THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the Super Bowl

Zombo

It has been a decade of reparations for sports fans, and it seems the "long-suffering" Arizona Cardinal fans are next in line for their just due.

It started in January of 2000, when the long suffering St. Louis football fans garnered their city's first NFL Championship when the unlikely Rams went from 4-12 to 16-3 behind some unknown grocery bagger named Kurt Warner. Two years later Warner was on the other side of karma as the New England Patriots won their first-ever championship, unknowingly setting off a run of 6 major sports championships in the decade for previously downtrodden Beantown, including the unthinkable .... the reparations spread to baseball, and the Curse of the Bambino is lifted after nearly a century of heartbreak as the Red Sox, of all teams, finally bring home another World Series to their fans. Even Tampa Bay, with it's almost comical sports history got into the act, and then the biggest drought so far was lifted ... the Chicago White Sox actually outdid the Red Sox by a couple of years, winning their championship since 1918.

So today is the final prize of the decade in the NFL and ... the Cardinals, without a championship since 1947 fittingly get a crack. Which leaves the truly long-suffering still waiting and wondering: The Chicago Cubs, the Detroit Lions and ... the city of Cleveland. Cleveland has the unholy trifecta of the Tribe since 1948, the Browns since 1964 and the Cavaliers not once since founded in 1970. That's a combined 142 years for the city with maybe the most loyal fans in all of sport. Now that is long-suffering ... but hope arises: The Cavs have the best record in the NBA, the Indians are solidly poised for a pennant run, and the Browns have as much talent as they have had in years, a future star-in-the-making at QB and a young kick-ass coach bringing a whole new approach to Cleveland. Every dawg has it's day ... Cleveland's is around the corner.

As for the Cardinals, it's debatable how much their fans "deserve" any reparation. Sure, they haven't won 10 games in a season since 1976 ... hell, the Browns did that last year. But their misery has been spread out over three cities, two of which moved on quite nicely without them. The only common denominator is the Bidwell family, and they are much more a "cause" of the misery than the effect. And some dude with a pool company had to buy the remaining playoff tickets when they hosted their first playoff game since 1947 to lift the blackout ... while Cleveland is completely sold out to watch the 4-10 Browns take on the 2-11-1 Bengals. Sigh.

So we have possibly the NFL's most apathetic fans versus ... the NFL's most feminine fans.

Yep, here comes the Steeler bandwagon rolling into our lives once again. Grossly over-sized Pink Roethlisberger jerseys have landed in full force here in Southwest Florida. Not only do the Steelers proudly proclaim that they have the highest percentage of female fans, it goes without saying they have the biggest and ugliest. And this is one team that is definitely in touch with its feminine side ... they wave yellow hand towels in the air all game long, they dance to polkas and sing cutesie songs about the Steelers, and their best player has hair down to his ass .... folks, if NFL stadiums were pubs, Heinz Field would be the gay bar of the neighborhood, there is no doubt about that. Hell, they even created a mascot that looks like George Michael meets the Village People.

So it's apathy versus girlieness when it comes to the fans. Hmm, let's check out the teams:

Arizona vs. Pittsburgh, Super Bowl XLIII, 6 PM, Tampa, Florida

Sometimes you are Archie Manning and you get drafted into mediocrity and can't get out. Then sometimes you are Ben Roethlisberger and you stumble your way into glory because of those around you. Big Gay Ben had the good fortune of being drafted by a team that is carried by Dick LeBeau's defense and has established a tradition of running the football down your throat. His job is not to ruin a good thing ... but this year he has done his best: Only 17 TDs to go with 15 INTs and four fumbles. Sacked 46 times. Last week he was taking 4 sacks and completing less than half of his passes, but the defense won for him. The week before, he could only muster 181 yards against SD's weak secondary, but again the Steeler defense came through for him. Not today. No today, the Steeler defense can only carry Big Fem so far, because they are going up against the most talented offensive machine in the NFL.

Yes, sometimes you are Kurt Warner and you lift franchises out of mediocrity. Mr. Warner has taken his second downtrodden franchise to Super Bowl recognition by passing for over 4,500 yards and 30 TDs, finding his spectacular arsenal of receivers again and again when he needs a big play. For those of you who don't like to see wide receivers get drafted too high: Larry Fitzgerald is the best player in the NFL right now, and has led his team to the Super Bowl by setting a new NFL post season yardage record ... with one big game yet to play. And then Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston complete the best trio in the league. But what really has been a difference maker for the Card has been the re-emergence of future Hall of Famer Edge James, whose rested legs were put back in service at the end of the season, and the Cards have thus far out-rushed all three of their playoff opponents. Yes, the Cardinals are matchup hell for the Steelers. And they have strong-legged kicker Neil Rackers to boot. They will get their thirty points ... which puts undue pressure on Big Fem, the human turnover waiting to happen, and look for the Cardinals defense, and its talented secondary make the big play that seals the game. CARDINALS 33 STEELERS 17

The Great Zomboni

--I see Ralph Brown streaking down the sideline

Guest ATENEARS

Big Ben is already crying about boo-boo's and looking for his typical weekly sympathy from the media ... (and the NFL wonders why media credentials are down for the first time in 40+ years). The Cardinals are ready to explode ... this is gonna be a classic.

FIRST UP:

Cavaliers @ Pistons at 2:30pm

.... start pouring'em boys.

Big Ben is already crying about boo-boo's and looking for his typical weekly sympathy from the media ... (and the NFL wonders why media credentials are down for the first time in 40+ years). The Cardinals are ready to explode ... this is gonna be a classic.

FIRST UP:

Cavaliers @ Pistons at 2:30pm

.... start pouring'em boys.

Aint Hurt him yet... Cry away Ben..Just WIN !!! And Media Credentials are Down / Its called the ECONOMY stupid !!!

The declining U.S. economy undoubtedly affect this year's Super Bowl. The pre-game buildup to the February 1st football game between the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers in Tampa has been downgraded with subdued economic times and, according to The Washington Post, Playboy and Sports Illustrated have announced they will not hold their annual Super Bowl parties. Football officials say they are unsure how the U.S. financial woes will affect the event, but they are expecting visitors to the Tampa area prior to the game to spend about $150 million; 20 percent less than they might have spent in a more buoyant economy.[2] The Feb. 1 football game between the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers in Tampa will not have the pre-game buildup it would otherwise have had if economic times were brighter, The Washington Post ( NYSE:WPO ) reported Saturday. The newspaper noted that Playboy and Sports Illustrated have announced they will not hold their annual Super Bowl parties, and a celebrity golf tournament and party with Tampa Bay Buccaneers players Warrick Dunn and Derrick Brooks as hosts was canceled because of a lack of sponsors. Football officials say they are unsure how deeply the country's financial woes will affect the event. {AP NEWS Jan. 2008}

Zombo NAILED it, I think. Not even Troy Pollymoomoo nor Hines Ward can make the Steelers win this superbowl.

Hines is a bit gimpy (he IS amazing), Ben Gay is..well, himself, and PollyMooMoo will end up baldheaded after slamming into Edgerrin James, and having to stand on the sidelines watching the Cards' secondary intercept Bengay at least three times, and will be pulling his hair out.

The Cards will win, and the rest of the NFL's fans will cheer !

Sounds like you are too much of a pussy to stand up to your convictions.

Where's your prediction? Did it get published in USA Today ... or maybe you pretended you were black and rapped about it on youtube.

The Cardinals are going to win. I said it, I stand behind it. No one is handing the Steelers anything ... except, for you, making excuses already.

That's what we really need ... some bitch making excuses before the game is played. I guess that's the easy way out.

xxxx that. I'll give you three predictions and I'll stand behind every one of them: 1)Cards win this year, 2)Browns win next year, and 3) you take it up the ass from Mr. T. every week in between:

Print it.

Zombo

Where's your prediction? Did it get published in USA Today ... or maybe you pretended you were black and rapped about it on youtube.

The Cardinals are going to win. I said it, I stand behind it. No one is handing the Steelers anything ... except, for you, making excuses already.

That's what we really need ... some bitch making excuses before the game is played. I guess that's the easy way out.

xxxx that. I'll give you three predictions and I'll stand behind every one of them: 1)Cards win this year, 2)Browns win next year, and 3) you take it up the ass from Mr. T. every week in between:

Print it.

Zombo

Dream on dude ...it slim chance that's gonna happen. And Tonight You will most likely be Bitching about "Bad CALLS" and "Coaching decisions" and "Turnovers".... CAN Arizona win ? Yes ... Phenomenal Offense , Ben could melt down , we could lay the ball on the Turf , all that stuff. But Pittsburgh is a Better Team , has more experience. Predictions in general are asinine anyway , You cant predict Turnovers ...big Returns and Mistaken assignments and Blown coverages. What happens happens. The Better Team talent wise and in experience Wins for the most part. We will see. And Cleveland wins Next years Super Bowl ?? LOL... ok... might we wait for the DRAFT at least before you pretend to have a Clue for 2010`s Super Bowl ? You are a Funny man... Proud and Funny ! And Pride comes before the Fall. By the Way Arizona is WAY Proud at this point. 56% of America is Picking the Cards... and 70% of the NFL Talking Heads. The NO Respect Card is Flying High in the Steelers Locker Room !! What was that Noise ...? Oh ...just a Cardinal Falling to the Ground after being so Enamored with himself that he smashed his head in my Living room window....LOL... Sounds like a Sign to me !!

You've been gone quite a while, this post looks like you had to go run to stan for some ammo....

I know Skippy beats your ass like a drum, Insecta, lord knows we've all seen it over and over, but I hardly have ever needed any ammo from him or anybody else.

If you want to go after the big boys, have some game.

Otherwise, just go back to being the Retard in the corner that we humor because he has a Browns hat on.

Zombo

It has been a decade of reparations for sports fans, and it seems the "long-suffering" Arizona Cardinal fans are next in line for their just due.

The Great Zomboni

--I see Ralph Brown streaking down the sideline

Thanks for the classic Zombo!

I remember the 80s when all of these new millenium Steeler fans were wearing brand new San Francisco 49ers jackets out to all the sports bars. That might have been the ONLY time I was sorry I didn't smoke; because I would have known exactly where to blow it. Isn't it wonderful they've accepted their team back? It took alot of courage.

- Tom F.

Guest ATENEARS
Thanks for the classic Zombo!

I remember the 80s when all of these new millenium Steeler fans were wearing brand new San Francisco 49ers jackets out to all the sports bars. That might have been the ONLY time I was sorry I didn't smoke; because I would have known exactly where to blow it. Isn't it wonderful they've accepted their team back? It took alot of courage.

- Tom F.

Yep, they claimed the 49er's were one of their own as they reached for a connection with Youngstown and the Debartalo's.

Those 49er fans didn't die ... they are just in purgatory (aka: Pittsburgh)

Yep, they claimed the 49er's were one of their own as they reached for a connection with Youngstown and the Debartalo's.

Those 49er fans didn't die ... they are just in purgatory (aka: Pittsburgh)

LOL! Ghoolie Ettiquette - where the BEST fans don't buy their team jacket or make their Superbowl predictions until February 2nd. They got it covered!

- Tom F.

Print it.

Zombo

LMAO!

Yeah. He beats you back like like you're a little boy. It's kind of embarrassing actually ... I'm surprised you still hang around.

Is it? Cause actually I'm just here to celebrate being a Browns fan. I haven't even had a cross word with a fellow Browns fan for months. It took somebody to be as big an ass as you are for me to even take a swipe at another Browns fan.

And you have room for error. Last night, I went after that Snatch98 Steeler fan just because ... he's a Steeler fan. I gave him a few good shots and you know what ... for a Steeler fan, he was alright. That's because he never lost his cool, never got personal, and he stood by his convictions. I respect that. By the end of the thread I was laughing with him. You, on the other hand, blew all three of those wads in your first post in this thread.

He had a big burden of proof, being a Steeler fan, I started off with no respect for him ... but he earned it. I don't care who you root for if you have conviction and you stand for something. Otherwise, you are in the middle with Ghoolie and Rich. You, on the other hand ... being a Browns fan, all you have to do is not be too much of a jackass ... but you fail.

You've taken two big roundhouses there bud, so I'm guessing this is your big knockout punch or something?

Because, I should tell you ... I'm not married.

I was married once, but never to someone who used cocaine.

In fact, I'm not even sure what a coke whore looks like ... maybe you should send me family photos.

So I don't know if you're getting bad information or I've embarrassed you so badly that you're just taking blind, stupid swipes.

But I can tell you this much: I'm real. What you see is what you get. I've been to the tailgates, I've met all the charter members, I've watched people get married and have kids, I've been in their living rooms, I've met their spouses and their parents, I've been close to members who have passed on, and I've shared life experiences with so many of the great people here.

So if you had ANY idea of how big of an ass you are making of youself, you'd be on godaddy.com right now shopping for a new url for the Browns board you are going to start up for you and Rich and Ghoolie.

Good luck with that, Chachi

Zombo

Inspecta talks like a fool with a few drinks in him, which is probably every night in his case.

Dude, I took your "tongue in cheek" post and smacked it right back in your flabby face and now you're all worked up.

Seriously man, everyone knows I'm never going to pick the Steelers, It was your choice to be a be a jackass about it.

I figured you'd take the "I was just kidding route", cause unlike that Steeler fan you make fun of ... you have no balls.

Keep making your drunken, trashy posts, it's not going to lower our opinion of you.

Zombo

Wow. You don't react well when someone calls you out for what you are. I guess that's the life of a punk ass.

Sober up.

We'll still pretend you're relevant tomorrow.

Zombo

Zombo. Is this site getting a bit sensitive... I can't even post a little poke at you about your prediction without getting banned and my posts deleted?

Go ahead and poke Fag O' Steel, it's nothing personal you're just all getting wiped out like the vermin you are:

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...ost&p=40085

Personally, I beat the spread when I actually had money on a game, got a bunch of steeler fans undies all bunched up, and even got to beat down a semi-Retarded member of our own ... so I will call it quite the succesful run once again. It's like taking candy from a baby, getting the idiots all worked up everytime. My predictions never fail to deliver.

I'm still a Browns fan having fun, and you're still a Steeler fan wishing you were us.

Zombo

My predictions never fail to deliver.

I'm still a Browns fan having fun, and you're still a Steeler fan wishing you were us.

Zombo[/b]

I'm glad you are still having fun. It must be tough being a browns fan with all the ups and downs. At least you got rid of Romeo and have a nepoleon type of leader. It might be what your team needs.

You are right though, your predictions never fail to deliver. I bet against it and your predictions have been golden for the STEELERS.

Archived