THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon to 49ers discussed according to Adam Schefter

Booty Loaf

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where have I heard this firstytsentance before?

I never said anything remotely close to that regarding the T-Rich trade. He was and appears to continue to be average. You can't possibly think Gordon is average. He is worth more than any team will offer. It could take us many years to secure another receiver like him.

I would trade you for a lot less than that.

Id trade him for the experience of a good cabbage fart! :P

OK, so it may be Banner, moreso than Lombardi that has a hard on about getting rid of Heckert chosen players. Because I believe he has some sort of grudge against Heckert from Philly days, and he takes it out on Heckert's players.

If true, I think it would have more to do with 1 more strike and he's out then Heckert or Philly or anything else. Kind of depends on whether you put much stock on what Adam Schefter tweets or not.

Gordon is one of three players on this team you absolutely cannot trade. I wouldn't let him go for two first rounders. Would any other team give up an elite WR, which Gordon is, for any kind of draft pick? No, why should Cleveland be the only stupid one. I know it's just discussion but it still pisses me off

This ^

Gordons Contract:

7/16/2012: Signed a four-year, $5.342 million contract. The deal contains $3.8 million guaranteed -- a $2.324 million signing bonus, Gordon's first two base salaries, and $380,000 of his third-year salary. 2013: $632,802, 2014: $825,604 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2015: $1,068,406 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2016: Free Agent

This is chump change for a receiver of his quality. Essentially, there is little risk to keeping him, more risk letting him go, become a stud, and make Browns look like brown sphincters muscles (ie assholes)!

Relax.

Just because other teams offer, and we listen, doesn't mean we are shopping him. Ya gotta listen.

But I wouldn't trade him for Two #1's right now ... he's a franchise receiver.

Zombo

^+1 Nah we'll trade you Gordon for Frank Gore + a pick. Hey Niners, care to trade us Kapernic while you're in the market? We'll give you Weeden and one of our first rounders? Deal?

Gordon is one of three players on this team you absolutely cannot trade. I wouldn't let him go for two first rounders. Would any other team give up an elite WR, which Gordon is, for any kind of draft pick? No, why should Cleveland be the only stupid one. I know it's just discussion but it still pisses me off

What you and Zombo said.

Gordons Contract:

7/16/2012: Signed a four-year, $5.342 million contract. The deal contains $3.8 million guaranteed -- a $2.324 million signing bonus, Gordon's first two base salaries, and $380,000 of his third-year salary. 2013: $632,802, 2014: $825,604 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2015: $1,068,406 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2016: Free Agent

This is chump change for a receiver of his quality. Essentially, there is little risk to keeping him, more risk letting him go, become a stud, and make Browns look like brown sphincters muscles (ie assholes)!

Exactly

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Browns aren't shopping their stars. But they have talked to teams about Josh Gordon, including #49ers. They'd like a 2nd rounder in return

Really? That's all the value Ian puts on a stud WR? In that case we should ask the Lions if they'd trade us Megatron for a second rounder, Man, I'd do that deal in a nanosecond. Hell, I'll even throw Greg Little in on top of it.

Either Gordon's personal life is just an accident waiting to happen or he is complaining about money already. No one would trade his talent for a future pick at this point no matter who drafted who. Richardson was traded because he was unproductive and the Colts reached a little too far for his potential. But Gordon is becoming a star. My bullshit theory, if i had to make one, would be that promises were made by the old FO that the new FO won't keep, Gordon is bleeding from one of his holes about it, and eveyone else is starting to get tired of the internal saga. Or this kid is going to be the next Ricky Williams, if you know what I mean. It has to be extreme to even begin to make sense.

I see upside to shopping him and "leaking" his "value".

Gordon is worth much more than a 2... period. Shows it everytime he sets foot on the field.

If teams are concerned enough about him getting on the field that a 2 is as high as they are willing to go, I use that to motivate Gordon to stay on the field and show them all what they missed out on.

If nothing else, the kid has pride... use it...

... snorting blow off Moly (Miley) Cyrus' cleavage at Larry Flynts club on west bank.

Miley has cleavage?

The national media is still talking about Richardson like he's an elite player.

Amazing isn't it?

Relax.

Just because other teams offer, and we listen, doesn't mean we are shopping him. Ya gotta listen.

But I wouldn't trade him for Two #1's right now ... he's a franchise receiver.

Zombo

No doubt you have to listen. Even if for no other reason than to keep the lines of communication open with the other team. You never know when you might want to contact them.

As the saying goes....everything is for sale if the price is right.

......in each of the next 3 drafts.

This. Seriously like many others already said, you can draft a WR for the next 10 drafts and not get one that is good as Josh Gordon. I wouldn't trade him for 2 firsts, and if someone was crazy enough to trade 3 firsts that's when I'd be stumped.

How many years do teams pick a player in the 1st round and 3 years in a row it's a pretty mediocre to average player, possibly even a bust? it happens quite often.

I hope no team is crazy enough to offer 2 firsts and some other picks because I'm sure Banner/Lombardi would do that deal. I wanna keep Josh.

edit: LOL a second for Josh? what is wrong with this shit.

No doubt you have to listen. Even if for no other reason than to keep the lines of communication open with the other team. You never know when you might want to contact them.

As the saying goes....everything is for sale if the price is right.

Not exactly 'Peen and you know this- there's a few guys in the NFL that there isn't a realistic price on. You could offer the Broncos your next two drafts for Peyton Manning, and you'd get probably get turned down.

Not exactly 'Peen and you know this- there's a few guys in the NFL that there isn't a realistic price on. You could offer the Broncos your next two drafts for Peyton Manning, and you'd get probably get turned down.

"probably".

i think it'd go more like "go fuck yourselves!"

They clearly have been. You're 100% right. Virtually every move not only looks fantastic... but makes it seem like nobody else since 1999 really understood the league they play in.

I would hate the idea of trading Gordon... but I would instantly suspect Banner had a good reason. Nobody manages a team out of spite. Banner is an employee who will be judged on wins and losses and he knows it. This whole notion that GMs run a team to make a point about Tom Heckert is absolutely off the reservation.

If we did trade Gordon, and I deeply doubt it? Wait for the other shoe to drop. That would mean the team sincerely believes he's a hot mess.

They haven't done anything stupid yet.

They've been brilliant, actually.

Zombo

#Browns Chud: "We are not shopping Josh and we have no plans to trade Josh." He was responding to ESPN report about trade talks with 49ers.

(Well there's that.)

You missed the tweet right beneath it- Sheard and Groves are practicing again. :) If we can hold the Lions to a couple field goals we got a chance- all depends if Megatron plays. The guy is uncoverable.

You missed the tweet right beneath it- Sheard and Groves are practicing again. :) If we can hold the Lions to a couple field goals we got a chance- all depends if Megatron plays. The guy is uncoverable.

lions dont have a very good secondary, at all..... norv and chud should be able to gameplan good enough for us to get points. i see no less than 17 points sunday. i want to see benjamin involved in the offense this week too. and expect at least 4-5 throws 40+ yards down field.

Well, you see what Haden did with AJ Green....the closest thing in the league to Megatron. If JH can come up with a similar performance....and I expect him to do so, we could be in pretty good shape.

Archived