THE BROWNS BOARD

The Wide Receivers

Shep

Wow, Bess has really been a disappointment and I did NOT see that coming. I thought it was a genius addition, one of the most dependable slots receivers in the NFL, a human chain mover. Now he leads the entire league in drops (14) and just put up an Instagram smoking weed. Also heard a family problem (he's from a tough part of Oakland) has been on his mind all year.

I have a feeling the Browns still believe in Greg Little. I seriously do. He works his ass off, keeps his nose clean, and flashes that YAC ability. I could see him playing more slot next year. I'm also beginning to wonder if the guy who gets cut is Bess. He turns 29 next year and he just seems to be a mess. He'd really have to turn it around.

The Browns need to add a WR at the top of the pile, maybe as high as our second first round pick and no later than our early round 2 pick. In a deep WR draft, you'll find someone really good early in round 2, especially when you already have a #1. The Browns have some artillery to make that ever-popular move to the 33rd pick overnight and I could seem them targeting a specific WR there.

A couple Bess stories:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/12/davone_bess_cleveland_browns.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/21/davone-bess-raises-eyebrows-with-online-photo/

I think we are better off without him, Little can resume his starts staus and Cooper can fill Bess role, can't be any worse at it that Bess has been.

I'm with ya Shep, I thought it was a smart signing ... But it has been awful.

Zombo

Sammy Watkins is the man and here's why:

Everyone knows about his explosive speed and silky smooth mechanics but that's just part of the equation.

What I really like about this kid is his attitude. He's a great teammate a hard worker and a true professional. I've seen a few interviews and I'm convinced that he's going to do things the right way and work his ass off to maximize his sterling skill set.

Furthermore, do you believe any DC in the league would want to gameplan for Gordon, Cameron AND Watkins? With those weapons a Brandon weeden bust sculpted out of toothpaste and dog shit could throw for 4500 yards next year. I've heard some people question his size but with his speed 6'1" 205 is fine by me.

All a matter of degree... but if you're firing a blunt outside in the cold and wet, and have a job that includes random drug testing... you may have a problem.

Yup... welcome to the club.... in a word the kid is elite.

Plus when we take Sammy with our #1A the sound you hear will be Shep's head exploding...

who cares if they smoke? bill clinton and george bush can be president doing coke but people can smoke a little weed? People should worry about their own lives and not other people's

People always say this.

It's against the rules, that's the bottom line. Who cares if you believe it should be legal, it isn't .

People always say this.

It's against the rules, that's the bottom line. Who cares if you believe it should be legal, it isn't .

it's legal in Colorado, so does that mean the Bronco's can smoke weed?

Everyone knows about his explosive speed and silky smooth mechanics but that's just part of the equation.

What I really like about this kid is his attitude. He's a great teammate a hard worker and a true professional. I've seen a few interviews and I'm convinced that he's going to do things the right way and work his ass off to maximize his sterling skill set.

Furthermore, do you believe any DC in the league would want to gameplan for Gordon, Cameron AND Watkins? With those weapons a Brandon weeden bust sculpted out of toothpaste and dog shit could throw for 4500 yards next year. I've heard some people question his size but with his speed 6'1" 205 is fine by me.

The WR's don't make the QB.

Who exact is Brady throwing to this year? How has Andre Johnson helped out the Houston QB's? How did Fitzgerald and Floyd help Arizona's QB last year?

Archived