THE BROWNS BOARD

Coach Chud Fired

why cant we win

You're right about Hoyer and that is part of the reason Chud was let go.

Chud gave the starting job to Weeden over Hoyer to begin the season at the behest of Mike Lombardi. Weeden lost two games, and Hoyer comes in and suddenly wins three games. That stroked Lombardi's ego and was the move that began digging Chud's grave.

Lombardi is on record calling Weeden a "panicked disaster" as well as claiming Hoyer to be a starting caliber QB, yet Chud still started Weeden over Hoyer.

This FO didn't really want Chud. They wanted Kelly, they missed out on him. They wanted Marrone and missed out on him while pursuing Kelly. They wanted McDaniels but McDaniels withdrew his name from consideration. They settled, and then the guy they settled on made personnel decisions that the FO didn't agree with and compiled one of the worst records over a 10 game span in Browns recent history.

It's not a mystery why he was fired.

Interesting take and one that makes sense.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having the lead or tied at halftime in 10 of 16 games and only winning 4 is reason enough to be fired.

Agreed. When you add up the 2nd half failures, game day decision failures and QB decision failures (if in fact Chud was responsible for not seeing Hoyer's talents) it makes sense that he's gone.

I gotta say, I'm probably more 'excited' about our future this morning, than I would've been with Chud still the coach. That's not to say I wanted to see us fire the HC after just one season, but I'm excited to see where we are going to head now.

The reason, or at least one reason, that Chip Kelly didn't come here was because he supposedly didn't want to be under joe banners thumb.

Smart man, that Kelly-guy... Was mentioned during last nite's game that one of the reasons he rang back up the Eagles after "choosing to return to Oregon" last year was the stability of their organization.

Wonder what happened in the coordinator meeting earlier.

Word on ESPN is that all the rest of the staff has been told to sit tight.

Chud gave the starting job to Weeden over Hoyer to begin the season at the behest of Mike Lombardi. Weeden lost two games, and Hoyer comes in and suddenly wins three games. That stroked Lombardi's ego and was the move that began digging Chud's grave.

Lombardi is on record calling Weeden a "panicked disaster" as well as claiming Hoyer to be a starting caliber QB, yet Chud still started Weeden over Hoyer.

It's not a mystery why he was fired.

...but what you are saying is a mystery.

"At the behest of" means "per the request of" or "as ordered by". So if Banner ordered Chud to start Weeden (as you say in your opening), then why was that an issue? And once Hoyer was installed as the starter, there was never a game when Chud started Wheezy over Hoyer.

Chud was garbage. Bottom line. Yea this may be unfair for the home town turd. But who cares. It's sad when shurmur may have been a better coach. Haslem said in July the last three games had to be better than the first three and they weren't. Hell that may have been the worst ending to a season ive ever seen. See ya chud. Your a nice guy. Your a nice guy. But that don't fucking cut it in the big leagues. Get the fuck out and drop ur clip board at the door.

It's the FO fault - they hired him in January of 2013 and fired him in 2013. You can say Chud sucks all you want, comes back to the FACT it was a bad hire by this enept front office and Haslem if he sucks so badly.

You too blind to see that? Or just too stupid?

Just another move by the Factory of Sadness to ensure it continues to put out its losing product for years to come.

It's like a divorce, while it's horribly tough, it's better for everyone to do it quickly so everyone can move on and improve their lives. Yes the FO hired him and fired him quickly, but at least they didn't drag out their mistake for several seasons.

Chud was garbage. Bottom line. Yea this may be unfair for the home town turd. But who cares. It's sad when shurmur may have been a better coach. Haslem said in July the last three games had to be better than the first three and they weren't. Hell that may have been the worst ending to a season ive ever seen. See ya chud. Your a nice guy. Your a nice guy. But that don't fucking cut it in the big leagues. Get the fuck out and drop ur clip board at the door.

No.

It's like a divorce, while it's horribly tough, it's better for everyone to do it quickly so everyone can move on and improve their lives. Yes the FO hired him and fired him quickly, but at least they didn't drag out their mistake for several seasons.

That's the point - just because he's fired doesn't gurantee better results with soemone else. So you assume this FO will bring in someone better? Because why, their illustrious track record of doing so? Or more blind faith that hasnt worked with this organization in over 20 years..

I agree with Cbus Brownie. It was a bad hire to begin with. It was a bad hire and a bad plan. He wasn't qualified and he didn't know what he was doing. Could he have done something good if he'd been given enough time? I think the only thing we can fairly say is that we don't know. But it seems obviously now that the FO was not willing to give him that time. That being the case, they should have never hired him in the first place.

That's the point - just because he's fired doesn't gurantee better results with soemone else. So you assume this FO will bring in someone better? Because why, their illustrious track record of doing so? Or more blind faith that hasnt worked with this organization in over 20 years..

4-12 is 4-12...period. That is Chud's record. Hopefully the next coach will do better. Hopefully they hire the next Lombardi. Hopefully they'll draft the next Tom Brady. We'll see. I'm not jumping off a bridge while slitting my wrists like you seem to be,

4-12 is 4-12...period. That is Chud's record. Hopefully the next coach will do better. Hopefully they hire the next Lombardi. Hopefully they'll draft the next Tom Brady. We'll see. I'm not jumping off a bridge while slitting my wrists like you seem to be,

Lol, hopefully. I've hoped for alot of things from this team over the last 20 years. Here we are.

Again, I agree with Cbus Brownie. This is the same thing I said about the Richardson trade. People are too optimistic that "new and unknown" will mean "better". If an organization doesn't have a track record of making good decisions, what in the world gives you confidence that future decisions will be good? Could they be? Sure. But I don't know that we can ever call an undefined chance at a future player or coach definitively "better" than a current or past one until we see who that future acquisition is.

Lol, hopefully. I've hoped for alot of things from this team over the last 20 years. Here we are.

My best friend got married a few years out of high school to a girl who he knew for less than a year. They were divorced less then 2 years later. That was in 1990. He has now been married to his 2nd wife for 20 years and has 2 grown kids. It can happen. You're a Browns fan.............What else do you have but hope?

How about some accountability from the Front office and Haslem? As a fanbase, we deserve it.

You pick a head coach and fire him 12 months later for sucking, that's YOUR bad. Not his.

In their presser they quoted "the fans deserve to win now". Kind of ironical, isn't it?

In my opinion, this upcoming HC hire and draft will determine the path of our team for the next decade. We will continue to be the worst franchise in the NFL or we will be brought back to our rightful glory with annual playoff/AFC Championship contending teams. I see no in between.

Jimmy was asked from a reporter. "Jimmy can you assure the fans that you don't have the 3 stooges running this organization"..........LMAO

My best friend got married a few years out of high school to a girl who he knew for less than a year. They were divorced less then 2 years later. That was in 1990. He has now been married to his 2nd wife for 20 years and has 2 grown kids. It can happen. You're a Browns fan.............What else do you have but hope?

True, but....Let's make it a little more analogous to our situation.

What if your buddy had been married 10 times since 1990? The same number of HC the Browns have had in that time frame, including 96-98, none lasting for more than 4 years, most gone in 2-3.

Are you confident the soon to be 11th will be the one?

True, but....Let's make it a little more analogous to our situation.

What if your buddy had been married 10 times since 1990? The same number of HC the Browns have had in that time frame, including 96-98, none lasting for more than 4 years, most gone in 2-3.

Are you confident the soon to be 11th will be the one?

I'm like a CB, I have a short memory

The problems at QB cannot be overlooked. He was thrown in a bad situation. Shurmur was terrible and Walrus didnt care at all, and chud was left that mess. Was he the long term solution? I doubt it.

I am a litte undecided on this firing. In one way I think he deserved another year, in another way, realistically, the improvements would have probably been little to nothing and it is best to cut the cord than waste time. Maybe they have a guy they REALLY like and wanted to make the move. Maybe there was some backroom conflicts we aren't being told.

I am having a hard time deciphiring if the FO are a bunch of clueless egomaniacs or really concerned with winning and filling up the seats.

Obviously, I agree with Hurricane that the Browns have serious QB problems. Here's my thing, though: If you know you don't have a viable option at QB, you don't insist on switching to a completely QB-dependent offense and then cry, "Well, you can't blame ME! I didn't have a QB!" when it doesn't work out.

Both the FO and Chud are to blame for this. Chud is to blame because the only way he was going to be successful (if we believe him) is if he got a wonderful QB to run the offense he wanted to run. The FO is to blame for putting him in that position when they knew he wasn't going to get that opportunity.

He got fired for his stupidity. Trying to get cute going for 4@5s. Going for two in situations where it calls for one. And both cost them football games. Unacceptable even for the Cleveland browns. Like I said he's a hometown guy so he should be picking garbage up not coaching a yeam

Typical Cleveland stumble and fumble. The franchise that is a laughing stock of America. Ward and Mack are counting the days when they can play for a WINNER!!!and Haden can't be far behind. The Browns get bottom tiered free agents that they have to pay All Pro money to, now they will need to top Cudzinski's 4/ $13 millon contract to attract a 2nd tier coach. Only players and coaches that are desperate or get handed a BOAT load of money would ever think of coming to Cleveland

Archived