THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon to 49ers discussed according to Adam Schefter

Booty Loaf

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns-49ers have discussed trade for WR Josh Gordon. Deal unlikely with Mario Manningham coming off PUP, Crabtree slated to return in Nov.

shefter just tweeted about it. says deal "unlikely".

still pisses me off to no end that they're even seeking a trade. fuck the browns im done

Relax.

Just because other teams offer, and we listen, doesn't mean we are shopping him. Ya gotta listen.

But I wouldn't trade him for Two #1's right now ... he's a franchise receiver.

Zombo

Relax.

Just because other teams offer, and we listen, doesn't mean we are shopping him. Ya gotta listen.

But I wouldn't trade him for Two #1's right now ... he's a franchise receiver.

Zombo

Except, of course, the rumors are that it was the Browns that have been initiating the trade talks.

Again, to me, this seems just a case of Lombardi NOT caring about winning unless it is done with players he has chosen.

Clearly Gordon is a beast....an outstanding receiver. Anyone that would trade him would be doing it out of pure hubris for his own ego.

Fear that he is going to go off and get suspended? STUPID. Even if he does, so what.

Except, of course, the rumors are that it was the Browns that have been initiating the trade talks.

I find that difficult to believe.

And it is Banner that is running this franchise, not Lombardi.

Zombo

I find that difficult to believe.

And it is Banner that is running this franchise, not Lombardi.

Zombo

OK, so it may be Banner, moreso than Lombardi that has a hard on about getting rid of Heckert chosen players. Because I believe he has some sort of grudge against Heckert from Philly days, and he takes it out on Heckert's players.

OK, so it may be Banner, moreso than Lombardi that has a hard on about getting rid of Heckert chosen players. Because I believe he has some sort of grudge against Heckert from Philly days, and he takes it out on Heckert's players.

Well, that would be awful.

Josh Gordon has been simply spectacular and has the all the characteristics of a #1 receiver ... hands, speed, size ... he is probably the best draft pick we have made since 1999.

We are three and o with him.

HIs stats in those three games prorated to a 16-game schedule:

96 catches, 1,648 yards 11 TDs

I simply can't imagine the Browns wouldn't want to keep a 22 year old receiver with those tools, playing that well.

Zombo

Josh Gordon has been simply spectacular and has the all the characteristics of a #1 receiver ... hands, speed, size ... he is probably the best draft pick we have made since 1999.

I simply can't imagine the Browns wouldn't want to keep a 22 year old receiver with those tools, playing that well.

Zombo

Precisely.

Zombo

Really? You can't imagine that the Browns FO would do something stupid?

They haven't done anything stupid yet.

They've been brilliant, actually.

Zombo

with an extremely small amount of time they've had... cant judge off this small a sample size. but i do really like what i see. it looks like they actually have a blue print set for what they want and it looks like we are going in the right direction.

I believe our FO wants the NFL public to know they will listen to any offer hoping that a blockbuster "DITKA" offer just might come along. I believe Gordon should be valued higher that a 2nd round. Can you imagine the type of year he would have with Brees or P. Manning?

Yep, gotta listen when someone offers to buy your car parked in the driveway, you'd be stupid not to. That doesn't mean you're actively trying to sell it or don't want it anymore.

i just hope they aren't trigger happy because of his past off the field issues.

go ballistic? they wouldn't be enough security guards in cleveland and berea for what would happen.

he/they would truly look like the biggest schmucks in cleveland football history if they were to gut this team of our legit pro talent.

right behind

modell

holmgren

shurmur

(i'm sure there are others but i'm too high right now to look anything up).

great. they got us a #1 for TR. they did good in FA and did ok in the draft. what else do you have to prove that you are the brett maverick of nfl wheeler and dealers?

I believe our FO wants the NFL public to know they will listen to any offer hoping that a blockbuster "DITKA" offer just might come along. I believe Gordon should be valued higher that a 2nd round. Can you imagine the type of year he would have with Brees or P. Manning?

It's hard to sell him higher than a second considering he was a second rounder and he's one strike away from a full suspension.

That's the bargaining chip any offering team has.

Really? You can't imagine that the Browns FO would do something stupid?

Just got a tweet alert from "who gives a fuck"# Gordon seen drinking cough syrup and snorting blow off Moly Cyrus' cleavage at Larry Flynts club on west bank.

My ex-wife have been in "discussion" regarding her giving up some trim for weeks. Just cause you talk about sho don't mean it's gonnn happen. so it goes

Now, the kid has trade value. Next time he pops positive he is adios......with zilch trade value. Obviously the Browns FO does not have a lot of faith that he can stay clean. If the Browns don't have a good feeling about his long term sobriety you gotta ask yourself why any other FO would. Any team that makes an offer won't risk much and will offer a pittance. Browns should keep him and hope for the best in terms of his substance abuse issues. They already know he can make plays and help them win games.

If a Gordon trade could come to fruition, and if it were up to me, I would look for RB's to shore up our questionable run game. McGeeheehee, a damaged Ogbo and Rainey prolly won't get it done. Oops, I forgot,, it doesn't matter how good your running game is since it is a totally QB driven league. What the hell was I thinking? FWIW, I would try to get Giovani Bernard. The bungholes would most likely not give him up to an AFC north foe but it's ok to at least dream

Trading him is nothing short of tanking the season. The risk is there for sure but we will never get the right offer commensurate with his skill level. You could draft WR in the 1st round for the next 10 years and not get a Josh Gordon caliper receiver. You have to assume the risk on him and hope for the best. If you win the roll you have an elite WR who could become the best in the game. If you lose the roll you blew a 2nd round pick. That is not such a rare occurrence.

Trading him is nothing short of tanking the season. The risk is there for sure but we will never get the right offer commensurate with his skill level. You could draft WR in the 1st round for the next 10 years and not get a Josh Gordon caliper receiver. You have to assume the risk on him and hope for the best. If you win the roll you have an elite WR who could become the best in the game. If you lose the roll you blew a 2nd round pick. That is not such a rare occurrence.

Where have I heard this first sentance before?

Gordon is one of three players on this team you absolutely cannot trade. I wouldn't let him go for two first rounders. Would any other team give up an elite WR, which Gordon is, for any kind of draft pick? No, why should Cleveland be the only stupid one. I know it's just discussion but it still pisses me off

Archived