THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers the new Cowboys ???

Kosarfan

Have read the threads talking about the Steelers being offered the title of 'America's Team', to which they apparently responded 'we are Pittsburgh's team' and declined the title. Well seems inevitable that they have taken the form.

Local paper this morning starts out article about Santonio Holmes' great catch and game. First line is; He once sold drugs on a street corner, now he's the Super Bowl MVP'. Isn't that nice.

Next article talks of Harrison's being named NFL defensive player of the year. No need to say much about that thug, he showed his true form yesterday with his foolish conduct.

Admitted, I am sour having been a fan of - since 1999 - one of the most pathetic franchises in sports history, but I will admit my respect for the Pittsburgh organization was there. I always liked the fact that the Rooney family has so few coaches and seemed to have such loyalty to the game, their business and their employees, BUT I now truly believe they are chasing the smut of the NFL title.

Games often are so one sided on officiating, how can there not be foul play during Steeler games ? They continually get congratulated for cheap shots (ie.: Carson Palmer's likely career ending playoff hit - he's never come back near what he used to be ... too bad Cincy), with arguments like 'that's just tough football and grit play'. Yea, O.K. .. and ending careers are just the consequence of players that play 'tough' and want a win. Really makes me wonder how other teams that have earned 'dynasty' status did it without taking out so many along the way ?

If the NFL does not either fine the hell or suspend Harrison for one of the worst showcases of steroid induced ignorance during the most publicized and widely watched sporting event, then it will be confirmed that their organization is corrupt.

The Cowboys had their time in the badboy / screwed up franchise spotlight with drug use, arrests, etc., etc., now the Steelers can enjoy being the douchebags of the NFL. Congratulations Pittsburgh, you won the big game, but guess what else you've EARNED ... and it did'nt just happen overnight.

Have read the threads talking about the Steelers being offered the title of 'America's Team', to which they apparently responded 'we are Pittsburgh's team' and declined the title. Well seems inevitable that they have taken the form.

Local paper this morning starts out article about Santonio Holmes' great catch and game. First line is; He once sold drugs on a street corner, now he's the Super Bowl MVP'. Isn't that nice.

Next article talks of Harrison's being named NFL defensive player of the year. No need to say much about that thug, he showed his true form yesterday with his foolish conduct.

Admitted, I am sour having been a fan of - since 1999 - one of the most pathetic franchises in sports history, but I will admit my respect for the Pittsburgh organization was there. I always liked the fact that the Rooney family has so few coaches and seemed to have such loyalty to the game, their business and their employees, BUT I now truly believe they are chasing the smut of the NFL title.

Games often are so one sided on officiating, how can there not be foul play during Steeler games ? They continually get congratulated for cheap shots (ie.: Carson Palmer's likely career ending playoff hit - he's never come back near what he used to be ... too bad Cincy), with arguments like 'that's just tough football and grit play'. Yea, O.K. .. and ending careers are just the consequence of players that play 'tough' and want a win. Really makes me wonder how other teams that have earned 'dynasty' status did it without taking out so many along the way ?

If the NFL does not either fine the hell or suspend Harrison for one of the worst showcases of steroid induced ignorance during the most publicized and widely watched sporting event, then it will be confirmed that their organization is corrupt.

The Cowboys had their time in the badboy / screwed up franchise spotlight with drug use, arrests, etc., etc., now the Steelers can enjoy being the douchebags of the NFL. Congratulations Pittsburgh, you won the big game, but guess what else you've EARNED ... and it did'nt just happen overnight.

Holmes sold drugs when he was in 5th grade, and went to OSU before Pittsburgh got a hold of him so (and OSU never makes mistakes right) i am not going to throw him in the mix of the good ol' Cowboys of the 90s. Besides all NFL teams have there list of dirt it is just the teams that are in the limelight that get brought up a lot more. Unfortunately we are irrelevant so no one outside of Central to NE Ohio cares about us right now.

• 3 weeks later...

"If the NFL does not either fine the hell or suspend Harrison for one of the worst showcases of steroid induced ignorance during the most publicized and widely watched sporting event, then it will be confirmed that their organization is corrupt."

No he should not be fined or suspended. When was the last time someone was fined/suspended for an simple unecessary roughness penalty? If Harrison should be fined/suspended, then shouldn't Adrian Wilson be? Your biased against the Steelers is glaring.

The media, the refs, the announcers, the commish, and the Cardinals organization all beleive proper action was taken on this play by the officails and do not believe any more action needs to be taken. I am glad all those reliable sources exist to shut morons like you up.

How come Harrison passing every roid test he has EVER taken is not enough proof he has never taken roids? I guess kellen Winslow's "F*cking soldier" rant was a roid rage and ALL the proof I need to say he uses roids?

They continually get congratulated for cheap shots (ie.: Carson Palmer's likely career ending playoff hit - he's never come back near what he used to be ... too bad Cincy)

Thats funny becuase I am pretty sure the refs, the media, the commish, the refs association, and Palmer himself all agree the hit was accidental. How exactly is a 300+ pound person supposed to change direction in mid flight after being pushed over? Your attempt to tarnish the Steelesr reputation as a classy organization has once again been foiled by facts. Try again.

Archived