THE BROWNS BOARD

"Can't Miss" Players in 2014 NFL Draft

Tour2ma

if your definition of bust doesn't include injury then I'd place Bridgewater in the "can't miss" category. The kid is by far the most pro-ready and has the accuracy and the brain to do big things in the league. The only concern, and it isn't a big one, is that he doesn't have the frame to hold up in the NFL.

if your definition of bust doesn't include injury then I'd place Bridgewater in the "can't miss" category. The kid is by far the most pro-ready and has the accuracy and the brain to do big things in the league. The only concern, and it isn't a big one, is that he doesn't have the frame to hold up in the NFL.

They have meds errrrr ummm I mean nutrition and conditioning to fix that

Desmond Bryant was our most disruptive D-lineman last year before he got hurt, and one of our highest paid... why would you not see him in the rotation?

Also, DQJ never played OLB... and he was much more effective in his 2 seasons in the 4-3 than he ever was in his career... I'd add a player behind him to groom, but he is more than capable of starting at ILB with 4 linemen in front of him... he shrinks when there are only 3...

Bryant was a DE in our 3-4. I do not see him having the same disruptive success at DT in a 4-3.

My bad on DQ... ILB/ MLB since 2006. I have always felt he was miscast inside.

Bryant was a DE in our 3-4. I do not see him having the same disruptive success at DT in a 4-3.

In 2012, Bryant was DT in a 4-3 at Oakland.

2012 - 16 games played - 36 total tackles (26 solo), 4 sacks, 6 TFL, 1 pass deflected, 1 kick block, and 1 FF

2013 - 12 games played - 31 total tackles (11 solo), 3.5 sacks, and 2 TFL

Seems just as disruptive when playing in a 4-3...

@MaryKayCabot: #Browns OC Shanahan on drafting a quarterback: "you don't need a certain type of QB, you need the best one.''

oh great it's that fucking easy. How comes no one has ever Thought of that. And how do we get Tom Brady for that fact.

@MaryKayCabot: #Browns OC Shanahan on drafting a quarterback: "you don't need a certain type of QB, you need the best one.''

Is Shannie selling decoder rings?

he's selling something...........and i can smell it all the way from NY.

are we going to base a system around a QB or vice versa?

In his press conference he said the system needs to be flexible so it can work around what your QB does best.

So according to Shanny, system around the QB's talent.

OK.... I wonder what Kyle thinks Wheezy's talent is?

Was too nice to answer.

Said he coached him in senior bowl and thought he was a decent guy, but didn't evaluate him a lot because they knew they were going with rg3.

Said he's only been in town for 3 days and hasn't had enough time to evaluate our QBs on film.

Oh yeah.

Weeden dazzled scouts in practice at the senior bowl and had some people raving. Then in the actual game he had 5 completions with 2 interceptions? Sounds kind of familiar lol.

Archived