THE BROWNS BOARD

Gace withdraws name

darren15

Haslam could fire Banner and Lobotomy but he is so clueless about football and football organization he'd be lost. It's a catch 22. Haslam said he asked around the league and in league circles and was told Lobotomy was legit and an amazing GM... who the fuck was he talking too? Probably Steeler FO who wants nothing more than to keep Cleveland in the basement so they don't look like total fucks. They are fucks. Banner and Lombardi are fucks. Fuck them. Fire them. Fire THEM@@!!!!$#%#%$^%#$

lol

There are 32 NFL head-coaching jobs. Even the worst of the lot is very valuable. They're almost impossible to get. And almost all of them pay more than what any NFL assistant coach makes.

And the Cleveland Browns can't get anyone to be their head coach.

Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, a 35-year-old who had never risen above position coach until this season, has told the Browns he isn't interested according to the Denver Post's Mike Klis.

The line about "concentrating on the Super Bowl" seems like a "I have to stay in and wash my hair" type excuse. The Browns are the last team that has a coaching vacancy. They would surely have waited two more weeks if Gase was their guy. But Gase would rather pass altogether. The Super Bowl excuse just softens the blow.

And now, Browns fans have every reason to feel pretty miserable.

At least three assistants have said no thanks to the Browns. Arizona defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, a respected coach who has been in the NFL for almost 20 years without getting a shot at a permanent head-coaching job, said no. Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who is from Ohio and should feel fortunate to be getting considered for a second chance after an absolute debacle in Denver, pulled out of consideration. And now Gase, with all of one year as a NFL coordinator, doesn't want it either.

Again, there are only 32 of these jobs in the world. No coach can be sure he'll ever get a shot at one. And multiple assistants have turned Cleveland down. The Browns can't exactly go into a press conference after they finally hire a coach and pretend he was their first choice, can they?

The fallout from firing Rob Chudzinksi after just one year might be much stronger than first realized. The Browns fired Chudzinski after one season despite injury issues at quarterback and trading running back Trent Richardson early in the season. They canned him without any great reason, at least none that have been revealed publicly.

This is a franchise with a good defense, some good pieces on offense (tackle Joe Thomas, receiver Josh Gordon and tight end Jordan Cameron among them), the fourth overall pick of the draft and another first-rounder thanks to the Richardson trade.

Cleveland has a tremendous fan base that is desperate for a winner. It should be a fairly attractive job. And nobody seems to want it.

Last week Browns owner Jimmy Haslam told fans through an open letter to not worry. Well, worrying seems to be the proper reaction now.

- - - - - - -

schwab75mug2.jpg
Frank Schwab is the editor of Shutdown Corner on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him atshutdowncorner@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter!

The only thing that is embarrassing about the whole Browns HC search is how impatient people are.

I agree. There are a few people here who I had a ton of respect for before that have a few pounds less today.

It's shameful the way some are acting. Seriously.

I hope they manage stress differently in their day to day life. Flailing arms in panic never solved anything.

Geesh...

Who the hell is Frank Schwab? He's just repeating crap that others have been saying. I really think hafl of this crap comes out of some

downtown Cleveland bar. Some guys just sitting there repeating everything he hears the drunks saying.

Good to see some folks are actually showing a little patience now.

no, it is pretty embarrassing.

so now they are going to interview atlanta's OC.

so what does that tell you?

yeah, everyone with any type of common sense has turned down the job, and when quinn does too, they'll at least had the swill at the bottom of the glass-half-full to choose from.

these guys fucked up and they know it.

"we gotta get this right." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

what a cluster fuck.

We have the pick of the litter, calm down fuckwads.

There is no reason to rush. Chud had 6.... fucking 6 pro bowlers and won 4 games. That is horrible... he deserved to get canned, now shut the fuck up about it. Lets these guys take their time finding a good coach this time instead of panicking with the pick. Quinn, Pettine both look like great fucking hires.. much better than Chud or Shurmurmur, or any other shithead that we brought in that has failed.

There is no reason to rush. Chud had 6.... fucking 6 pro bowlers and won 4 games. That is horrible... he deserved to get canned, now shut the fuck up about it. Lets these guys take their time finding a good coach this time instead of panicking with the pick. Quinn, Pettine both look like great fucking hires.. much better than Chud or Shurmurmur, or any other shithead that we brought in that has failed.

Your name is 100% appropriate if you believe the coaching search is going as planned. Actually you may want to change it to something less than halfsane........insane for example.

That is off course unless you are being extremely clever and using the word "litter" in the sense of the trash that is left.

you are INSANE. yeah chud fucking sucked, but he shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

there were better candidates then than now (well after half the NFL coaches/coordinators have turned us down).

these guys in the FO of cleveland look like the biggest fools in the history of FO decision making (well maybe not as bad as millen) and you're saying calm the fuck down?

ok, name a short list of great contenders that in the long run the FO wanted to be their guy since the firing of chud? who quinn? what makes you think he'll take the job? name someone else that just puts everyone in awe of the great and fearless thinking of the cleveland FO.

waiting...................

More like the pick of the kitty litter.

Haslam could fire Banner and Lobotomy but he is so clueless about football and football organization he'd be lost. It's a catch 22. Haslam said he asked around the league and in league circles and was told Lobotomy was legit and an amazing GM... who the fuck was he talking too? Probably Steeler FO who wants nothing more than to keep Cleveland in the basement so they don't look like total fucks. They are fucks. Banner and Lombardi are fucks. Fuck them. Fire them. Fire THEM@@!!!!$#%#%$^%#$

lol

I understand that the person who put Jimmah on to both Banner and Lombardi was none other than Roger Goodell....or at least persons within the commissioners office.

Well, now perhaps Jimmah can go to them again and say: Dudes, you had your laugh, but now you owe me one. Give me a REAL reccomendation on who I can hire to run this team and this football operations.

There is another option for you guys, fold the team, send your picks to the Steelers and buy some Steelers gear! Believe me, you will enjoy being a Steelers fan much more than rooting for the Browns!

I LOVE being a Browns fan. And when they get it right it will be sweet as hell and you front running bitches can choke on your little yellow bitch towels.

You'd love to have our picks ... because Ben's getting old and you ain't got shit to build with again.

Good luck with all that.

Zombo

There is another option for you guys, fold the team, send your picks to the Steelers and buy some Steelers gear! Believe me, you will enjoy being a Steelers fan much more than rooting for the Browns!

There would never be any enjoyment in that. Ever. Browns fans, if you ever see me swinging a yellow towel around it means I need help, because either I've been lobotomized or my family is being held hostage while I'm forced to make an ass of myself.

I enjoy actually going to the games and it appears Steeler fans bail after a couple of losses, so I'll stick with a loyal fan base.

No, I don't think so. See, as a Browns fan I can read and write the English language. I eat with a fork and knife. I enjoy art, music.

I can intellectualize on various subjects.

As a Steeler fan, none of that could be possible. I could only live my life by basic animal instincts. I could only eat, rut, sleep, shit. And that would be my life.

No, sorry, I would rather enjoy the benefits that come with being a human being.

No, I don't think so. See, as a Browns fan I can read and write the English language. I eat with a fork and knife. I enjoy art, music.

I can intellectualize on various subjects.

As a Steeler fan, none of that could be possible. I could only live my life by basic animal instincts. I could only eat, rut, sleep, shit. And that would be my life.

No, sorry, I would rather enjoy the benefits that come with being a human being.

Well I am Steelers fan and I must say that I do get a whole lot enjoyment out of eating, sleeping and shitting, so I think you might have me pegged.

Well I am Steelers fan and I must say that I do get a whole lot enjoyment out of eating, sleeping and shitting, so I think you might have me pegged.

Well, we all have to perform bodily functions.....but for you, that is the sum and substance of your existance.

(but I will tell you....yesterday I suffered the worst case of constipation I ever had....and the enjoyment one can get out of a good shit was missing on that occasion).

fuck gace. he's on easy street and he knows it. he ain't shit because he's really just a stand in for the real OC....peyton manning.

he was probably scared that taking the browns HC job would show the nation what a fraud he really is.

Archived