THE BROWNS BOARD

BQ on Mike & Mike this morning

NFLNooB

I heard it.

BQ is now hawking Pedigree dog food. He apparently is to get paid a commission based on how many people click on his link on their website.

So Golic says he loves dogs. Greenberg, not so much.

Then they joked about Golic's man-crush.

I picked up some Pedigree on the way to work, frickin delicious.

I heard it.

BQ is now hawking Pedigree dog food. He apparently is to get paid a commission based on how many people click on his link on their website.

hey lumhomo why dont you just man up and cheer for whats best for the browns even if that means brady quinn is our starter homo

hey lumhomo why dont you just man up and cheer for whats best for the browns even if that means brady quinn is our starter homo

Because that would require him to be a Browns fan.

Hey there take it easy on the masses of people who booed DA just so they could see BQ play. They're all "Browns Fans" as far as you know.

yea im sure they are browns fans... they wanted to see what quinn had after we invested a first round pick on him if you remember... plus what was anderson giving us at the time it sure wasnt wins so why not give quinn the chance at that time why dont you just stop blowing anderson when he sucks

BQ said (I paraphrase) that the Steelers defense has a hole - that they tend to leave the middle of the field open and that could be exploited. Should have shared that with the rest of the Browns, as they did not do so hot last time they played Pittsburgh. Some of the best QBs in the game this year have played against the Steelers and not had a good day. In his defense the middle is a known hole in the Cover 2 and that's why they sometimes plat a Tampa 2. But I think it was a weird thing to say.

BQ said (I paraphrase) that the Steelers defense has a hole - that they tend to leave the middle of the field open and that could be exploited. Should have shared that with the rest of the Browns, as they did not do so hot last time they played Pittsburgh. Some of the best QBs in the game this year have played against the Steelers and not had a good day. In his defense the middle is a known hole in the Cover 2 and that's why they sometimes plat a Tampa 2. But I think it was a weird thing to say.

You think it wierd that an opposing QB would study your defense enough to know where the hole is? Really? And then to comment on it? Really?

Personally, it sounds like a guy who not only listened to his coaches, but did a bit of film study, in the expectation that he will be facing that defense a few times over the next decade and isn't afraid to share that knowledge.

As he never got to play against your defense...maybe it was more a component of our QB's were unable to exploit that particular hole...DA has a notorious problem with the short game...and Gradkowski was a newby in the offense...so no surprise to me.

You guys see Man vs Wild last night?

Rumor has it it wasn't even a scheduled shoot, this time around it was REAL.

Turn out he walked into Oregon with a Quinn jersey on and they kicked his ass then threw him out into the middle of Hell Canyon.

Good show, I'd recommend it to anyone.

You guys see Man vs Wild last night?

Rumor has it it wasn't even a scheduled shoot, this time around it was REAL.

Turn out he walked into Oregon with a Quinn jersey on and they kicked his ass then threw him out into the middle of Hell Canyon.

Good show, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Never miss it...love bear grylls....Survivorman is good to by Les is a freakin Idiot alot of the time...

Care to rebuttle any of this or are you going to just ignore it as usual when I hand you your ass on a platter?

just keep handing me my ass on a platter and crying that I don't reply inspecta. You got a good point about the Browns losing all their games with DA in there though, seeing as how the Browns went 1-7 after Lerner pulled DA it seems clear that DA was the whole problem. And I'm sure Quinn will pull off 10+ wins in no time.

So did anyone hear what Quinn Incorporated had to say to Colin Cowterd? Is he selling a shit load of dog food yet?

You think it wierd that an opposing QB would study your defense enough to know where the hole is? Really? And then to comment on it? Really?

Personally, it sounds like a guy who not only listened to his coaches, but did a bit of film study, in the expectation that he will be facing that defense a few times over the next decade and isn't afraid to share that knowledge.

As he never got to play against your defense...maybe it was more a component of our QB's were unable to exploit that particular hole...DA has a notorious problem with the short game...and Gradkowski was a newby in the offense...so no surprise to me.

I don't think it's weird that he studied the defense, I think it's weird he would say there is an exploitable hole. Only Tennessee had three offensive TDs against the Steelers D this year. Their losses were mostly due to not having an offense. Both Mannings, Cassell, Flacco, McNabb, etc. didn't find and use said hole. And where would BQ fit in that group if you listed them by ability?

I sure hope that Kurt Warner doesn't listen to Mike and Mike or the Steelers are toast.

Never miss it...love bear grylls....Survivorman is good to by Les is a freakin Idiot alot of the time...

Man vs. Wild cant even begin to hold a candle against Survivorman. Bear has a camera crew and needlessly kills things and eats them purely for the gross-out factor.

I don't think it's weird that he studied the defense, I think it's weird he would say there is an exploitable hole. Only Tennessee had three offensive TDs against the Steelers D this year. Their losses were mostly due to not having an offense. Both Mannings, Cassell, Flacco, McNabb, etc. didn't find and use said hole. And where would BQ fit in that group if you listed them by ability?

I sure hope that Kurt Warner doesn't listen to Mike and Mike or the Steelers are toast.

Im sure His (Warners) coach (Whisenhut) told Him...After all He was the Stoolers OC a couple years ago....

Man vs. Wild cant even begin to hold a candle against Survivorman. Bear has a camera crew and needlessly kills things and eats them purely for the gross-out factor.

not to mention he stays in hotels half the time.

bear's a pussy....

Did anyone hear the Cowherd interview? I missed it but heard Colin refer to it later in the show. He something about Quinn coming into the interview with an attitude (not a bad attitude but an anti-Colin attitude). I don't remember Colin's exact words. He did say that Quinn eventually warmed up to him. Just wondering if that was Cowherd just being and idiot or if there was something to what he said. It's not really a big deal........i mean.........everyone hates Cowherd.

Guest Masters
Did anyone hear the Cowherd interview? I missed it but heard Colin refer to it later in the show. He something about Quinn coming into the interview with an attitude (not a bad attitude but an anti-Colin attitude). I don't remember Colin's exact words. He did say that Quinn eventually warmed up to him. Just wondering if that was Cowherd just being and idiot or if there was something to what he said. It's not really a big deal........i mean.........everyone hates Cowherd.

You can listen to the replay of the show on ESPN Radio on line

wrong! Bear is way better then Les, I watch them both and they both do more things then I would ever think about doing, but Les is Retarded, he sets down his camera, walks a mile, then has to walk back to get the camera, just for a stupid shot.... thats not cool, thats dumb.

Who cares if he has a camera crew, who cares if he gets to eat regular food. He still is informative about surviving. Bear is just smarter by not having to walk miles for no reason just to get a shot

wrong! Bear is way better then Les, I watch them both and they both do more things then I would ever think about doing, but Les is Retarded, he sets down his camera, walks a mile, then has to walk back to get the camera, just for a stupid shot.... thats not cool, thats dumb.

Who cares if he has a camera crew, who cares if he gets to eat regular food. He still is informative about surviving. Bear is just smarter by not having to walk miles for no reason just to get a shot

Finally! A hijacked Les vs Bear thread!

I like Les better. Sure, all that camera work is not a very survivalist thing for him to do, but you can learn alot from him. I'm not sure how much you can learn from Bear, aside from getting your ass killed in a hurry unless you're some freak-a-zoid superhuman like he is...

-Al

Guest Masters
Thanks, Masters, i thought you had to pay for that service.

Quinn did a really good job but he sounded tired. Maybe that had something to do with Colin's comment.

Along with being on hand at the SB (sure he has been partying), and being up early to be on Mike and Mike earlier.

No problem on the tip. I used to think the same thing as you :)

Yup, DA got benched... boo hoo! But look, his replacements have not shown they were really any better... boo hoo! What amazes me is that BQ has apparently said he expects to have to compete for the position this spring.

It ain't over just yet. What would it mean if the new crew doesn't dump DA in a trade?

Here's Quinn on The Herd. Run time 7:38.

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?...&id=3864041

-Said he met Mangini breifly and was impressed.

-Said "of course I hate Pittsburgh. When you grow up in Ohio, and you're a Cleveland fan, you hate Pittsburgh".

-He benches 405.

Ok he has to say he's impressed with Mangini. But hating Pittsbugh because its how you were raised and benching 405 as a QB is just balls-out cool.

I heard it.

Did Don Strock, Frank Reich, or Clint Longly ever have a strange fan like Loverboy hoping for bad things for Marino, Kelly and Staubach?

Now all DA needs is a place that is willing to think he's smart. Haven't found one yet but the extensive search continues. As for the Pro Bowl farce - he will battle former Pro Bowl QB Vince Young in the hunt for a new team willing to say "that's our QB." Good luck!

- Tom F. (The 12th of Never is a HUGE holiday out in Lummy's hood)

Archived