THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Thoughts During Bye Week

miktoxic

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trent had another solid #3 worthy rushing day: 5 rushes, for 2yds for an impressive 0.4avg. Cue Katy Perry's 'The one that got away' lol

Few people wanted Trent more than I did at draft time, but I was WRONG! When I got a call that they had traded him to the Colts for a 1st, my immediate reaction then was disbelief that they got more than a 3rd rounder for him. Colts' Fans must be PISSED!

This FO did one hell of a job on that one.

Mike

Yup... Panthers are on quite a roll.

Big news of day (besides BLT beating Cinci for us us) was TY Hilton leaving Indy game with a groin pull. Should improve our other 1st round pick...

Yup... Panthers are on quite a roll.

Big news of day (besides BLT beating Cinci for us us) was TY Hilton leaving Indy game with a groin pull. Should improve our other 1st round pick...

So should the beat down put on them by the Rams!

Browns gained some ground yesterday and they didn't even play :)

Bengals lost = +1 in Division

Jaguars won = WC positioning improvement (Titan loss)

Charger loss = WC position improvement

Indy loss potentially gives us better positioning on the 1st and 3rd/4th (don't remember which round the other pick is) Draft picks we got from them.

If the Bucs can upset the Dolphins tonight we can gain some more headway in the WC positioning.

We're currently the #9 seed, so we moved up a spot or two this weekend after the dust has settled.

Indy loss potentially gives us better positioning on the 1st and 3rd/4th (don't remember which round the other pick is) Draft picks we got from them.

We got the 4th from Indy. The 3rd is from the Steelers. Man, that could be useful.

The Colts showed two things yesterday. First off, even though QB is the most important position on the field you have to have a RB to at least keep the defense honest. The Colts, not unlike the Browns, have no run game to speak of. I really hope Browns coaches give Fozzy Bear and Obie more looks and have McGahee for a change of pace and tough yards. Secondly, it's amazing how the loss/addition of a WR can impcat an offense. Again, Colts losing Wayne has looked to be a huge blow to them. Conversely, us getting Gordon back was a huge step forward. You can also look at the Pats with Gronk in there. I still think the Colts are a lock for the playoffs because that division is super weak this year, but that first round pick could end up being a low 20's one.

Yeah, the Steelers third round pick could be pretty high... for Shamarko "Whiff" Thomas. He got ankled yesterday really bad. That might get us a pretty serious RB next year, exactly where they should be drafted these days. Another excellent trade by this brass, along with the trade they DIDN'T make (Flash). Tashaun Gipson is quite a bit better than Whiff.

I'm probably out on a limb here, but I think Luck is overrated. I know numbers don't tell everything but he wasn't in RG3 or Wilson's class at all last year and his numbers this year are so-so. He definitely comes up big when it matters most... but you'd like to see the guy do better in just about every other measure (completion %, ratio, etc.). Can he carry a team struggling to run the ball, like a Rodgers, Manning, Stafford, Brady, etc.? Sure didn't look like it yesterday. He throws a lot of picks, too. Even post-injury, I think I'd still take RG3.

Chances of the Eagles letting Foles go pretty much got extinguished yesterday. More likely he signs an extension for starter money. He's ripping it up.

We need a running back. Getting one in the 2d/3rd round would be good, especially if we are clearly going QB, then maybe OL or LB. I believe the Browns might like to get an upgrade at the MLB spot.

I've been thinking that as well, they can't be happy with the way they've been abused in coverage. One thing that did occur to me is that Jamoris Slaughter - our 6th round draft pick, Safety - played a lot as a linebacker in college, maybe he's someone they'll look to work in to the defense in that way?

Per NFL.com:

There isn’t anywhere that Slaughter hasn’t lined up over the past three years in South Bend. Even at six feet, 200 pounds, he has played a safety/linebacker hybrid position in addition to lining up as a nickel back and either safety spot. This versatility will endear him to NFL defensive coordinators always on the lookout for players able to stay on the field no matter the offensive personnel.

Per NFL.com:

There isn’t anywhere that Slaughter hasn’t lined up over the past three years in South Bend. Even at six feet, 200 pounds, he has played a safety/linebacker hybrid position in addition to lining up as a nickel back and either safety spot. This versatility will endear him to NFL defensive coordinators always on the lookout for players able to stay on the field no matter the offensive personnel.

sounds good to me. let's just hope that talent and versatility translates outside of south bend and into NE ohio.

i'm know there is a lot of football still to be played this year but i can't wait to see how this FO does next year in the draft and FA. it will be the start of something grand or the beginning of the same song and dance.

sounds good to me. let's just hope that talent and versatility translates outside of south bend and into NE ohio.

i'm know there is a lot of football still to be played this year but i can't wait to see how this FO does next year in the draft and FA. it will be the start of something grand or the beginning of the same song and dance.

Though it is possible that he may prove to be too much of a "tweener" to be capable at either position. 6' 200 is way too small at LB.

OK for safety, but does he have the speed and coverage skills...though maybe he has the "pop".

We need a running back. Getting one in the 2d/3rd round would be good, especially if we are clearly going QB, then maybe OL or LB. I believe the Browns might like to get an upgrade at the MLB spot.

Late 2nd or early 3rd...I think we really need a Full back to go with Dion Lewis. I think Oline and WR become our greatest need next draft..

This draft we need the best player available for the positions at need. Which really can be any. WR, play making LB, DB, Oline or QB.

It is painfully obvious our last GM and fatboy reached for players. We are the 2nd youngest team in the league. Keep on adding talent. Do not reach.

Sign some FE but don't break the bank on them. We can use depth and if we can add a starter who isn't asking for millions than do it. I haven't been this upbeat about the Browns in a long time.

If we beat the Bengals on Sunday we will make the play offs.

Oh yeah, please cut Weeden. I think even having him on the sideline encourages losing.. We can sign anyone to replace him, He is old and ulgy

Archived