THE BROWNS BOARD

Brandon Weeden has got to be fired!

gftChris

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2013/10/10/cleveland-browns-brandon-weeden-second-chance/2957331/

"I've never really been in a situation where I've been doubted like this – and it lights a fire, motivates me to get into this building before anybody, study at night more than anybody because I want to prove everybody wrong,'' Weeden told USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday. "I want to prove to everybody that I can be the guy to lead this franchise to the places we want to go.

"If I'm worried about making mistakes, I'm making it harder on myself. So I just want to go out, have fun, just let it rip, and try to make the plays to help this team win. I have confidence in my ability and in everybody on this football team. So when I do it, hopefully, everybody will come back and say, 'I can't believe we doubted him.'''

Well, here's hoping that translates to a W at the weekend - if ever there was a game where a quick release was needed, it's against the lions front 4, with their weak secondary. Hoyer would have had a very real chance to win this game. Expect to see lots of quick read screens and slants. Almost like last year...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeds has shown that he can play in the league. Coming in cold Thursday and winning was huge. I think it may have helped his ego, confidence is crucial to a quarterbacks development.

And its not far out saying this team is a contender with even average qb play, weeden has been a 6/10 qb, we NEED him to make the step to a 7/10 at least. That slight difference in qb play is huge for this team (ala Hoyer)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2013/10/10/cleveland-browns-brandon-weeden-second-chance/2957331/

Well, here's hoping that translates to a W at the weekend - if ever there was a game where a quick release was needed, it's against the lions front 4, with their weak secondary. Hoyer would have had a very real chance to win this game. Expect to see lots of quick read screens and slants. Almost like last year...

Well, all we need is a repeat of his performance in the preseason game against the Lions #1 Defense. He torched them. Sure, no guarantee that it will happen again...but it could give him confidence in his ability to handle this team.

Weeds has shown that he can play in the league. Coming in cold Thursday and winning was huge. I think it may have helped his ego, confidence is crucial to a quarterbacks development.

And its not far out saying this team is a contender with even average qb play, weeden has been a 6/10 qb, we NEED him to make the step to a 7/10 at least. That slight difference in qb play is huge for this team (ala Hoyer)

6/10 is too generous. More like 3 or 4....Weeden is a bottom 5 QB in the league, easily bro.

one more missed pass like the one to ogbonnaya down the sideline vs the ravens, and im arranging a murder.

no you're not. Don't blame Weeden personally, that's like me blaming you for sucking at life. You can work with what your momma gave you. Blame the FO for the product on the field and their inability to acquire better talent.

Nothing like believing in yourself...

"...and try to make the plays to help this team win."

Confident QB's don't try... they do.

How you going to convince me, when you yourself are not convinced.

C'mon Wheezy, prove me wrong...

6/10 is too generous. More like 3 or 4....Weeden is a bottom 5 QB in the league, easily bro.

Until proven otherwise Weeds has the shitty stats to back up your claim. The Lions game will be telling- and it's pivotal to the season. 4-2 and we talk about being a contender- 3-3 and it's back to qb draft talk.

Until proven otherwise Weeds has the shitty stats to back up your claim. The Lions game will be telling- and it's pivotal to the season. 4-2 and we talk about being a contender- 3-3 and it's back to qb draft talk.

Surely one win or loss shouldn't be indicative on the rest of our season. We need to breed a mentality of winning, nay? One player does not make a team, correct?

And you guys call me crazy for wanting to build for the future.

If this week marks the difference between playoffs or top 5 draft pick, we were never a first place team to begin with.

The only must-win games CLE have are against the AFC North. They must win at least 1 against BAL and sweep PIT to stay afloat.

Surely one win or loss shouldn't be indicative on the rest of our season. We need to breed a mentality of winning, nay? One player does not make a team, correct?

And you guys call me crazy for wanting to build for the future.

If this week marks the difference between playoffs or top 5 draft pick, we were never a first place team to begin with.

:) That's not me, but I've been moderating this board for a long time- and I can guarantee you that's the way talk will swing. I was hoping for 8-8 before the season- and I'm still hanging my hat on that. If Weeden steps up, who knows what could happen.

BTW, my $100 with Ghoolie on the Browns winning more than 5 (I took the over) is looking pretty good now isn't it? LOL I've NEVER lost an internet bet- I cleaned up in '96 betting every Ravens troll in sight Tampa Bay would win more games than the Ratbirds that year.

Weeds was still slow last game... but faster than before. While Hoyer got the ball out in a very fast 2.9, Weeds was a glacial 4.1 last year. I read that he was 3.6 last game, which is a half second better. That's not for nothin', really. If he can get in the 3.3 area on average, that's fine for a guy who wants to let plays develop downfield.

He just can't miss wide open receivers downfield. Total waste of his best asset, the cannon arm.

Is Jason Campbell available?

Z

what did this guy do that got him picked over for a start and can not see the field when we have garbage on display?

Archived