THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh McDaniels

Browns149

Is there any doubt that if he takes interviews this year, he will be the Browns next head coach?

Banner said no coach from last years search will be interviewed. CHECK

Banner said they want a coach that knows how to win in the NFL. CHECK

And they OBVIOUSLY want someone Lombardi has worked with. CHECK

He has been a head coach in the NFL, so I guess he knows how to win, I'm not convinced, but my opinion and yours for that matter doesn't mean squat

He is a Lombardi buddy, and he wasn't interviewed last year.

He's the guy if the Browns interview him.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, McDaniels is a real winner! 8-8 year 1 & next year was 3-9 when fired. OH, and great relationships with his players.

Go ahead Jimmy, but you & your boys are under the microscope. Fuck up again & you'll have to put stuffed elves in the seats.

Mike

Anybody else watch the press conference and notice that Haslam makes some goofy ass faces. What the fuck? :wacko:

Can't wait for the guy who threw Cutler and BMarshall under the bus for Orton and Tebow. I refuse to support this front office if that's our next move.

Yeah the guy is a 100% douche bag. I was just googling him and I forgot how shitty he was. Pat Bollen couldn't get him out of town fast enough.

Plus a fact I never new;

This whole time I thought we got Hillis from Denver because Mangini was a genius and was able to get rid of Quinn at the same time. Turns out Hillis was trying to Fuck McDaniels wife Laura.

While I won't be doing jumping jacks if we hire Josh McDaniels, I do like the notion of hiring a HC with some NFL experience at HC more than the next NCAA coach or the hot NFL OC/DC flavor of the week with zero NFL HC experience.

While I won't be doing jumping jacks if we hire Josh McDaniels, I do like the notion of hiring a HC with some NFL experience at HC more than the next NCAA coach or the hot NFL OC/DC flavor of the week with zero NFL HC experience.

I'm not opposed to hiring him. He seems like he's a bit of an asshole and I'm tired of having nice guys as our coach.

I'm not opposed to hiring him. He seems like he's a bit of an asshole and I'm tired of having nice guys as our coach.

Agreed. Tired of the nice guys and where they finish. Belichick learned a lot from his stint in Cleveland and seems to have done pretty well with his 2nd chance.

can we have a head coach by committee like a running back by committee? just have norv do the offense and horton do the defense and just higher a douche to call time outs and decide when to kick a fucking FG or go for it on 4th down. What a fucking joke this is.

Agreed. Tired of the nice guys and where they finish. Belichick learned a lot from his stint in Cleveland and seems to have done pretty well with his 2nd chance.

The media in Cleveland sure did jade Belichick into what he is today.

I'm not convinced McDaniels is the guy, but he is about as good as they can get.

They are not getting Gruden, Parcells, Cowher......................

can we have a head coach by committee like a running back by committee? just have norv do the offense and horton do the defense and just higher a douche to call time outs and decide when to kick a fucking FG or go for it on 4th down. What a fucking joke this is.

I can call TO when it's needed, and I know when to go for a fg, and I sure know when to go for a 2-point conversion. I have won 100's a Madden games on x-box, so I am qualified.

If they don't hire McDaniels I will be shocked. I'm not all in on it, but they could do worse

And if he turns us down like everyone did last year, this FO is deep shit

I'm guessing they already have something basically done already. They didn't fire Chud out of the blue, and they knew the shit storm that would follow. Whatever happens was preordained IMO.

I'm guessing they already have something basically done already. They didn't fire Chud out of the blue, and they knew the shit storm that would follow. Whatever happens was preordained IMO.

I totally agree. They are not going to take weeks like they did last year.

I just wonder when they are actually "ALLOWED" to talk to McDaniel?

I thought it was during the playoff teams bye week, which NE has

I'd take Mcdaniels over any of the other guys they've been rumored to be bringing in for an interview. I think he's a good coach, just a lousy player personel guy, and he wont have to worry about that aspect here.

will he stick with Horton? If he would than maybe I wouldn't mid giving him a shot...i mean wtf does it matter at this point. But if we're gonna revamp the defense again I might sit out a year.

Can't wait for the guy who threw Cutler and BMarshall under the bus for Orton and Tebow. I refuse to support this front office if that's our next move.

And what has Cutler done to deserve high praise? McDaniels is probably the best coach we can get to come here. What other name is willing to come to this sideshow?

McDaniels singlehandedly put the Broncos back 4yrs at least and not only is he the leading candidate for the clowns HC position but you as fans actually WANT HIM????

you know what? you deserve to be stain fans.

McDaniels singlehandedly put the Broncos back 4yrs at least and not only is he the leading candidate for the clowns HC position but you as fans actually WANT HIM????

Nope, the only way he comes in is if he has zero say in personell decisions- and I'm betting he won't buy it.

Firing Chud may well be one of the biggest boneheaded moves in the entire history of the Browns. I'm beginning to think the team and city are cursed.

I never said I wanted him. I just asked who people thought would actually want to come here. Learn to read.

McDaniels - no freakin way. Browns fans will be chanting "We want Chud back" pretty quickly.

McDaniels is too arrogant, too young. But I can see that Banner and Lombardi would think

he'd fit right in with them on the golf course...

This fo is now a disaster for all to see. It's the Lombardi curse, kinda like

a bubonic plaque. Banner looks like he's auditioning for a mafioso thug

in some movie, and Haslam is coming off like he isn't all there.

Archived