THE BROWNS BOARD

Rams fan talking draft

maxwell

Old people are irrationally hateful.

He's going to look dumb when Manziel plays well.

Him and that hippity hoppity rap music.

F**k rap, a trained monkey can play two or three note bass. Incidentally, I can still bang out a few chords on a guitar to know the difference. Old people also happen to have the benefit of experience. Am I allowed to yuck it up when Manziel blows out his knee? (Hopefully for some team other than the Browns?) Unlike Shep, I'm always the first to admit I'm wrong- (but I rarely am). OTOH, if we draft Johnny Football © and he turns out to be a mega bust- you can bet I'll be damned merciless on calling you out. Fair enough? BTW, no one trick ponies like Braylon Edwards- Derek Anderson either. Funny how the majority of the oldsters on the high side of 50 aren't buying the Johnny Football hype- because we actually saw Fran Tarkenton play. That equaled zero Super Bowl wins FYI, but that's ancient history right? .Mobile Steve Young won a few, but only if you want to tell me Josh Gordon is going to be another Jerry Rice, and TJ Ward is going to magically morph into Ronnie Lott.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F**k rap, a trained monkey can play two or three note bass. Incidentally, I can still bang out a few chords on a guitar to know the difference. Old people also happen to have the benefit of experience. Am I allowed to yuck it up when Manziel blows out his knee? (Hopefully for some team other than the Browns?) Unlike Shep, I'm always the first to admit I'm wrong- (but I rarely am). OTOH, if we draft Johnny Football © and he turns out to be a mega bust- you can bet I'll be damned merciless on calling you out. Fair enough? BTW, no one trick ponies like Braylon Edwards- Derek Anderson either. Funny how the majority of the oldsters on the high side of 50 aren't buying the Johnny Football hype- because we actually saw Fran Tarkenton play. That equaled zero Super Bowl wins FYI, but that's ancient history right? .Mobile Steve Young won a few, but only if you want to tell me Josh Gordon is going to be another Jerry Rice, and TJ Ward is going to magically morph into Ronnie Lott.

Probably not, but I'd rather us do it our own way, not trying to mimic someone else's success.

So Superbowl wins is your measure of a good QB? That means we have never had one.

Fran Tarkenton was a heck of a QB.

Yup. I'm old enough to have seen him play.

If Manziel turns out to be as good as Sir Francis, he'd be the best QB in Cleveland since Automatic Otto.

That's not worth a first round pick?

As Peter King said, Manziel won't get past Jax. He'd sell a lot of tickets there. And they are desperate for that.

I still Manziel as a warm weather player. His incredible darting out of

harm's way doesn't happen on a cold, wintry field, or in the rain.

The Texans and Jags will be happy with him, I suppose. Until they see

that his style of play doesn't fit the late season conditions in other

parts of the country, and I don't see him changing who he is, and how he plays.

Just my dumb opinion. We'll see.

So Superbowl wins is your measure of a good QB? That means we have never had one.

Fran Tarkenton was a heck of a QB.

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl. Dan Fouts never won a Super Bowl. Jim Kelly never won a Super Bowl. Warren Moon never won a Super Bowl.

All Hall of Famers.

There's been a lot of 'attack' on Bridgewater lately. Media generated and team induced...

It would really be a christmas gift in May if he falls to us. The dude is NFL ready..

Bridgewater is my least favorite of the big 3.

Higher floor, but lower ceiling.

Just heard Peter King say he doesn't see Johnny Football in Houston. Doesn't fit the profile in Houston. Thinks they go with Bortles at #1 or in a trade down.

He stated the obvious, Rams wants to trade down. Didn't name a single player. Just that Snead is spoiled having multiple high picks and wants more.

Said Jax is a great fit for Johnny Football, and that JF won't get past #3.

PK said he knows that the Cleveland scouts really like Manziel, and now that Norv Turner is gone, that fits them going after Manziel.

He said it's early but if it ends up that Houston falls in love with Bortles and takes him at #1, then Rams are in business in a bidding war between Jax and Cleveland for Manziel.

I found it curious that PK didn't mention Teddy at all in the conversation. And I think the Raiders and Minny are in the mix as well.

All this means to me is that I'll be shocked if these QBs last very long in this draft. I think these QBs will be rated a lot higher than last years guys, like Manuel and Smith and Nassib. Sure, there is no Luck in this draft but these guys are still fairly high picks.

Peter King is more of a speculator than all of us on the Browns Board. His head is firmly entrenched up the Patriots & NY Giants' rear ends. I'm got tired of him a few years ago.

Yup. I'm old enough to have seen him play.

If Manziel turns out to be as good as Sir Francis, he'd be the best QB in Cleveland since Automatic Otto.

That's not worth a first round pick?

As Peter King said, Manziel won't get past Jax. He'd sell a lot of tickets there. And they are desperate for that.

As I said (somewhere) selling tickets is a piss poor reason to draft a guy. With the events today in Cleveland, I have hope Haslam's come to the realization WINNING sells tickets, not hype.

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl. Dan Fouts never won a Super Bowl. Jim Kelly never won a Super Bowl. Warren Moon never won a Super Bowl.

All Hall of Famers.

LOL, now when did I ever say Tarkenton wasn't good? But I did say Tarkenton may be Manziel's ceiling. However I also did say his floor is Ki-Jana Carter or Ryan Leaf. Maybe both combined.

In regards to Manziel, i'm not the only one seeing the floaters and forced passes thrown.

"Draft insider Tony Pauline sees "no justification" for selecting Texas A&M QB johnny Manziel with the No. 1 pick.

There are "too many floaters, forced passes, etc.," Pauline tweeted. Blake Bortles appears to be the odds on favorite for the No. 1 selection, but ESPN's Mel Kiper did recently say that Manziel is the "unanimous" top quarterback in this class. We do not believe "unanimous" exists in the NFL Draft world, especially this early in the process."

Nah bro, I'll just pretend I hated him the whole time like most people with Trent Richardson.

You can look up my stuff- I was slamming PG on a daily basis before the draft about his love affair with Richardson. I think he needs psychological aid not only after that- but now he actually thinks we can get something for Weeden. BTW, with Farmer now in charge, I have 10X more confidence should he pick a qb, it's going to be the right one. All the regulars here know how I feel about Johnny Football ©, so for the time being I'll give it a rest.

As I said (somewhere) selling tickets is a piss poor reason to draft a guy. With the events today in Cleveland, I have hope Haslam's come to the realization WINNING sells tickets, not hype.

LOL, now when did I ever say Tarkenton wasn't good? But I did say Tarkenton may be Manziel's ceiling. However I also did say his floor is Ki-Jana Carter or Ryan Leaf. Maybe both combined.

That's everybody's floor. You act like Ryan Leaf was some questionable prospect coming out of college. He was the same prospect as Luck for the most part.

Everyone has Leaf bust abilities.

That's everybody's floor. You act like Ryan Leaf was some questionable prospect coming out of college. He was the same prospect as Luck for the most part.

Everyone has Leaf bust abilities.

True- but prospects are researched a lot more now than in 1998. You want to tell me there aren't some red character flags about Mr. Football? IIRC there were a few about Leaf too. See, ya got me started all over again. :/

True- but prospects are researched a lot more now than in 1998. You want to tell me there aren't some red character flags about Mr. Football? IIRC there were a few about Leaf too. See, ya got me started all over again. :/

Scouts thought Rivers was too reckless and cocky. Cutler was thought to be lazy. Wilson was supposed to be too small.

Russell was supposed to be a perfect prospect.

You're one of few making a big deal about his "character flaws". Most others have legitimate concerns about his game, not the fact that's he's acting like all of us did when we were 21.

I seem to recall Josh Gordon having a few character flaws as well.

Scouts thought Rivers was too reckless and cocky. Cutler was thought to be lazy. Wilson was supposed to be too small.

Russell was supposed to be a perfect prospect.

You're one of few making a big deal about his "character flaws". Most others have legitimate concerns about his game, not the fact that's he's acting like all of us did when we were 21.

I seem to recall Josh Gordon having a few character flaws as well.

Most college qbs with NFL aspirations don't blow off the opportunity to hang out with Peyton Manning either. I don't remember ever having that opportunity when I was 20 to get real drunk at a football camp involving Jim Brown. You don't think some of those pics with him in bars with chicks hanging all over him isn't a Ben Studlisberger situation just waiting to happen? It's not just one issue TC. Like I just said- I'll let Farmer make the decision after he interviews him if Football is a true asshole- jerk or an immature asshole jerk remedial to correction, worth hanging the immediate- long term future of the Browns on. I won't be there- and neither will you. Farmer said in his presser "character counts" ya listening?

I don't necessarily want a choirboy for the Browns qb of the future- but I do want someone who can stay out of jail, and just maybe be a role model for kids- hmm sort of like Drew Breese?

pick clowney @4 and everyone can shut the fuck up.

if all these QBs are going to be gone so soon, i'll take clowney in a heartbeat.

we can always get carr later or even some other insurance policy<surprise guy.......but we still have hoyer.

which means we could try and get some action for next year and get a 'real' QB.

without evans, manziel wouldn't even be in this discussion.

We need to score points to win games. Hoyer is one hit away from being out. We need a QB.

so is manziel and bridgewater.

just saw on NFL network that farmer scouted mariota as his fave QB and was disappointed he didn't declare for the draft and will probably pick another position this year with their first pick. HA!!

as i've been saying all along.

so is manziel and bridgewater.

just saw on NFL network that farmer scouted mariota as his fave QB and was disappointed he didn't declare for the draft and will probably pick another position this year with their first pick. HA!!

as i've been saying all along.

I love mariota, but we'd have to suck to get him next year.

I'm cool with Clowney and Garrapollo. I like Garrapolo more than Carr.

I like Watkins if clowneys gone, but this is a deep WR draft.

pick clowney @4 and everyone can shut the fuck up.

if all these QBs are going to be gone so soon, i'll take clowney in a heartbeat.

we can always get carr later or even some other insurance policy<surprise guy.......but we still have hoyer.

which means we could try and get some action for next year and get a 'real' QB.

without evans, manziel wouldn't even be in this discussion.

To be fair Mik, no doubt Clowney is the most talented athlete in this draft but he's not issue free either. Personally, I think he'll already be off the board when the Browns draft.

Archived