THE BROWNS BOARD

Campell to start

The Cysko Kid

He played in 6 games with he Bears last year and threw for 265 yds...

We better hope the Fozzy Kamikaze is ready to blow up

The Bears Oline that year was terrible. Cutler was sacked innumerable times and even his numbers were down. Redskins teams that he played with were terrible and still are with the exception of RG3. This is probably the best offensive personnel that he's played with. Over his career he's thrown more TD's than picks something you can't say for Weeden. This team needs decent quarterback play and I think Campbell can deliver that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team and fans needed to see this change, now we have to hope campbell can survive against a very hostile defense or we will unfortunately see weeds again..

Honestly i would rather see us sign some no name as a backup and waive weeden..

Imagine the story if we go into KC and win...........It'll be all Hoyer 2.0

I don't think so. We know what we've got in Campbell. He's had a nice average career and has played on some very shitty teams. He was looking really good with the Raiders before the injury a couple years back.

Hoyer was a complete unknown so to see him come in and play well and lead us to 2 wins gave us hope that we might not need a QB in the first round next season. I don't think it matters how Campbell plays the rest of the way, we're picking a QB early in next years draft.

I don't think its really possible for him to be worse. We've all seen him play. When we played the Raiders 2 years ago, he had them at 4-2 and they were on their way to beating us that day before he got hurt and their season turned to shit.

it's obvious they need to sign a #3 qb

cause if campell goes down weeden's not gonna have any interest in going back out there just to be a tackling dummy...

We have Marqueis Gray put him in next- Weeds is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53tsKuwrNJo

It is possible that Campbell is worse, guys. As heinous and horrific as that thought is, it's in play.

It is possible for someone to play worse than weeden. I, for example, have never played football in my life. I'd probably be quite inaccurate, with a noodle arm and bad decision making. I'm also not getting paid a million dollars a year to do it professionally. If there is a QB anywhere that is worse than Weeden, he shouldn't be in the league!

it's obvious they need to sign a #3 qb

cause if campell goes down weeden's not gonna have any interest in going back out there just to be a tackling dummy...

On top of that, he's essentially been benched twice this season. The guys confidence is totally (deservedly) shot so if he goes back in it'll be more of a train wreck than last week. Honestly I'd rather see Gray come in and run a read-option game if Campbell goes down than see Weeden again.

Listen Weeden was too ugly to root for. This team is close, if we had an average QB we would be a solid team. I hate to say it but Brady Quinn does look hot.

We need to sign Cutler in the off season. I myself wish Dallas would have given up on Romo, I have to admit I am a bit of a romosexual

Wheezy will look great holding a clipboard somewhere. I'd be more excited if we had some rookie coming in to take a shot over Campbell. We know what that guy has, he's failed in Washington, and again in Oakland yet we expect a different outcome in Cleveland? Truth is, we win about the same number of games with Campbell as we would have with Weeden.

Wheezy will look great holding a clipboard somewhere. I'd be more excited if we had some rookie coming in to take a shot over Campbell. We know what that guy has, he's failed in Washington, and again in Oakland yet we expect a different outcome in Cleveland? Truth is, we win about the same number of games with Campbell as we would have with Weeden.

I don't think he failed in Oakland, rather he got injured. I believe he was 4-2 which was a big improvement for them. We just need a serviceable QB to be competitive/watchable. If Weeden was to start again, i would be mowing the lawn, playing with my kid, or something else instead of getting mad at terrible football every Sunday. Weeden is toast.

I think norv will have more of a playbook with Campbell in. I used to watch him as a redskin. he wasnt awful. just average the team around him generally lost games.

at worst I think norv can tailor fit something for campbell to work to his assets. especially after a long bye week to put a plan together.

I don't think he failed in Oakland, rather he got injured. I believe he was 4-2 which was a big improvement for them. We just need a serviceable QB to be competitive/watchable. If Weeden was to start again, i would be mowing the lawn, playing with my kid, or something else instead of getting mad at terrible football every Sunday. Weeden is toast.

i agree, what i saw of him (prob more than you guysbeing in the NFC east tv market) i liked him. he wasn't great but he sure had a better showing then than what i see now of weeden. shanahan didn't know squat. wanted a different guy and their team basically sucked. you can't put that all on campbell.

hey at least the FO heard us and we know have to take our medicine. either it makes us better or we know we are dead.

I think Weeden is the shit, guys! Campbell ain't got nothin on Weeds.

Seriously, I watched the first couple of possessions last week and turned the game off. I had never done that before. I am ashamed to say that I did it last week. Weeden makes football suck to watch. I watch him play and can only think of how badly I want to kick him in the balls. He will get booted out of Cleveland, and I promise you, he will give the same speech his non-ginger brother gave about how the fans suck and booed him when he got hurt. Fuck you Weeden and fuck you Derek Weeden!

I'm not campaigning for Weeden nor do I think that Oakland and Washington are model franchises for a QB to function in, what I am saying is that if he really had something, he already had opportunities to show it. In the great words of Marcellus Wallace, "You came close but you never made it. And if you were gonna make it, you would have made it before now."

I'm not campaigning for Weeden nor do I think that Oakland and Washington are model franchises for a QB to function in, what I am saying is that if he really had something, he already had opportunities to show it.

He showed he is average and mildly competent.

That is a huge upgrade.

The future of this franchise is "21" ... the 21st starter since 1999. Campbell is "20". If he can hold the fort down without being Weedenesque I think we will all be happy with that right now.

Zombo

I know ... everybody looks good in highlights. But humor me.

He's the only Oakland starting QB to have a winning record (11-7) in the past ten years.

If you can win in Oakland, you can win in ... Cleveland?

I know ... everybody looks good in highlights. But humor me.

He's the only Oakland starting QB to have a winning record (11-7) in the past ten years.

If you can win in Oakland, you can win in ... Cleveland?

THanks for the video. Got me excited for this weekend's game. I hope he still has the wheels b/c he's gonna need them...

Archived