THE BROWNS BOARD

Coach Chud Fired

why cant we win

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree Mik, everyone in the league is scratching their head at what happened. And like it was said even players that have or haven't played for him. I have only personally heard one person say it was a good idea and it was a anonymous player.

i never said it was a good idea to fire him after one year. i've stated that many times.

it either comes down to 2 things. banner and lombardi wanted someone else from the start and settled for their 5th choice and he was a lame duck from the start

OR

haslam doesn't give a fuck and will only tolerate winning and nothing less.

we'll find out after next year if that is true or not because if we go for another 4-12 season and haslam and banner don't get canned then we we know chud's hiring was a sham.

with the talent (foundation) we had and the games we had in our pockets during 3 qtrs just to lose in the fourth was enough for me to justify firing chud the dud. i could care less what players say. sure wipe their ass after every drunken squirt and they'd love ya too. give me a coach that grabs them by the facemask and screams at them in the face.

yeah, that's the guy i want.

Entertaining write up, if nothing else... the George Clooney voice was an excellent suggestion.

It all hinges on McD coming our way. We shall see...

Reflecting further upon Haslam in the presser... I think I saw a lot of Jerry Jones in him. And that scares me...

If there's any player who has earned the right to talk about this organisation it's Joe Thomas, though. Can you blame him for being frustrated? 7 years a brown, 7 pro-bowls, if he retired tomorrow he'd probably be in the HOF in 5 years. Sure, he shouldn't run his mouth, if he wasn't a browns fan when he was drafted he is now, like Cribbs and Dawson and DQJ, and he just wants the team to win. I don't have much problem with it.

i never said it was a good idea to fire him after one year. i've stated that many times.

it either comes down to 2 things. banner and lombardi wanted someone else from the start and settled for their 5th choice and he was a lame duck from the start

OR

haslam doesn't give a fuck and will only tolerate winning and nothing less.

we'll find out after next year if that is true or not because if we go for another 4-12 season and haslam and banner don't get canned then we we know chud's hiring was a sham.

with the talent (foundation) we had and the games we had in our pockets during 3 qtrs just to lose in the fourth was enough for me to justify firing chud the dud. i could care less what players say. sure wipe their ass after every drunken squirt and they'd love ya too. give me a coach that grabs them by the facemask and screams at them in the face.

yeah, that's the guy i want.

I have to agree with this. Nice guys finish last. Mangini was the exception out of the last four coaches. Crennel, Shurmur, Chud...all too nice. The team needs a HC they will respect and play hard for, yet is a hard-ass and don't want to incur his wrath.

Entertaining write up, if nothing else... the George Clooney voice was an excellent suggestion.

It all hinges on McD coming our way. We shall see...

Reflecting further upon Haslam in the presser... I think I saw a lot of Jerry Jones in him. And that scares me...

We wished we had an owner that was more involved than Lerner. Now the old phrase "careful what you wish for" might have hit us square in the face. He wasn't involved as much as I thought he would be, but the company issues he's dealing with obviously have kept him busy. After that's run its course, we'll see what we really have in an owner.

Archived