THE BROWNS BOARD

The War On Christmas!

MLD Woody

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you suppose it'd be as much outrage if someone were burning Bibles or American flags? Usually in those situations I hear folks cleaning it's our right to protest. Whether or not you are one of them I don't know. What I do know is that I ended by post talking about the people who bitch about the call to prayer in Dearborn Michigan.

If you haven't been to Dearborn you are not only missing out on a very cool city but probably the largest percentage of Muslims in any American town its size. And there were Christians bitching about the call to prayer. Just some people who wanted to be assholes.

I would say that's a similar situation to wanting to force people to take down nativity scenes.

The powers that be in US government, as you may recall, went positively ballistic over the guys burning the Koran.

Oddly enough it seemed that was the same demographic that supported the taxpayer funded artwork of Jesus in a bottle of piss.

Does that fit your definition of irony?

And we are most certainly on the same page as to what really makes people fight with each other. Here in the US we have everything we need so we find smaller things to fight about. Poverty in Detroit is hardly poverty on the African continent....

WSS

I've been to Dearborn, yes, and sorry I missed what you said about call to prayer there, but I never figured you would be hypocritical about it, it's others that are. And I never complained about the way government handles Quran burning, I'm complaining that some of the people (not you) who complain that Christianity is being attacked are attacking other religions.

I don't know who funded the Jesus in the bottle of piss thing, but regardless it is wrong. Never heard of it until you mentioned it.

And no, I don't support Bible burning, that would be hypocritical. Same with flag burning. People who think they have it bad hear should try living in Egypt, where resources are much scarcer. Some of the things we protest here are luxury protests elsewhere.

How would you like this in Cleveland? Or LA? Or any city? I sure the hell wouldn't.

The only reason that would happen is if France is denying them houses of worship or the ability to rent large spaces for the larger prayer gatherings. This wouldn't happen in the USA because it isn't made necessary. Here Muslims rent function halls and don't have a hard time doing it. The Muslim demographic here is wealthier than in France and doesn't have to deal with as much institutional bigotry.

Archived