roof

If that's the case then why wouldn't you trade for a player that is signed through 2019, $0 guaranteed, and signed before 2 corners upped the market? He's the best and gets paid like it.

Verner and the like are going to be getting paid too

Archived