THE BROWNS BOARD

NorrinRadd12 will be released by The Browns Board today

NorrinRadd12

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a free agent so all we need is money and we have it. Good move to get him if they can that would sure up the back end for sure.

He's not and will not be a free agent. The story that he's going to be released was started by his agent. The new Buccaneers' General Manager tried to re-do his contract and it didn't go well. But the Buccaneers will not just release him.

Yes we'll trade a 1st and third to pick up a guy getting ready to be cut because of his Retarded contract. Smart.

I'll say it again because appearantly you did not read it the first time. The Buccaneers will not release Revis, that rumor is being thrown around by his agent because he wants to get Revis to free agency.

I'll say it again because appearantly you did not read it the first time. The Buccaneers will not release Revis, that rumor is being thrown around by his agent because he wants to get Revis to free agency.

Regardless, were not getting him. And if we decide to do TB a favor and take that Retarded contract off their hands, why would we give up valuable picks also?

Revis's contract calls for a 16 million dollar salary. No team, including the Browns is going to trade for that.

Revis could in fact be released and become a FA...and then any team can negotiate with him....at whatever price.

(but he won't be getting 16 mill)

Revis's contract calls for a 16 million dollar salary. No team, including the Browns is going to trade for that.

Revis could in fact be released and become a FA...and then any team can negotiate with him....at whatever price.

(but he won't be getting 16 mill)

His contract includes a provision to turn his base salary into a signing bonus, which can make his 2014 cap number $6.4M. On the open market Revis would get $18-20M a year.

His contract includes a provision to turn his base salary into a signing bonus, which can make his 2014 cap number $6.4M. On the open market Revis would get $18-20M a year.

WTF??

are you stupid?... or is it "slow"?... or, special? What's the PC way to say "Retarded" nowadays, because that's what I mean...

Just now making its way to the national media. Instead of name calling you should be thanking me for breaking it here first.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
#Bucs are receiving interest in a Revis trade from teams with cap space. One team to watch: #Browns. Same system as Revis had with #Jets

Just now making its way to the national media. Instead of name calling you should be thanking me for breaking it here first.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

#Bucs are receiving interest in a Revis trade from teams with cap space. One team to watch: #Browns. Same system as Revis had with #Jets

Ian Rapoport? Oh, now I know it's definitely going to happen. His 'inside information' always turns out to be true.

IF he comes the browns via trade it will be for no better than a 4th or 5th rd pick and maybe someone like brandon weeden where it makes 0 financial sense for us to cut, but it could help offset the outrageous 16m a year deal revis has ( we would need to restructure ASAP).

This is a reach and a half and by no means something i think will happen... but the idea of revis, haden, and an improving skrine as our stable of CB's is pretty exciting.

I rescind some of my insults. NO we will not trade a 1st round pick for him. NO he is not worth $18-20 mil a year. BUT I guess the trade here is somewhat of a possibility. I HOPE we only give them a 3rd or 4th, and we re-structure Revis' deal b/c we can't afford to pay him $16 million this year if we want to still sign Whitner and other FAs. This would be pretty exciting if it happens

The trade is being finalized. It includes a first round pick. They're trying to work out the compensation for Alex Mack; the Buccaneers want him and he wants the Buccaneers. Instead of trying to come up with a contract that the Browns won't match they're trying to go about it a more civil way.

Your insane, too many good corners available. Nobody would pay that

And he would hang up on you.

Are you his agent?

The trade is being finalized. It includes a first round pick. They're trying to work out the compensation for Alex Mack; the Buccaneers want him and he wants the Buccaneers. Instead of trying to come up with a contract that the Browns won't match they're trying to go about it a more civil way.

Mack is involved now too? Makes the deal just a little less exciting.

No way. 16.4 M maybe. If he were to only cost 6.4 then any number of bites on that fishhook would have been made.

I like the idea of Revis, and regardless of if there's potential truth to these rumors, I don't like it if it includes not only a 1st round pick, but also a key free agent. There's other parts to this rumor floating around, that Revis could be had for a mid to late round pick, so why on earth would they trade not only a 1st rounder, but Mack as well. It doesn't make any sense, even if the front office is trying to use "better than getting nothing for Mack" logic. Hell No.

Archived