THE BROWNS BOARD

Bungle Fans

Zombo

And we could talk about that some more if the mods on this thing that passes for a message board would allow it.

But they won't.

Rather, this is the board where tough guys hide behind the moderators protective apron.

A message board where revisionist historians like Gip can safely write a million posts embracing a marketing lie.

I don't know about the other things, but I know I have stated nothing that is a "marketing lie". Just what exactly do you mean?

The only things I can think of is your ignorant dismissal of anything that happened in football before like 1970 or whatever.

Again, those facts are there whether you like them or not. No, the South did not win the Civil War, and yes, the Jewish Holocaust did happen...despite your potential denial of those facts.

The only other thing I can think of that you ignorantly profess to be true of a factual nature is the situation concerning the Browns and Modell moving out of town. Everything I say is legally, factually, morally correct.

If you wish to engage in some personal delusional theater about that situation, I guess I cannot stop you. But I can correct you, though I am not sure you would know the truth if it hit in the forehead with a 2x4. (though the thought of that happening is certainly intriguing)

A message board where Zombo can demonstrate the bravery needed to predict a Cleveland win each and every week.

A message board where it's safe for pinheads to gather and agree that every loss suffered is a fluke.

In short, this isn't a message board at all.

It's a bubble.

And you must be the soap scum that is left afterwards.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No that's not possible. They let you come here and gloat after a win why wouldn't they let you eat crow after a loss?

Perhaps the mods don't like pricks around their bubble?

I don't know about the other things, but I know I have stated nothing that is a "marketing lie". Just what exactly do you mean?

The only things I can think of is your ignorant dismissal of anything that happened in football before like 1970 or whatever.

Not only do I not dismiss the things that happened in football before 1970 or whatever I insist they matter very much. More specifically, your claim to an unbroken link to past accomplishments.

Point blank, all of the direct links from past Brownie players, coaches, and ownership did in fact move to Baltimore, where it's no coincidence the then new Raven team was acknowledged to have earned it's draft position based upon the won/loss record of the Cleveland Browns. Frankly, that's the type of direct link to past accomplishments your team lacks.

In fact, the new version of the Cleveland Browns were started from scratch beginning with a veteran player expansion draft no existing team has ever been allowed and later was granted draft positioning that had absolutely nothing to do with the teams most recent won/loss record. The new team was acknowledged to be a brand new team dressed in old trappings.

Not only do I not dismiss the things that happened in football before 1970 or whatever I insist they matter very much. More specifically, your claim to an unbroken link to past accomplishments.

Point blank, all of the direct links from past Brownie players, coaches, and ownership did in fact move to Baltimore, where it's no coincidence the then new Raven team was acknowledged to have earned it's draft position based upon the won/loss record of the Cleveland Browns. Frankly, that's the type of direct link to past accomplishments your team lacks.

In fact, the new version of the Cleveland Browns were started from scratch beginning with a veteran player expansion draft no existing team has ever been allowed and later was granted draft positioning that had absolutely nothing to do with the teams most recent won/loss record. The new team was acknowledged to be a brand new team dressed in old trappings.

Uma, me and Gip aren't about to argue for the 10,000th time the distinction between a team and a franchise. The Browns franchise didn't move, the team did. Irsay took the team and the franchise to Indy. Johnny Unitas' records reside in Indy. Jim Brown's are still the property of the Cleveland Browns. Always were still are.

And personally we don't give a rat what you think- you're wrong.

Uma, me and Gip aren't about to argue for the 10,000th time the distinction between a team and a franchise. The Browns franchise didn't move, the team did.

By your definition a franchise has nothing to do with any of the people who make up the team. Rather, you define a franchise by the inanimate tools used by teams for the purpose of marketing....ignoring the fact that each of those things, from brand name to logos to uniform design and colors, can be easily changed if team ownership decides it wants to.

Johnny Unitas' records reside in Indy. Jim Brown's are still the property of the Cleveland Browns. Always were still are.

If Jim Brown would have been an active player when the move occured he would have become a Raven just as surely as other Cleveland players became Ravens.

And personally we don't give a rat what you think-

Life in a bubble suits you.

By your definition a franchise has nothing to do with any of the people who make up the team. Rather, you define a franchise by the inanimate tools used by teams for the purpose of marketing....ignoring the fact that each of those things, from brand name to logos to uniform design and colors, can be easily changed if team ownership decides it wants to.

If Jim Brown would have been an active player when the move occured he would have become a Raven just as surely as other Cleveland players became Ravens.

Life in a bubble suits you.

I really don't get why you're here...

Wanna have some real fun? What's a Bengal anyway?

You had to ask didn't you.

A Bengal is a tiger

And a fast plane is a Jet.

A Cowboy comes from Texas

And a Raider's tough I'll bet.

A Viking's from the frigid north.

Seahawks live near the sea.

All are names of football teams,

Just like they ought to be.

But there's one name that makes no sense

It causes me to frown

Can anyone enlighten me?

Just what's a Cleveland Brown?!

I don't know if it is true,

But I think I've heard a theory;

That Cleveland named its team

After the color of Lake Erie.

Brown does not describe

A big and strong athletic man.

It's what's inside the diaper

Of a baby Steeler's fan.

The guy who named this football team

Must be the Cleveland clown

Who else would think to call

A football warrior a Brown!!

If I'd been born in Cleveland

And there my life was spent,

I'd find another team to cheer

From pure embarrassment.

I myself, have always loved

The Steelers Black and Gold.

I did when I was very young,

And I will when I am old.

But why's this name an adjective

When it should be a noun?

Can anybody tell me

What the hell's a Cleveland Brown?!

Well, this is where you prove you are a fucking ignorant hillbilly dumbass.

First off....pretty much it was ONLY the owner that moved......by virtue of the NFL......who makes these determinations....not you.....granting him a brand new franchise.

The coaching staff never went to Baltimore. Belichick and his entire staff were fired first.

A few players went...but within a year only maybe 10 players were still on that squad that were here.

The NFL created the Cleveland Browns Trust, run by Bill Futterer to continue the Browns franchise.

The Cleveland Browns offices never moved from their Lou Groza, Berea Ohio address.

Probably as many of the "underlings" of the Browns front office stayed here to continue to work for the Browns as went to Baltimore.

Yea, the Ravens were given the Browns draft positioning.

If you knew anything about corporate transactions you would know that one company can in fact transfer an asset to another company.

If ACME Widgets Inc. wants to transfer a piece of Extrusion equipment to Baltimore Widgets, it certainly can by virtue of a bill of sale. That does not mean that ACME Widgets has become Baltimore Widgets.

Player contracts, draft positioning, jock straps...all these kind of assets can be bought and sold.

The Cleveland Browns were indeed a deactivated NFL franchise for those 3 years. There was indeed a replenishment draft....I was there held in the Canton Civic Arena. NO ONE there, trust me, viewed this an anything other than being an initial step toward putting the Browns franchise back on the field.

Again and again and again, are you sure you are not a stupid steeler fan. You act just like them

Again, the Cleveland Browns agree with me. The Baltimore Ravens agree with me. The State of Ohio, the State of Maryland, the City of Cleveland, the City of Baltimore, the National Football League all agree with me.

Or, more accurately.....I am simply relating to you what they all agree to amongst themselves.

But naturally, a deluded mind believes that whatever is inside that deluded mind is the final say.

Have fun with your delusions.

Mine usually tend toward beautiful women....but each to his own.

You had to ask didn't you.

A Bengal is a tiger

And a fast plane is a Jet.

A Cowboy comes from Texas

And a Raider's tough I'll bet.

A Viking's from the frigid north.

Seahawks live near the sea.

All are names of football teams,

Just like they ought to be.

But there's one name that makes no sense

It causes me to frown

Can anyone enlighten me?

Just what's a Cleveland Brown?!

I don't know if it is true,

But I think I've heard a theory;

That Cleveland named its team

After the color of Lake Erie.

Brown does not describe

A big and strong athletic man.

It's what's inside the diaper

Of a baby Steeler's fan.

The guy who named this football team

Must be the Cleveland clown

Who else would think to call

A football warrior a Brown!!

If I'd been born in Cleveland

And there my life was spent,

I'd find another team to cheer

From pure embarrassment.

I myself, have always loved

The Steelers Black and Gold.

I did when I was very young,

And I will when I am old.

But why's this name an adjective

When it should be a noun?

Can anybody tell me

What the hell's a Cleveland Brown?!

Nice rhyming....but to the point, do you really NOT know why the Cleveland Browns are called the Cleveland Browns?

Do you want to know?

Or better, let me put it to you in a trivia question, which I am known for:

Name the only 2 NFL franchises that are named after a specific individual.

Nice rhyming....but to the point, do you really NOT know why the Cleveland Browns are called the Cleveland Browns?

Do you want to know?

Or better, let me put it to you in a trivia question, which I am known for:

Name the only 2 NFL franchises that are named after a specific individual.

Browns and...Bills?

Well, this is where you prove you are a fucking ignorant hillbilly dumbass.

First off....pretty much it was ONLY the owner that moved......by virtue of the NFL......who makes these determinations....not you.....granting him a brand new franchise.

The coaching staff never went to Baltimore. Belichick and his entire staff were fired first.

A few players went...but within a year only maybe 10 players were still on that squad that were here.

The NFL created the Cleveland Browns Trust, run by Bill Futterer to continue the Browns franchise.

The Cleveland Browns offices never moved from their Lou Groza, Berea Ohio address.

Probably as many of the "underlings" of the Browns front office stayed here to continue to work for the Browns as went to Baltimore.

If you knew anything about corporate transactions you would know that one company can in fact transfer an asset to another company.

If ACME Widgets Inc. wants to transfer a piece of Extrusion equipment to Baltimore Widgets, it certainly can by virtue of a bill of sale. That does not mean that ACME Widgets has become Baltimore Widgets.

Player contracts, draft positioning, jock straps...all these kind of assets can be bought and sold.

The Cleveland Browns were indeed a deactivated NFL franchise for those 3 years. There was indeed a replenishment draft....I was there held in the Canton Civic Arena. NO ONE there, trust me, viewed this an anything other than being an initial step toward putting the Browns franchise back on the field.

Again and again and again, are you sure you are not a stupid steeler fan. You act just like them

Again, the Cleveland Browns agree with me. The Baltimore Ravens agree with me. The State of Ohio, the State of Maryland, the City of Cleveland, the City of Baltimore, the National Football League all agree with me.

Or, more accurately.....I am simply relating to you what they all agree to amongst themselves.

But naturally, a deluded mind believes that whatever is inside that deluded mind is the final say.

Have fun with your delusions.

Mine usually tend toward beautiful women....but each to his own.

Gip- let Uma have his delusion- don't waste time arguing with him- he's just spinning BS to get a rise out of us. we're right, hes wrong.

There's still Ravens fans that have it all wrong too.

First off....pretty much it was ONLY the owner that moved......

Lie #1 - Not only did the owner move he took his GM and players with him. Plus, he took the records that mattered most, the ones that directly relate to winning and losing. And as proof of that unbroken link to the Browns real playing history it was the Ravens who drafted based upon past records. Meanwhile, when the Browns drafted they greedily accepted all of the trappings of an expansion team with no history.

Where did the people who fired the coaching staff go?

They went to Baltimore, and the only thing they left behind were office chairs and uniforms or other things linked to a then tarnished brand that wouldn't have been readily or easily accepted in Baltimore.

To continue on paper perhaps.

Without players or games played any direct link to the teams football related past is severed completely in Cleveland. However, in Baltimore those liknks still exist, unbroken.

Actually they weren't given anything. They drafted where the teams previous won/loss record dictated they draft.

The Cleveland Browns were indeed a deactivated NFL franchise for those 3 years.

More to the point, the new teams link to past Cleveland teams is not only severed....the gap is three years wide.

There was indeed a replenishment draft....I was there held in the Canton Civic Arena. NO ONE there, trust me, viewed this an anything other than being an initial step toward putting the Browns franchise back on the field.

And there's the rub because a franchise that doesn't exist on the field has no claim on ANY teams playing history.

All of your links lead back to legal documents, not people.

Thus, you have no rightful claim on the things those people accomplished.

Rather, your new team is a marketing gimmick.

I didn't bother to read whatever ignorance Umadogg is spewing.....because whatever it is....it is probably certainly ignorant. And without doubt 100% factually incorrect. Ergo, not worthy of response.

My only question: Don't they have a very important game against like the Colts whom they are fighting it out with for playoff seeding?

Or is he too much of an Indy FrontRunnerAssKisser for their basketball team to worry about a big game his team has?

As a general rule, now with the Browns out of things, I would probably like to see the Bengals be highly involved for top seeding...more so than the Colts...but a schlub like that certainly makes me want to rethink my feelings.

I didn't bother to read whatever ignorance Umadogg is spewing.....

That's because you live in a bubble.

And without doubt 100% factually incorrect. Ergo, not worthy of response.

You have no response precisely because the things I write are 100% factual.

You're team is a marketing gimmick.

My only question: Don't they have a very important game against like the Colts whom they are fighting it out with for playoff seeding?

Yes they do, and thanks for asking.

Lie #1 - Not only did the owner move he took his GM and players with him. Plus, he took the records that mattered most, the ones that directly relate to winning and losing. And as proof of that unbroken link to the Browns real playing history it was the Ravens who drafted based upon past records. Meanwhile, when the Browns drafted they greedily accepted all of the trappings of an expansion team with no history.

Where did the people who fired the coaching staff go?

They went to Baltimore, and the only thing they left behind were office chairs and uniforms or other things linked to a then tarnished brand that wouldn't have been readily or easily accepted in Baltimore.

To continue on paper perhaps.

Without players or games played any direct link to the teams football related past is severed completely in Cleveland. However, in Baltimore those liknks still exist, unbroken.

Actually they weren't given anything. They drafted where the teams previous won/loss record dictated they draft.

More to the point, the new teams link to past Cleveland teams is not only severed....the gap is three years wide.

And there's the rub because a franchise that doesn't exist on the field has no claim on ANY teams playing history.

All of your links lead back to legal documents, not people.

Thus, you have no rightful claim on the things those people accomplished.

Rather, your new team is a marketing gimmick.

Isn't it about time to have the nurse change your Depends?

Archived