THE BROWNS BOARD

Lombardi and Banner gone, Farmer new GM

LondonBrown

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all you are either a bold faced liar or you prefer nasty cities; the two cities are night and day in every way. Secondly, saying that Pittsburgh has somewhat recently won some silly sports titles is like saying the Titanic sank from from hitting a somewhat chilly patch of water.

The two cities are the same in just about every way. That is a fact. The only reason you say they are different is because you want to believe Pittsburgh is superior. Trust me, it ain't.

....except in gaining those few sports titles.

....and how important is that really? It is just one aspect. No more important that having a quality Art Museum....Cleveland has one of the nation's Top 5. Or a symphony orchestra. Cleveland's is also Top 5. Or having the nation's only National Park in the middle of an Urban area (Cleveland/Akron) etc. etc.

Pittsburgh does have a better Ballet Troop.

If you need to have it explained, you wouldn't get it anyway.

Translating what you said into what a "currently sane" person would hear..........." I really have no basis for my statement other than homer feelings, I am unable to translate that to details".

Listen I understand your homer opinion and to some degree have the same for Cleveland and NE Ohio in general. The difference between you and I is that I recognize when I am being a homer.

On a "getting real" level both cities have postiives and negatives. They are very similar as midwest blue collar based cities. I will give you that economic growth for business appears stronger in Pittsburgh at the moment. Generally as I said however the iron and steel based cities are mirror images.

This story just doesn't seem to want to end :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/24/report-browns-coordinators-were-to-work-under-joe-banner/

Via Will Brinson of CBSSports.com, Pat Kirwan of CBS reports that the Browns’ newly hired offensive and defensive coordinators were to work under CEO Joe Banner.

The CBS report said Kirwan had been told by an unnamed league source that Banner had arranged so the coordinators reported to him.

This is probably why we lost out on Chip Kelly and other higher desired Coaches.

We now have Pettine, and I'm hoping he's going to be a good one for us . . .

EDIT :

Damage control ?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/25/browns-say-coordinators-reported-to-head-coach-not-banner/

In contrast, the Browns have denied a CBS report that, under former CEO Joe Banner, the various coordinators reported not to the head coach but to Banner.

This story just doesn't seem to want to end :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/24/report-browns-coordinators-were-to-work-under-joe-banner/

This is probably why we lost out on Chip Kelly and other higher desired Coaches.

We now have Pettine, and I'm hoping he's going to be a good one for us . . .

EDIT :

Damage control ?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/25/browns-say-coordinators-reported-to-head-coach-not-banner/

I strongly doubt the coordinators wouldn't report to the HC - unless it was maybe for some personnel opinions.

Regardless, happy that guys gone.

I strongly doubt the coordinators wouldn't report to the HC - unless it was maybe for some personnel opinions.

Regardless, happy that guys gone.

exactly what I was thinking. The only reason they would go to Banner would be for player/personnel evaluations. I think Banner and Lombardi had it out with Chud after the QB situation and trading TR at the beginning of the season.

Archived