THE BROWNS BOARD

Lombardi and Banner gone, Farmer new GM

LondonBrown

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the best off-season ever and it it's only February. Thank you Jimmy for having the balls to do what is right!

Fuck you two stooges, don't let the door hit ya.

Go Cleveland Browns!

Fucking Jimmy and Fucking Pettine got together and said "fuck these guys" ... I prayed that this would happen.

We will be an organization to be proud of again!

Zombo

Looks like that rumor I heard and posted on here last week was on the money :

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28291&do=findComment&comment=384321

Didn't have the Bannor info though, I'm not too sure if I was ready to see him go yet because I don't know how involved he was with the fubar.

Glad to see Farmer is now GM,.

I'm wondering who's going to take over for Bannor, I sure hope it's not someone that's going to get us in a Cap bind again like we had in the past.

Awesome news ........

Farmer always come across as a really knowledgeable guy and I am happy he is making the draft day decisions and not the other 2 idiots ...... who will replace Banner ?

This is the best off-season ever and it it's only February. Thank you Jimmy for having the balls to do what is right!

Go Cleveland Browns!

Fucking Jimmy and Fucking Pettine got together and said "fuck these guys" ... I prayed that this would happen.

Zombo

And Farmer...

This has restored the faith I had in Haslam when he bought the team. I didn't like the Banner hire, I wasn't thrilled with the Lombardi hire, and I didn't like the Chud hire...

I am pleased with the Haslam - Farmer - Pettine trio much more than that "extra fat" we just cut loose...

Awesome news ........

Farmer always come across as a really knowledgeable guy and I am happy he is making the draft day decisions and not the other 2 idiots ...... who will replace Banner ?

I don't think we need a Joe Banner replacement. We have a President to do the off-field stuff, and a GM to do the on-field stuff. It looks like Haslam plans to be the Owner/CEO based on these recent moves and his invovement this offseason. It's the same model as the Patriots use, and Haslam did a lot of consulting with Robert Kraft before he even bought the team, so I think this was his plan to begin with.

Go Cleveland Browns!

Zombo

Of course others will claim that this is just more evidence of dysfunction and instability. But as far as I am concerned, this is a good thing.

This is excellent news and in my mind was very predictable. After being sold a bill of goods by them regarding betting a new coaching staff he had to have seen their inadequacy. I am sure that over and over in interviews they were somehow mentioned by candidates in a negative light. This is the one way that Haslam can save face and truly by example say he holds them accountable.

I thought you'd be pleased Zombo haha

It was a fantasy ... I thought we'd have to endure one more sadsack losing season for it to happen.

But, yes ... Christmas in February!

I wondered why Farmer didn't take that Miami job. I bet Jimmy LOVED Pettine, Pettine set this whole thing up, got together with Farmer and said "don't leave", and then went to Jimmy and said "ditch the stooges" Or else Jimmy saw Farmer walking out the door, looked at Lombardi sipping his latte and said "what the fuck are we doing?"

Either way, this has all the swagger of an owner in CONTROL and Farmer and Pettine, the real football people, will have the authority.

I'm loving it. I may start drinking early today.

Zombo

I shall now pat myself on the back profusely for sort-of calling it back in January (last sentence in linked post)!

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28126&do=findComment&comment=377970

Seriously, awesome news. I think we all sensed something was amiss with a front office where the GM never showed his face, and with the Ray Farmer media-blitz that's been going on lately. I am now MUCH less worried about the upcoming draft.

Archived